Tempe police reportedly asked to leave Starbucks

The Police are "self styled militia"? They're the police. They try and enforce the laws that some other idiot puts on the books. Make them go away and the "really bad people" are going to come and hurt you and the people you care about. Try and get a "barrista" to help you when that shit's going down!

90% of what the cops do have nothing to do with stopping bad guys... who are only as dangerous as they are because you clowns interpret the Militia Amendment as "I can has me a gun!"

Most cops are good guys doing a tough job. And some of them are racist bullies with badges and guns,

It is not murder, you are claiming an opinion, not stating facts. The fact is not every killing is murder. I know you twist a lot but this is a stretch even for you.

Um, you shoot at someone with the intent to kill them, that's murder. Now it might be "justifiable homicide", but I'm not terribly inclined to give cops the benefit of the doubt every time anymore. Not after all these cases where they claimed it was 'justified" and we see videotape of people being shot in the back or while they are on the ground.

Shooting at someone with the intent to kill is not murder. Illegally taking life with premeditated intent is murder. The fact that you misuse the definition of a word doesn’t make it murder. So you have no proof that cops murder 1000 people a year. Be careful out there so a cop doesn’t kill you, you poor drama queen.

The Police are "self styled militia"? They're the police. They try and enforce the laws that some other idiot puts on the books. Make them go away and the "really bad people" are going to come and hurt you and the people you care about. Try and get a "barrista" to help you when that shit's going down!

Onliest thing a barista ever did for me was give me a coffee. The police gave me guns in my face and handcuffs, plus a free ride.

The former gave me what they gave me because I ordered it. The latter gave me what they gave me because I existed.
Damn good thing I wasn't packing like the gun fetishists on this board continually fantasize about, or at least two of us would have been dead. For nothing.

Yes, self-styled militia. See this thread for too much more.

Ah yes...the mean police who ride around just looking for innocent citizens to brutalize! Happens every day...right, Pogo? I don't know what's sadder...the liberal fantasy that believes that about the police...or your totally unbelievable story trying to prove that it's true!

I can tell you one thing they’d whip your ass if it came down to it. And you’re at work on the street they wouldn’t take up for you if you where getting your beta ass kicked by other blacks. Or maybe the are nice black gentleman remember it’s not all not all but most.

Again, the only people who've really done me wrong in my life are other white males...

So I kind of don't want to hear this shit about the evil blacks because you're a racist POS.

A self loathing caucasian it’s obvious you’ve never had a gun stuck to your head like many of us white people have in New Orleans you pussy.

I have. Although not in New Orleans.
Two guys who turned out to be cops. They never identified themselves. I had to figure it out. Jumped out of their car and pulled guns on me for literally no reason except that I was the only one around.

So a café patron not wanting that element nearby is eminently understandable. When an armed self-styled militia that holds itself above the law is nearby, ANYTHING can happen. And as long as they keep pulling that shit, it will be remembered.

Two guys jumped out of their car and pulled guns on you because you were the only one around? Pogo...you gotta stop smoking that shit, man...it's making you paranoid!

You’re a fucking idiot you’re boring me
I'm guessing that was meant for Pogo?

Again, the only people who've really done me wrong in my life are other white males...

So I kind of don't want to hear this shit about the evil blacks because you're a racist POS.

A self loathing caucasian it’s obvious you’ve never had a gun stuck to your head like many of us white people have in New Orleans you pussy.

Two guys who turned out to be cops. They never identified themselves. I had to figure it out. Jumped out of their car and pulled guns on me for literally no reason except that I was the only one around.

So a café patron not wanting that element nearby is eminently understandable. When an armed self-styled militia that holds itself above the law is nearby, ANYTHING can happen. And as long as they keep pulling that shit, it will be remembered.

Two guys jumped out of their car and pulled guns on you because you were the only one around? Pogo...you gotta stop smoking that shit, man...it's making you paranoid!

Since I haven't been conversing with him evidently not.

That's what happens when somebody doesn't quote who they're addressing. For all we know he's talking to himself.

Onliest thing a barista ever did for me was give me a coffee. The police gave me guns in my face and handcuffs, plus a free ride.

The former gave me what they gave me because I ordered it. The latter gave me what they gave me because I existed.
Damn good thing I wasn't packing like the gun fetishists on this board continually fantasize about, or at least two of us would have been dead. For nothing.

Ah yes...the mean police who ride around just looking for innocent citizens to brutalize! Happens every day...right, Pogo? I don't know what's sadder...the liberal fantasy that believes that about the police...or your totally unbelievable story trying to prove that it's true!

Ah yes indeed. That happened right in the neighborhood where I lived at the time and I was well familiar with the attitude of the local police. No one I know would have got them involved.

Oh and that's got zippo to do with being "liberal". It has to do with being "experienced".

As far as whether you believe it, you have the option to hide under the covers going "lalala":if you can't handle it. Doesn't remove my scars but as long as it makes Numero Uno feel a safe space, that's all that matters. :itsok:

That's what happens when somebody doesn't quote who they're addressing. For all we know he's talking to himself.

I was going with the odds, Pogo! String that you're in and someone's being called a "fucking idiot"...my guess is it's you! :)

Ah yes indeed. That happened right in the neighborhood where I lived at the time and I was well familiar with the attitude of the local police. No one I know would have got them involved.

Oh and that's got zippo to do with being "liberal". It has to do with being "experienced".

As far as whether you believe it, you have the option to hide under the covers going "lalala":if you can't handle it. Doesn't remove my scars but as long as it makes Numero Uno feel a safe space, that's all that matters. :itsok:
Let me guess..."emotional" scars?

I've had overwhelmingly good experiences with the Police. That stems from the fact that I treat them with respect for having to do an unpopular job. Amazing how well the Police tend to treat you when you aren't being a "fucking idiot"!

Severed tendon that had to be stitched back together inside the finger; had to wear a cast for months; vertical scar on my face above the lip where the middle branch of nerves has been permanently damaged, which I cover with a mustache. Can never straighten my finger again.

But that's got zero to do with "police", now does it.

I was going with the odds, Pogo! String that you're in and someone's being called a "fucking idiot"...my guess is it's you! :)

You can "guess" whatever you like, however since my post doesn't precede his, not much of a guess, is it.

Sooooo whose post does precede it?

Oh my. It's yours.

A group of Tempe police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable.

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states.

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."

Reggie Borges, a spokesperson for Starbucks, said the company is still gathering details about the incident.

"We have a deep respect for the Tempe Police and their service to the community," he said. "We've reached out to the Tempe Police Department and Tempe Officers Association to better understand what happened and apologize. We want everyone in our stores to feel welcomed and the incident described is not indicative of what we want any of our customers to feel in our stores."

Borges declined to comment about any disciplinary actions.

Starbucks Corporate seems to be handling the situation pretty well, but the barista never should have made such a request in the first place. The customer who made the request should have been the one asked to leave. One costumer compared to a group guaranteed to come in and buy coffee and donuts all the time? Sounds like a no-brainer.

I agree the Cops should be shown the door because with Cops there who will chance to take a bath in the restroom and then panhandle for a Americano while listening to Enya!?!

I've had overwhelmingly good experiences with the Police. That stems from the fact that I treat them with respect for having to do an unpopular job. Amazing how well the Police tend to treat you when you aren't being a "fucking idiot"!

Indeed. So lemme tell you (again) about an incident where there actually was interaction, again not by my choice.

This is twenty years later. I'm riding home on the trolley from a long long day at work, it's 11pm and I've got to be right back in there for 6am which means leaving at 4:30. Lost in thought I ride right past the stop where my house is, have to get off two blocks up and walk back. Just as I'm getting to my house turning the corner a nondescript white Oldsmobile comes screaming up the avenue and two guys jump out and point guns at me and order me up against the wall. Not in any kind of uniform, not identifying themselves as cops, but they have guns. And they have handcuffs, which they slap on behind my back. They pull me into the car and drive back down the avenue where I just rode up from.

No explanation, nothing.

At this point I ask for clarification. "uh, can I ask what this is about?"

"WE'RE TRYING TO SOLVE A FUCKIN' HOMICIDE IS THAT ALRIGHT WITH YOU!?!" screams the guy in the passenger seat.

OK, won't pursue that line of questioning. I look around for clues. They have a police radio on the console. They had handcuffs and pistols. They won't say who the fuck they are.

We drive down the avenue to some bar where supposedly somebody had just got shot. One guy gets out to fetch an eyewitness to the shooting, brings him back to the car. "Oh no, nothing like that" the witness says. "He was much shorter, fatter, had a Southern accent".

In other words NOTHING about me matched the description. I was simply the first moving body they saw.

First plain cop gets back in, we drive back up the road and stopped in a random place where there was nobody around to see them remove my handcuffs and release me.

Never once did they say who they were. Never once did they apologize. Never did they explain anything.

Then I had to get my four hours sleep to go back to work again, which I did. That morning trolley couldn't come fast enough.

So you see son, it doesn't matter if you don't bring shit to them. THEY will bring it to YOU.
They think they're Lord God Supreme Occupying Military Force, and we're just scum.

Oh and if I had been following the wacko advice of the wacko gun fetishists on this site and been packing for "self-protection", obviously when accosted by two unidentified gun-toters in the middle of the night there would have been a shootout. And guess how they would have written the police report.

Y'all who live in this fantasy world of Adam-12 are amusing in your profound naiveté. The world does not work that way.

A group of Tempe police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable.

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states.

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."

Reggie Borges, a spokesperson for Starbucks, said the company is still gathering details about the incident.

"We have a deep respect for the Tempe Police and their service to the community," he said. "We've reached out to the Tempe Police Department and Tempe Officers Association to better understand what happened and apologize. We want everyone in our stores to feel welcomed and the incident described is not indicative of what we want any of our customers to feel in our stores."

Borges declined to comment about any disciplinary actions.

Starbucks Corporate seems to be handling the situation pretty well, but the barista never should have made such a request in the first place. The customer who made the request should have been the one asked to leave. One costumer compared to a group guaranteed to come in and buy coffee and donuts all the time? Sounds like a no-brainer.
I would never frequent a fucking Starbucks. I don’t give knob jobs so I don’t drink lattes.

90% of what the cops do have nothing to do with stopping bad guys... who are only as dangerous as they are because you clowns interpret the Militia Amendment as "I can has me a gun!"

Most cops are good guys doing a tough job. And some of them are racist bullies with badges and guns,

Most criminals with firearms are usually banned from owning because of their felonies...

So why do those like you condone straw purchases?

Severed tendon that had to be stitched back together inside the finger; had to wear a cast for months; vertical scar on my face above the lip where the middle branch of nerves has been permanently damaged, which I cover with a mustache. Can never straighten my finger again.

Sounds to me like someone started some shit with the Police...got his smart ass handed to him...and then started crying about how he was scarred for life! To be blunt, Pogo...I'm not buying your story that you weren't doing anything and for no reason what so ever the Police beat you! It sounds like the bullshit stories I heard from countless other losers who got their asses kicked after they started something and then claimed "I wasn't doing ANYTHING and that guy hit me for no reason!"

Sounds to me like someone started some shit with the Police...got his smart ass handed to him...and then started crying about how he was scarred for life! To be blunt, Pogo...I'm not buying your story that you weren't doing anything and for no reason what so ever the Police beat you! It sounds like the bullshit stories I heard from countless other losers who got their asses kicked after they started something and then claimed "I wasn't doing ANYTHING and that guy hit me for no reason!"

You have a long history of curling up into a ball and going "lalala" when you can't handle the truth, so I don't give a shit what you claim to believe. It's your problem.

Does anyone believe Pogo got jumped by a bunch of cops for no reason? How many of you think he's full of Grade A horse manure and the whole story is no more credible then Jussie Smollet's?

Does anyone believe Pogo got jumped by a bunch of cops for no reason? How many of you think he's full of Grade A horse manure and the whole story is no more credible then Jussie Smollet's?

straight-jacket.gif

Shooting at someone with the intent to kill is not murder. Illegally taking life with premeditated intent is murder. The fact that you misuse the definition of a word doesn’t make it murder. So you have no proof that cops murder 1000 people a year. Be careful out there so a cop doesn’t kill you, you poor drama queen.

Naw, man, I'm white... I don't have to worry about that. If I were black, that would be a major concern.

Forum List

Back