Tempe police reportedly asked to leave Starbucks

I was carjacked by a Mexican invader a few years ago. The police were impeccable. They were kind and understanding. The jacker was caught in 20 minutes and the cops were even nice to him.
... If you give an attitude to the police you deserve what you get.

This kind of sounds like you story about how Lesbians insisted that you paint one of your ugly paintings for them.

Cops shoot or kill 1000 citizens a year.

I can tell you one thing they’d whip your ass if it came down to it. And you’re at work on the street they wouldn’t take up for you if you where getting your beta ass kicked by other blacks. Or maybe the are nice black gentleman remember it’s not all not all but most.

Again, the only people who've really done me wrong in my life are other white males...

So I kind of don't want to hear this shit about the evil blacks because you're a racist POS.

In a Starbucks? Oh, yeah...that happens almost daily! No wonder that other customer didn't feel "safe"! (eye roll!)

Starbucks has their collective heads up their collective asses! Why anyone would pay for their overpriced coffee is beyond me. I'd rather hit Dunkin!

Dunkin's coffee tastes like shit.

Anyway, as someone else pointed out, in Tempe, tempers are high right now because a cop shot a 14 year old in the back while he was playing with a toy gun.

A group of Tempe police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable.

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states.

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."

Reggie Borges, a spokesperson for Starbucks, said the company is still gathering details about the incident.

"We have a deep respect for the Tempe Police and their service to the community," he said. "We've reached out to the Tempe Police Department and Tempe Officers Association to better understand what happened and apologize. We want everyone in our stores to feel welcomed and the incident described is not indicative of what we want any of our customers to feel in our stores."

Borges declined to comment about any disciplinary actions.

Starbucks Corporate seems to be handling the situation pretty well, but the barista never should have made such a request in the first place. The customer who made the request should have been the one asked to leave. One costumer compared to a group guaranteed to come in and buy coffee and donuts all the time? Sounds like a no-brainer.

2019: we all need a binky

No one "feels safe"....and YOU need to do something about it

Grow up, toots

A group of Tempe police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable.

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states.

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."

Reggie Borges, a spokesperson for Starbucks, said the company is still gathering details about the incident.

"We have a deep respect for the Tempe Police and their service to the community," he said. "We've reached out to the Tempe Police Department and Tempe Officers Association to better understand what happened and apologize. We want everyone in our stores to feel welcomed and the incident described is not indicative of what we want any of our customers to feel in our stores."

Starbucks Corporate seems to be handling the situation pretty well, but the barista never should have made such a request in the first place. The customer who made the request should have been the one asked to leave. One costumer compared to a group guaranteed to come in and buy coffee and donuts all the time? Sounds like a no-brainer.

Lots of videos of cops shooting people or beating them, or planting evidence on them with no justification whatsoever. It's reasonable for people are scared of the cops.
Using that logic, black people should be shunned too, given their rampant crime problems. Are you sure you want to use this standard?

As a general rule, most black folk aren't being paid to uphold the law and serve the public. Cops are.
Why would that matter?

Lots of videos of cops shooting people or beating them, or planting evidence on them with no justification whatsoever. It's reasonable for people are scared of the cops.

You might be scared of the police ... but I guarantee you'll call them with tears in your eyes when you find that intruder in your home at 3am.

And we'll come ... regardless of how you feel about us. Because that's the job we signed up for.

You're welcome.

The only time I would ever call the Sheriff is to come clean up the mess.

I can tell you one thing they’d whip your ass if it came down to it. And you’re at work on the street they wouldn’t take up for you if you where getting your beta ass kicked by other blacks. Or maybe the are nice black gentleman remember it’s not all not all but most.

Again, the only people who've really done me wrong in my life are other white males...

So I kind of don't want to hear this shit about the evil blacks because you're a racist POS.

A self loathing caucasian it’s obvious you’ve never had a gun stuck to your head like many of us white people have in New Orleans you pussy.

Yeah and obviously you love seeing all the black people kill each other in Chicago

A self loathing caucasian it’s obvious you’ve never had a gun stuck to your head like many of us white people have in New Orleans you pussy.

I have. Although not in New Orleans.
Two guys who turned out to be cops. They never identified themselves. I had to figure it out. Jumped out of their car and pulled guns on me for literally no reason except that I was the only one around.

So a café patron not wanting that element nearby is eminently understandable. When an armed self-styled militia that holds itself above the law is nearby, ANYTHING can happen. And as long as they keep pulling that shit, it will be remembered.

Two guys who turned out to be cops. They never identified themselves. I had to figure it out. Jumped out of their car and pulled guns on me for literally no reason except that I was the only one around.

So a café patron not wanting that element nearby is eminently understandable. When an armed self-styled militia that holds itself above the law is nearby, ANYTHING can happen. And as long as they keep pulling that shit, it will be remembered.

Two guys jumped out of their car and pulled guns on you because you were the only one around? Pogo...you gotta stop smoking that shit, man...it's making you paranoid!

The Police are "self styled militia"? They're the police. They try and enforce the laws that some other idiot puts on the books. Make them go away and the "really bad people" are going to come and hurt you and the people you care about. Try and get a "barrista" to help you when that shit's going down!

Two guys jumped out of their car and pulled guns on you because you were the only one around? Pogo...you gotta stop smoking that shit, man...it's making you paranoid!

You’re a fucking idiot you’re boring me

So does the DAILY black crime that happens here every single day. They’ve kill each other every day and I’m sick of seeing my city hurt like this. Tourism, house values, white women raped etc

The Police are "self styled militia"? They're the police. They try and enforce the laws that some other idiot puts on the books. Make them go away and the "really bad people" are going to come and hurt you and the people you care about. Try and get a "barrista" to help you when that shit's going down!

Onliest thing a barista ever did for me was give me a coffee. The police gave me guns in my face and handcuffs, plus a free ride.

The former gave me what they gave me because I ordered it. The latter gave me what they gave me because I existed.
Damn good thing I wasn't packing like the gun fetishists on this board continually fantasize about, or at least two of us would have been dead. For nothing.

Yes, self-styled militia. See this thread for too much more.

It is not murder, you are claiming an opinion, not stating facts. The fact is not every killing is murder. I know you twist a lot but this is a stretch even for you.

Um, you shoot at someone with the intent to kill them, that's murder. Now it might be "justifiable homicide", but I'm not terribly inclined to give cops the benefit of the doubt every time anymore. Not after all these cases where they claimed it was 'justified" and we see videotape of people being shot in the back or while they are on the ground.

So you let your city turn into a gun-infested shithole and that's my fault, somehow.

I'm guessing after some poor person stuck a gun in your face, you didn't go out and lobby for tougher gun laws.

Yeah and obviously you love seeing all the black people kill each other in Chicago

Reality check... most homicides are committed by people who know each other, and mostly because we let people have easy access to guns.

Other countries- no guns, few homicides. Funny how that works.

"but, but, but,... the Founding Slave Rapists said I could have a gun!"

Forum List

Back