Tell Me Why Profiling is WRONG and a BAD Law Enforcement Policy???

So, you'd rather cops just roust anyone they don't like 'cause they don't like the way they look? (Isn't this fun? We can both play the strawman game!)

If you'd like to address what I actually said, that would be cool.

The all or nothing straw man argument is not going to fly here. Stow it.
Use a little fucking common sense before issuing knee jerk replies.

I was mocking the all-or-nothing strawman argument. You really didn't get that?

No...Sorry.

Yes, profiling is a necessary and important tool for law enforcement to utilize to do their jobs; however, there is no hard evidence to say that it is effective, justified, or fair to base it on race. Israel trains its personnel to profile individuals based on outward behavioral indicators (nervousness,faulty stories, etc.), a technique the TSA has tried to adopt, in order to spot would-be criminals in public. With extensive training, this can be a very effective way to productively profile a person and determine if further investigation is required.

Racial profiling is anything but effective. Crime rates and drug levels (both using and selling) are roughly equal between all races; however, the dangerous stereotype of the "black criminal" continues with disastrous consequences. This bias has resulted in a hyperfocus of unjustified law enforcement activity around African Americans (such as pretext stops by cops, unnecessary stop and frisk laws, etc. ) and a massive racial disparity in incarceration levels (if you have any doubts, look to Michelle Alexander's The New Jim Crow). Racial profiling hasn't made us any safer, but it has had a tremendously negative effective on African American communities.
This is the kind of psycho babble nonsense libs use to further their agenda.

Crime rates and drug levels (both using and selling) are roughly equal between all races;
It is common knowledge that that is untrue. If you definition of "roughly" is roughly correct and if you have a reputable source, I would very much like to see it.
Not sure about common knowledge, but there have been a lot studies that do show there is some difference in drug use by race, but the differences in usages between blacks and whites are probably not as much as you might think.

Black youth are arrested for drug crimes at a rate ten times higher than that of whites. But new research shows that young African Americans are actually less likely to use drugs and less likely to develop substance use disorders, compared to whites, Native Americans, Hispanics and people of mixed race.

Study: Whites More Likely to Abuse Drugs Than Blacks | TIME.com

The The annual National Survey on Drug Use and Health report shows there's about 10% more black users than white.

Drug-use-by-race-ethnicity.jpg

Drug, Alcohol, Tobacco Use Broken Down by Race/Ethinicity*|*Wide Lantern

Last edited:
So you'd rather cops put on a blindfold, and ONLY act when the crime has already occurred?

So, you'd rather cops just roust anyone they don't like 'cause they don't like the way they look? (Isn't this fun? We can both play the strawman game!)

If you'd like to address what I actually said, that would be cool.

The all or nothing straw man argument is not going to fly here. Stow it.
Use a little fucking common sense before issuing knee jerk replies.
You know God damned well what Bucs 90 is referring to. And your ignorance of police work and subsequent reply to his post is offensive to the intelligence of most normal people.

THanks.

Seems sometimes, the smartest people in the country about police work seem to NEVER be people who have actually been cops. Kinda like people saying they know more about football than NFL coaches.....although they never played or coached a day in their lives haha:lol:

Many people don't want to hear this kind of tough love, of course. They'd like to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that all white children are as sweet and harmless as Taylor Swift. But the reality is that the statistics tell a different story. For instance, according to research from the Department of Justice, 84 percent of white murder victims are killed by other white people [PDF]. Similarly, white rape victims tend to be raped by other whites [PDF]. White-on-white violence is a menace to white communities across the country, and yet you never hear white leaders like Pastor Joel Osteen, Bill O'Reilly, or Hillary Clinton take a firm stance against the scourge.

More important than white politicians are the white parents. I'd like to ask the caregivers of the children in these videos what they've been doing. When did so many white parents fall asleep at the wheel? You can complain about poor schools all you'd like, but the fact of the matter is that it's the parents of these children who are letting them leave the house looking like slobs in their baggy board shorts and Hollister t-shirts. It's the parents of these kids who are letting them listen to violent, self-destructive trash like "Anarchy in the UK" or "Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue"—performed loudly by noted conservative rocker Johnny Ramone.

http://gawker.com/video-of-violent-rioting-surfers-shows-white-culture-o-954939719

The Conservative Hypocrisy:

1. We love the Constitution more than anyone else.

2. We love Profiling more than anyone else.

obfuscation.
Tell your friends at the ACLU that
Law enforcement profiling isn't going anywhere.
I don't think there is any argument that police should not use legal profiling. I suspect most people don't know the difference.

We both know that is not the narrative, don't we?
The fact is the term "profiling" has been turned into a buzzword for liberals to use in their talking points.
The posts on this thread bear that out.
A number of posters have stated clearly "Zimmerman PROFILED" Martin.

Have you considered stand up comedy as an avocation?
Because with posts like this, the majority of logical people would not take you seriously.

Funny you should say something like that, considering a good many people who would consider themselves logical (your own opinion notwithstanding) take Jon Stewart and his current John Oliver much more seriously than our current so-called Liberal Media.

Figures the likes of you would dismiss this comparison, btw. Sorry if it hurts your delicate conservative sensibilities.

Not. :)

Many people don't want to hear this kind of tough love, of course. They'd like to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that all white children are as sweet and harmless as Taylor Swift. But the reality is that the statistics tell a different story. For instance, according to research from the Department of Justice, 84 percent of white murder victims are killed by other white people [PDF]. Similarly, white rape victims tend to be raped by other whites [PDF]. White-on-white violence is a menace to white communities across the country, and yet you never hear white leaders like Pastor Joel Osteen, Bill O'Reilly, or Hillary Clinton take a firm stance against the scourge.

More important than white politicians are the white parents. I'd like to ask the caregivers of the children in these videos what they've been doing. When did so many white parents fall asleep at the wheel? You can complain about poor schools all you'd like, but the fact of the matter is that it's the parents of these children who are letting them leave the house looking like slobs in their baggy board shorts and Hollister t-shirts. It's the parents of these kids who are letting them listen to violent, self-destructive trash like "Anarchy in the UK" or "Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue"—performed loudly by noted conservative rocker Johnny Ramone.

Video of Violent, Rioting Surfers Shows White Culture of Lawlessness
iSN'T GAWKER A GAY LEFT-WING SITE? BECAUSE OF A GROUP OF DRUNK AND ROWDY WHITE BOYS JUSTIFIES THE EXTREME VIOLENCE IN SO MUCH OF BLACK AMERICA WHO PROBABLY LISTEN TO RAP MUSIC ANYWAY?

NO EXCUSE, BUT A MATTER OF DEGREE.

Video of Violent, Rioting Surfers Shows White Culture of Lawlessness
iSN'T GAWKER A GAY LEFT-WING SITE? BECAUSE OF A GROUP OF DRUNK AND ROWDY WHITE BOYS JUSTIFIES THE EXTREME VIOLENCE IN SO MUCH OF BLACK AMERICA WHO PROBABLY LISTEN TO RAP MUSIC ANYWAY?

What's this about "WHO PROBABLY LISTEN TO RAP MUSIC ANYWAY"?

Because with posts like this, the majority of logical people would not take you seriously.

Funny you should say something like that, considering a good many people who would consider themselves logical (your own opinion notwithstanding) take Jon Stewart and his current John Oliver much more seriously than our current so-called Liberal Media.

Figures the likes of you would dismiss this comparison, btw. Sorry if it hurts your delicate conservative sensibilities.

Stewart, Oliver, Colbert are all more fair and balanced than any news pundit I know of. And, only real idiots actually watch fux or listen to lumbaughbecketc. They are paid to lie. Even the dumbest rw on this board, and there are plenty to choose from, even they know they're being lied to.

There has always been profiling and there will always be profiling.

Why deny human nature?

What's the point of pretending that we are without the weakness that makes us distrust those who are different from us? Its hardwired into us to trust and protect our own tribe. Why can't we face that fact and work to rise above it?

What's this about "WHO PROBABLY LISTEN TO RAP MUSIC ANYWAY"?

He's not called "meathead" fer nuthin.

Anyone wanna bet that "Meathead" would say he/she/it isn't "racist"?

And I should care about the opinions of those people why?
Look, if you want to end all types of law enforcement profiling, save some money, register as a candidate for US House or Senate, get elected and have at it.

And I should care about the opinions of those people why?
Look, if you want to end all types of law enforcement profiling, save some money, register as a candidate for US House or Senate, get elected and have at it.

Actually, I don't. I'm mainly interested in highlighting the hypocrisy of the arguments used in favor of it, which I believe the cartoon does pretty well.

Forum List

Back