Teen Dies After Officers Use Taser to Subdue Him

Can't the shock of a tazer be adjusted? I think every officer that is allowed to use a tazer should submit themselves first to the shock.

Teenagers do dumb stuff and need to learn there is consequences for their actions.

He wasn't a teenager, he was an adult. 18 and 19 are not teenagers they are adults.

The discussion about Taser deployment/use of firearm needs to be clarified a little. A firearm should only be drawn for use when there is an immediate threat to life or in circumstances when it would be prudent (eg entering a building at night if you're looking for a fugitive). Deploying a Taser in circumstances where there is an immediate threat to life is not a good idea.

As I understand it (never having used one, never having been trained in use and not likely to do either) the Taser is to be deployed where a " less than lethal" option can be used. The problem is that "less than lethal" can cover voice command, physical force hands on, physical force baton (eg ASP) and oc spray.

I'm not going to second guess anyone but I would have thought Taser is most useful when a police officer is alone and physical force (any of the above options) is not practical. Where there are several cops and one person to be managed then a take down is probably warranted. Granted it's ugly, it's hard work and cops and person can get hurt, but with a bit of common sense it can be managed.

I still suspect that Taser may be being used in place of physical force for various reasons. I'm not suggesting that's the case in this incident. But then I would be called a dinosaur by others I suppose. And there could be some truth in that. I have to say I'm not a fan of Tasers but I understand why operational cops want it. I think they're too much trouble to be worth the use.

Can't the shock of a tazer be adjusted? I think every officer that is allowed to use a tazer should submit themselves first to the shock.

Teenagers do dumb stuff and need to learn there is consequences for their actions.

He wasn't a teenager, he was an adult. 18 and 19 are not teenagers they are adults.

Teenagers as in eighTEEN and nineTEEN....geesh, get a clue, will ya?

get rid of the tasers.

when they introduced them, they SAID they were safe...they lied....Taser lied.

silly to say it is either a gunshot or a taser...that's simply untrue...there was life before tasers...

There was life before tasers..
It was called a nightstick. Police were trained to beat your joints till you complied with their orders. If that didn't work, they beat your head

With a tazer, it's one shot.

A cop will likely squeeze off several shots instead of just one. And point blank, that's not good.

I'd rather be tazed.

Teen Dies After Officers Use Taser to Subdue Him - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

The department says officers had been summoned to the facility to investigate a fight involving three people late Friday night.

Police say officers separated the trio but "one of the subjects became combative and a Taser was deployed to control him."

The man was having trouble breathing, and police called paramedics. He was pronounced dead at a hospital about an hour later.

Eventually there will be too much blood on the hands of Tasers for their continued use.

would you rather they beat him with their night stick or shot him? maybe he should have settle his ass down and not been combative with the police.

they do here, you can't use a taser if you have not been shot with a taser yourself .

Last edited:
Any time you tangle with a police officer you are taking your life in your hands.
Any force could become lethal with just a bit of bad luck.
My advice, avoid fighting cops.

Holy crap, I have to give CryGlenCry and Rightwinger pos rep.

The humanity.

I'm holding you responsible for this travesty Robert.

I may be forced to neg rep you to maintain equilibrium and seal the tear in the time/space continuum. :D

Last edited:

The term teenager is used to denote a CHILD. A person 18 and 19 is NOT a child. YOU get a clue. It is only used when certain types want to portray an adult as a child.

The term teenager is used to denote a CHILD. A person 18 and 19 is NOT a child. YOU get a clue. It is only used when certain types want to portray an adult as a child.

No, the term TEENager is used to refer to someone in their TEENS...10, 11, and 12 year olds are CHILDren but not TEENagers. Pretty self-explanatory, except for the terminally dumb. :eusa_whistle:

Let see we don't even know much of what he did. for all we know he could of tried to grab a gun from the officer try to treating them. Lets hold judgement intill later. also for the fact that tares have stop millions of people lives of being dead. This kid lost it for being a complete lack of a moron.

Holy crap, I have to give CryGlenCry and Rightwinger pos rep.

I may be forced to neg rep you to maintain equilibrium and seal the tear in the time/space continuum. :D

pos rep from Missourian?? woo hoo
1141.gif

Let's imagine for a moment that everybody that has ever been shot with a taser was shot with a .38 caliber police service pistol instead.
Feel better yet?

When people look down the nozzle of a .38 they expect to die if it goes off. If they're looking at the nodes of a Taser, they're just expecting a world of hurt. There's a difference, and that's the problem with your argument.

Let see we don't even know much of what he did. for all we know he could of tried to grab a gun from the officer try to treating them. Lets hold judgement intill later. also for the fact that tares have stop millions of people lives of being dead. This kid lost it for being a complete lack of a moron.

many people are idiots and morons, and they are not killed for it.

Nor should they be killed for it.

Let's see some statistics on how less suspects have been killed by cops because of the use of the taser vs a gun.... a little proof please.

TASER, lied to us about their tasers....and because of it, cops are using them, more freely than they should, to stop suspects that they could stop otherwise by cuffing them or restraining them under their normal standards that they had prior to tasers....cops have been given a false sense of security that tasers would not kill anyone...they felt better using them than their guns in certain circumstances when they knew the suspect did not deserve to die via a bullet....but now they are dying via the taser....that does not make them ANY LESS DEAD.

sINCE it has become evident that tasers DO KILL PEOPLE, the police need to rewrite their procedures on their use, so that they use them less frequently and under only certain conditions...

I do not want ANYONE DEAD because of their use, whether the person was an idiot or not...NOT IN MY NAME is my government going to kill INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Forum List

Back