Teaper Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um.

Didn't you just say that California and New York lost their "voice in the process?"

No, I sure didn't.

If so then how did ALL 50 states have a voice?

By keeping elections within the state, each state decides the preference of their own voters. New York voters have no impact on the election in Florida. That is the brilliance of the EC.

Also, I'm not sure how you reconcile the difference between a state's "voice" being weighted by population, and it being weighted by the number of representatives (a function of population) + senators = electoral votes.

The voice should be weighted. However, the weighting does not silence the smaller states, Your complaint here demonstrates that. Even though more democrats in California and New York wanted Gore in 2000, Florida was the swing state, because their election was independent. The greater population of the other states did not drown out the votes of Florida.

At any rate, I'm not debating the electoral college's merits, I'm merely using it as an example of a buffer placed between "the people" and their representative government. This buffer has grown, while other definitions of "the people" have changed.

Because of such obsolescence grass roots movements become more popular, and established partisans that have fed from the status quo become more defensive.

Except that it isn't a buffer, but instead the safeguard to the voice of the people.

What people?

Not Californians or New Yorkers. 500 or so Floridan's upset the popular vote of the entire nation and you call that a, "safeguard to the voice of the people?"

Nonsense.

The electoral college was, is, and will be an absurd anachronistic nod to the semi-aristocracy that could never conceive of giving ignorant peasants complete control over the choice of Executive leadership. In the day, it was probably a wise decision. Continuing the practice only maintains the lack of trust between government and "the people."

Folks....this thread has just been cleaned of 25 violative posts before I got tired of cleaning....

This is NOT the Flame Zone.

"Zone 2": Political Forum / Israel and Palestine Forum / Race Relations/Racism Forum / Religion & Ethics Forum: Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

Since some people are truly wanting to discuss the topic, I'm reopening the thread.

Discuss the topic. For those of you who have something to prove outside the topic - take it to the Flame Zone.

This is the only warning you'll get.

Of course, the mods won't allow honest discussion anyway...thats why they moved the thread from the CDZ...whatever teaper mod it was knew Teapers are incapable of honest discussion. Pathetic.

Jeez Teaper, you don't now when to quit. Hasn't this thread shown you how wrong you've been about the tea party being racist? Two great things came out of this thread. The first thing is the myth of the tea party being racist has thoroughly been discussed and debunked, and secondly, you earned your wonderful new nickname... Teaper. :lol:

Tk needs a blow job. I think his landlord let him borrow $5. You should go take care of him...he is a virgin and could really use a release.

:banana2:

:trolls:

:banned03:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back