Teaparty showing its ability to derail the Republican Party

doesn't matter if they do or not. independents are the key, and i don't see too many of them lining up to vote for this o'donnell nutbar.
Conventional wisdom is soooo worthless.

The people who aren't normally politically active (i.e. Tea Party types) are a much bigger pond from which to fish than the squishy, knock-'em-over-with-a-feather "independents".

Besides that, you'd have to do a pretty extensive search to find a nutbar much nuttier than the man O'Donnell may possibly replace.

ah, a variation on the bush gambit. i'm sorry, but whether or not joe biden is a nutbar several magnitudes greater than o'donnell really isn't germane to whether or not o'donnell is electable.

she ain't. EOF

doesn't matter if they do or not. independents are the key, and i don't see too many of them lining up to vote for this o'donnell nutbar.

The people who aren't normally politically active (i.e. Tea Party types) are a much bigger pond from which to fish than the squishy, knock-'em-over-with-a-feather "independents".

Besides that, you'd have to do a pretty extensive search to find a nutbar much nuttier than the man O'Donnell may possibly replace.

ah, a variation on the bush gambit. i'm sorry, but whether or not joe biden is a nutbar several magnitudes greater than o'donnell really isn't germane to whether or not o'donnell is electable.

she ain't. EOF
Then maybe the inside-the-beltway RNC goobers should get their heads out of their collective asses and quit trotting out Collins/Snowe/Specter clones, as supposed "alternatives" to democratics.

We'll take the house in 2010, that'll do.

yeah, but that would have happened anyway given history.

silly...

typical wingnut thought process.. cause you know what, you could have had harry reid's seat. and the senate seat in delaware...

That tactic was tried before, firing Daschle and taking "symbolic" Senate seats like John Edwards', Bob Graham's, and Fritz Hollings. How'd that work out?

Bush wasn't a 'keynsisan.' he followed EXACTLY the rightwing trickle down economics that the rightwingnuts have pushed since reagan.

I disagree. He cut taxes without cutting taxes, he expanded government beyond anything since, he increased regulation, and at the end of his term his plan to save the economy was more spending.

That he wasn't enough of a Keynesian for you doesn't mean much. Bush was not a fiscal conservative at all.

I'm not sure you understand the principles of government being used a force to stabilize the economy that Keynes advocated.

i love how now you want to dissociate yourselves from him because he blowed it all up real good. lol..

I disassociated myself from Bush's economic policies in 2003, but noted that more of a bad thing wasn't what we needed.

Is your normal civility on hiatus or is this hyper-partisan tone the norm and it was on hiatus when you were civil to people who disagreed with you?

Looks like incumbents or at least past office holders are getting in trouble. That was definitely one thing I wanted to see. I don't think too many Republicans are going to jump ship over a Tea Party Republican candidate at this point.

It's fucking Delaware - dumb enough to vote for Plugs Biden time after time...

Anything can happen...

One thing that isn't being talked about is voter interest... Will the turnout in November be light due to voters just not giving a shit enough...?? If that happens, this woman, who will likely get a strong Tea Party turnout, just might pull it off....

That's politics....lol

she ain't. EOF
Then maybe the inside-the-beltway RNC goobers should get their heads out of their collective asses and quit trotting out Collins/Snowe/Specter clones, as supposed "alternatives" to democratics.

you do understand that the rnc is in business to win elections, yes?

Looks like incumbents or at least past office holders are getting in trouble. That was definitely one thing I wanted to see. I don't think too many Republicans are going to jump ship over a Tea Party Republican candidate at this point.

Anything can happen...

One thing that isn't being talked about is voter interest... Will the turnout in November be light due to voters just not giving a shit enough...?? If that happens, this woman, who will likely get a strong Tea Party turnout, just might pull it off....

That's politics....lol

she got 30-40K votes. i'm assuming that all the tea party types voted for her in the primary. i'll even allow for that number to double to 80K

there's 600K voters in DE

do the math

she ain't. EOF

Yeah...And that's exactly what's causing a lot of the backlash against RNC establishment candidates.

Seems there's a fair share of the electorate who don't like the insider cliques determining for them who is "viable" and who isn't.

BTW, you have an over/under number for how many of the 600,000 eligible Delaware voters are actually going to show up on election day?

she ain't. EOF

How's that working out?

Anything can happen...

That's politics....lol

she got 30-40K votes. i'm assuming that all the tea party types voted for her in the primary. i'll even allow for that number to double to 80K

do the math

So then the same "math" says that Castle would have lost too.

Perhaps there are a few variables missing here?

I love all these Tea Party wins. Frankly I could care less if they can win or not. I am loving the message that is being sent to Both Parties by this. This is true Grass roots Democracy. Pissed of people with a cause.

Yeah...And that's exactly what's causing a lot of the backlash against RNC establishment candidates.

Seems there's a fair share of the electorate who don't like the insider cliques determining for them who is "viable" and who isn't.

BTW, you have an over/under number for how many of the 600,000 eligible Delaware voters are actually going to show up on election day?

600k was the rough total vote cast from '08 so i'd say the over/under is 250k

Anything can happen...

That's politics....lol

do the math

will all the 600k voters show up?...

I think not...

What percentage usually does? What percentage will be motivated to support the D? What percentage will be motivated to support this woman?

Those are the numbers you should be thinking about....

Another number to factor into the "math" is the number of Castle voters who will go ahead and come out for O'Donnell v. those who won't...

A lot of unknown factors that will make this very interesting....

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Another number to factor into the "math" is the number of Castle voters who will go ahead and come out for O'Donnell v. those who won't...

A lot of unknown factors that will make this very interesting....

Seems to me that somebody moved Del's cheese. He wants to go back to winning seats at any cost, even if that means we elect liberals with an R after their name, then losing the big elections because of being held hostage by those same liberals. Crazy is what crazy does.....

Like the mice in the story "who moved my cheese" he'll either go to where the cheese is , or continue to root for RINO's because that is what "he's always done". :lol:

you do if you want a republican majority

they don't get it. they're idealogues. they think republicans are supposed to be rightwingnut extremists. and they think republicans in massachusetts are supposed to be as rightwingnuttilicious as republicans in utah.

i think they are going to find in a lot of races, they are going to grab defeat from the jaws of victory. like they did in NY-23.

they sure showed us. :cuckoo:
lol!!!!

I agree with you. It's going to take a smart woman to get this mess straightened out. Trouble is, Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin aren't that smart. They need to look elsewhere...:lol:

Hillary is... you just disagree with her. But they keep picking women who look good in a skirt like michelle bachman and sarah palin and this new imbecile in delaware.

if you consider that the repubilcan party is largely older white men, that actually makes sense though.

Forum List

Back