Teaparty showing its ability to derail the Republican Party

Looks like incumbents or at least past office holders are getting in trouble. That was definitely one thing I wanted to see. I don't think too many Republicans are going to jump ship over a Tea Party Republican candidate at this point.

I respectfully disagree. Republicans win when they run and act like FISCAL CONSERVATIVES. We already have a party for tax and spend, big gov't, nanny state liberals, and bed wetters...it starts with a D.

I'd rather lose in Delaware and send the message that needs to be sent to the RNC "no more RINO'S!!!!!"
NO MORE RINO'S
NO MORE RINO'S
NO MORE RINO'S
NO MORE RINO'S

Get it????

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

BRAVO

But they'll never get it.

what? that braindead wingnuts don't care if they lose to make a point?

yeah, we get it.

let me know how that works our for y'all.

Why would Tea Party members care if they vote for a Republican that then goes to Washington D.C. and then votes like a DEMOCRAT? What's the difference?--That is exactly what Castle the Rino Republican represented to his constituents--who was also fully supported and defended by the RNC. And if the RNC continues to put up with these Rino Republicans who vote very liberal and against the wishes of their constiuency--HEY--then they too deserve to lose elections.

Last edited:
Looks like incumbents or at least past office holders are getting in trouble. That was definitely one thing I wanted to see. I don't think too many Republicans are going to jump ship over a Tea Party Republican candidate at this point.

doesn't matter if they do or not. independents are the key, and i don't see too many of them lining up to vote for this o'donnell nutbar.

you do if you want a republican majority

they don't get it. they're idealogues. they think republicans are supposed to be rightwingnut extremists. and they think republicans in massachusetts are supposed to be as rightwingnuttilicious as republicans in utah.

i think they are going to find in a lot of races, they are going to grab defeat from the jaws of victory. like they did in NY-23.

they sure showed us. :cuckoo:

Disparaging terms really don't make your case that much.

What I think you are trying to say is that people on the right fiscally are wrong for demanding that the right side of the aisle actually be fiscally conservative. There is some validity to that, but I don't think it has worked. Bush was far from a fiscal conservative and McCain was even further left fiscally. The result was a fast and furious shift to the left fiscally eventhough it was sold as "center left."

I'm not an ideologue, I'm a realist and I prefer a clear choice. There's nothing fiscally conservative about Medicare Part D and selling it as such is just disingenuous. "Tax Cuts for Business" in the Stimulus that don't make it into the actual tax code are not "compromises to the right."

It's not about party, it's about perspective and frankly I'd rather lose to a true liberal than win with a fake conservative.

so the best way to do that is to nominate unelectable fuckwits like o'donnell?

good luck widdat

:rofl:

I remember when John Kerry (did you know he served in Vietnam?) was "electable" and the junior Senator from Illinois running against the "Smartest Woman on the Planet" was "unelectable."

Seems times change.

hey, whatever floats your boat. castle would have won; o'donnell has no chance.

Castle would have been exacerbating the problem at a slower rate and we all know how that worked out with Graham, McCain, and Specter.

i don't think that's necessarily a good thing. blindly lashing out at effective legislators by the fringes of the party is not ultimately productive.

and i just heard someone point out that essentially, no one is going to want to vote what they believe... they'll stick to a litmus test because they're going to be terrified of wingnuts voting them out in the primary.

so so so so stupid... on both sides of the aisle... if that happens.

truly the objective of the i hate government crowd.

doesn't matter if they do or not. independents are the key, and i don't see too many of them lining up to vote for this o'donnell nutbar.
Conventional wisdom is soooo worthless.

The people who aren't normally politically active (i.e. Tea Party types) are a much bigger pond from which to fish than the squishy, knock-'em-over-with-a-feather "independents".

Besides that, you'd have to do a pretty extensive search to find a nutbar much nuttier than the man O'Donnell may possibly replace.

How many of that 40% are really conservative. Many supported Bush all the way thru both terms. I think he still had a 30% rating within republicans when he went out the door.

The way I look at it, they have been there a long time and couldn't get the job done. Somebody else's turn now. Want to stay? Get results.

sure i get it; you're a wingnut.
detached from reality.
a whackaloon.
good luck with it. :thup:

personally, i'd rather have a non-wingnut candidate that could actually, y'know, win the fucking election than some fuckwit like o'donnell who even the idiots at rnc realize can't win.

but then, i'm rational

Rational? Have you learned nothing about the policy and politics of the Republican Party over the past 16 years? What is the purpose of winning back control of both houses of congress if it will lead to the same results as last time? In other words, we will have a slim majority that is held hostage by RINO Senators, in which we will receive the blame for wrongheaded policies that result from initiatives that are anything but Republican! Then we will get crushed in the next election and keep repeating the vicious cycle that was 1995-2006. We need to run and govern as conservatives or not run at all. NO MORE RINO'S!!!!!!!

first of all, it's RINOs not RINO's.

hey, if you're willing to let the dems have the senate because the socalled RINO doesn't pass some mysterious litmus test to prove to YOUR satisfaction that he/she is republican enough for you, you'll get what you deserve and it won't be pretty.

So called?? According to the Club for Growth, Castle has had the most liberal voting record of any member of the 175+ Republican caucus. So in 2008, when Arlen Specter scored a 44%, Mike Castle scored a 26%! He's a fucking Democrat!!!

There is no question that there are flaws in the O’Donnell campaign and in the candidate herself. However, you've got to understand that we don’t select the candidates; we only make choices between the existing ones. Unfortunately, we are not always going to find a "Joe Miller" to challenge the RINO. Elections are about choosing the best candidate who appears on the ballot.

PS: RINOs or RINO's, either way spells DEFEAT. NO MORE FUCKING RINO's or RINOs!!!!!!!!

Except when you don't win those RINO seats in swing districts and states, you don't get the party into the majority and that makes a BIG difference.

While true, that didn't exactly work out too well with the last group of RINOS in charge. Sure it ushered in you folks, who have fucked it up even more.

Time to move past this being a game and actually get some real "change" in Washington. That won't happen with the liberals on both sides of the aisle.

Your side will find out soon enough.

That's a crock of crap. We aren't going to vote for just anyone with an R behind their names anymore. And or because they have the B.S. support from the rooted good ol' boy network coming out of the RNC.

Castle a Republican rino voted FOR cap and tax--and this traitor deserved to lose his job.

We don't need traitors in the Republican party--and if that means losing this election to a democrat who we know is going to vote for Cap and Tax--it's better for us--because we are not blind-sided by it.

Even a LOSS here--will send a very loud message as it has done tonight--to the RNC in this country. WE'RE MAD AS HELL AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY LONGER.:clap2: Now the RNC can move to a more conservative side in this country--or they can lose elections. It's up to them.

Yup.

The worst thing Bush did was sell his brand of Keynesian economics as "conservative." When it didn't work well the liberals were there just waiting to double down and blame the "failed policies of the last decade."

Win or lose, it's time for conservatives to retake the right side of the aisle to balance the liberals that have clearly taken the left side of the aisle. Then the country can actually decide.

Bush wasn't a 'keynsisan.' he followed EXACTLY the rightwing trickle down economics that the rightwingnuts have pushed since reagan.

i love how now you want to dissociate yourselves from him because he blowed it all up real good. lol..

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

BRAVO

But they'll never get it.

yeah, we get it.

Why would Tea Party members care if they vote for a Republican that then goes to Washington D.C. and then votes like a DEMOCRAT? What's the difference?--That is exactly what Castle the Rino Republican represented to his constituents--who was also fully supported and defended by the RNC. And if the RNC continues to put up with these Rino Republicans who vote very liberal and against the wishes of their constiuency--HEY--then they too deserve to lose elections.
But isn't is at least marginally amusing to listen to people who wouldn't vote for an opposing party if their life depended upon it, tell them how to win elections? :lol::lol::lol:

Republicans are going to back the chosen candidate in almost all instances--along with independents who are running from this liberal congress and administration.

They may have a bad taste in their mouths tonight-or still be in a state of "shock and awe"--but they'll come around by election day. They certainly know that the alternative is much worse.

Last edited:
The person the rightwingnuts think was the appropriate person to represent them in delaware :cuckoo:

WILMINGTON, Del. — Christine O'Donnell's former campaign manager has recorded an Election Day robocall for the Delaware Republican Party meant to shred the tea-party-backed candidate's conservative credentials as voters head to the polls.

The last-minute move appears to be the grand finale of what's been a fusillade of orchestrated attacks on O'Donnell originating from GOP headquarters on behalf of her primary opponent, nine-term moderate Rep. Mike Castle.

The call features the voice of Kristin Murray, who ran O'Donnell's 2008 Senate campaign against then-Sen. Joe Biden, and who charges that her old boss "is no conservative."

"I got into politics because I believe in conservative values and wanted to make a difference. But I was shocked to learn that O’Donnell is no conservative," says Murray, according to a script obtained by POLITICO.

"This is her third Senate race in five years. As O’Donnell’s manager, I found out she was living on campaign donations — using them for rent and personal expenses, while leaving her workers unpaid and piling up thousands in debt," she says.

Perhaps the most biting line in the call delivered by Murray: "She wasn't concerned about conservative causes. O’Donnell just wanted to make a buck."

Read more: Ex-aide: Christine O'Donnell a 'complete fraud' - David Catanese - POLITICO.com

We'll take the house in 2010, that'll do.

yeah, but that would have happened anyway given history.

silly...

typical wingnut thought process.. cause you know what, you could have had harry reid's seat. and the senate seat in delaware...

I've made my case very clearly and cogently. I have no desire for another repeat of the last Republican Majority where a handful of RINO's held the party hostage. I'm Conservative. I want the Republican party to be Conservative, even if that means we lose a few seats.

PS : The average loss in mid term elections is 36 seats ...

Gallup: Average loss of seats for midterms is 36 ... - Midterm Election News and Comment

ANy other lies you'd care for me to dispel?

The person the rightwingnuts think was the appropriate person to represent them in delaware :cuckoo:

WILMINGTON, Del. — Christine O'Donnell's former campaign manager has recorded an Election Day robocall for the Delaware Republican Party meant to shred the tea-party-backed candidate's conservative credentials as voters head to the polls.

The last-minute move appears to be the grand finale of what's been a fusillade of orchestrated attacks on O'Donnell originating from GOP headquarters on behalf of her primary opponent, nine-term moderate Rep. Mike Castle.

The call features the voice of Kristin Murray, who ran O'Donnell's 2008 Senate campaign against then-Sen. Joe Biden, and who charges that her old boss "is no conservative."

"I got into politics because I believe in conservative values and wanted to make a difference. But I was shocked to learn that O’Donnell is no conservative," says Murray, according to a script obtained by POLITICO.

"This is her third Senate race in five years. As O’Donnell’s manager, I found out she was living on campaign donations — using them for rent and personal expenses, while leaving her workers unpaid and piling up thousands in debt," she says.

Perhaps the most biting line in the call delivered by Murray: "She wasn't concerned about conservative causes. O’Donnell just wanted to make a buck."

Read more: Ex-aide: Christine O'Donnell a 'complete fraud' - David Catanese - POLITICO.com

A losing campaign manager, who was not rehired for this campaign is bitter. Color me shocked.

yeah, we get it.

But isn't is at least marginally amusing to listen to people who wouldn't vote for an opposing party if their life depended upon it, tell them how to win elections? :lol::lol::lol:

Very true---I think you could put a D behind Stalins name and most liberals would vote for him anyway---:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back