Teachers' Union To Sue Private Schools Over Voucher Program...

"Most economists agree that a school voucher system would improve our educational system" is a flat falsehood, because you can't offer any credible evidence for such a silly statement.

Actually, I did provide such evidence in a topic on here a few days ago. Hang on, and I will provide the link.

So the teachers funnel money to the unions who in turn use that money to buy and sell politicians who will force certain curriculum that make the teachers feel good and financially destroy anyone offering an alternative choice?

Well okay, as long as THE KIDS are benefiting and performing well...

:eusa_whistle:

Pauli apparently supports the unconstitutional use of taxpayer funds.

Duly noted.

Do you have evidence school vouchers are unconstitutional?

That is what the teachers union is claiming. But I would like to see your evidence to support their claim.

I'm not part of the legal team, so no, I do not have access to their evidence. I'm assuming you are not part of either legal team either, so you and I both just have to wait and see how the court rules. That's my point. With a pending court case, why would a private school take funds that could potentially be deemed unconstitutional? If they are deemed that, the school could get sued or worse. It's just not a smart move.

And Pauli encourages it. So we're left with the impression that Pauli doesn't care about the ruling and is in favour of funds being used unconstitutionally.

Or he doesn't understand the issue. Which is a good chance too.

So the teachers funnel money to the unions who in turn use that money to buy and sell politicians who will force certain curriculum that make the teachers feel good and financially destroy anyone offering an alternative choice?

Well okay, as long as THE KIDS are benefiting and performing well...

No.

Here you go:

Question A: If public school students had the option of taking the government money (local, state, federal) currently being spent on their own education and turning that money into vouchers that they could use towards covering the costs of any private school or public school of their choice (e.g. charter schools), most would be better off.

2604wvc.gif

Here is who made up that panel:

To that end, our panel was chosen to include distinguished experts with a keen interest in public policy from the major areas of economics, to be geographically diverse, and to include Democrats, Republicans and Independents as well as older and younger scholars. The panel members are all senior faculty at the most elite research universities in the United States. The panel includes Nobel Laureates, John Bates Clark Medalists, fellows of the Econometric society, past Presidents of both the American Economics Association and American Finance Association, past Democratic and Republican members of the President's Council of Economics, and past and current editors of the leading journals in the profession. This selection process has the advantage of not only providing a set of panelists whose names will be familiar to other economists and the media, but also delivers a group with impeccable qualifications to speak on public policy matters.

Last edited:

Duly noted.

That is what the teachers union is claiming. But I would like to see your evidence to support their claim.

I'm not part of the legal team, so no, I do not have access to their evidence. I'm assuming you are not part of either legal team either, so you and I both just have to wait and see how the court rules. That's my point.

No it wasn't your point. You're backtracking. You said "Pauli apparently supports the unconstitutional use of taxpayer funds." You declared the program unconstitutional. That was your point. Now you're saying you don't know.

Duly noted.

I'm not part of the legal team, so no, I do not have access to their evidence. I'm assuming you are not part of either legal team either, so you and I both just have to wait and see how the court rules. That's my point. With a pending court case, why would a private school take funds that could potentially be deemed unconstitutional? If they are deemed that, the school could get sued or worse. It's just not a smart move.

And Pauli encourages it. So we're left with the impression that Pauli doesn't care about the ruling and is in favour of funds being used unconstitutionally.

Your argument is logically flawed. Paulitician simply does not believe school vouchers are unconstitutional.

Nor do I.

The teachers union is trying to stop their power base from being eroded and are using the "unconstitutional" claim to achieve it. Anyone who thinks they are full of shit is not saying they are okay with an unconstitutional use of school vouchers. They are saying the teachers union is full of shit.

If the legal system deems school vouchers are unconstitutional under the Louisiana constitution, then that document should be amended.

Last edited:
Here you go:

Question A: If public school students had the option of taking the government money (local, state, federal) currently being spent on their own education and turning that money into vouchers that they could use towards covering the costs of any private school or public school of their choice (e.g. charter schools), most would be better off.

Sorry but the Louisiana voucher program does not allow them to apply it to any private school of their choice
- they are only allowed to apply it to participating schools.

As you can imagine - the best private schools have opted to not accept the voucher. Duh.

Most economists agree that a school voucher system would improve our educational system.

I love how the right wing considers economists to be experts on everything from climate science to education.

One can find fault with a single economist. But when economists from the entire spectrum agree on something, that should get everyone's attention.

And when it comes to something like "climate science", an economist does not state that global warming is occuring because of humans. That is outside their authority. Economists speak on the efficacy of proposed policies to combat the perceived global warming. And that is well within their authority.

I'm not part of the legal team, so no, I do not have access to their evidence. I'm assuming you are not part of either legal team either, so you and I both just have to wait and see how the court rules. That's my point.

No it wasn't your point. You're backtracking. You said "Pauli apparently supports the unconstitutional use of taxpayer funds." You declared the program unconstitutional. That was your point. Now you're saying you don't know.

My opinion is the voucher program is unconstitutional because it uses taxpayer money to fund religious organizations that do not offer equal access under the law. Does that mean I have evidence or can predict the court ruling? No.

Here you go:

Sorry but the Louisiana voucher program does not allow them to apply it to any private school of their choice

As you can imagine - the best private schools have opted to not accept the voucher. Duh.

Can you provide evidence the "best private schools have opted to not accept the voucher"?

I think you may be speaking out of your ass since the voucher system is not yet in effect.

Your argument is logically flawed. Paulitician simply does not believe school vouchers are unconstitutional.

Nor do I.

And that's fine. But you acknowledge there is a pending Court case and the vouchers could be deemed unconstitutional. Given the uncertainty, the logical course is to NOT follow a course of action that could end up being illegal, could end up being the wrong course of action. It would be like executing someone during the trial and not after a guilty verdict. That's not how we operate in this country.

And Pauli, either doesn't care or doesn't understand.

Here you go:

what about the Catholic schools......or are they considered "unconstitutional" because they don't provide contraception/abortion pills...?

My opinion is the voucher program is unconstitutional because it uses taxpayer money to fund religious organizations that do not offer equal access under the law. Does that mean I have evidence or can predict the court ruling? No.

Thank you. I guess we'll wait and see.

LA DoE releases list of schools participating in voucher program - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Calvary Baptist Academy held several public meetings to consider taking part, but ultimately decided to hold off, citing concerns that there were still too many questions about the new program to make an educated decision in time for the deadline.

Once the program takes off, after the teachers union is shot down, then we will see how many decide to participate.

A pilot program always has a limited number of participants. Once these schools succeed and the questions and legalities are addressed, more will participate.

Statewide, 124 schools decided to participate creating a total of 7,400 possible scholarships/vouchers to be given. LDOE estimates 380,000 students are eligible for the program.

If more people apply to go to a school than there are spots, the students will be chosen by a lottery system.

LDOE says the average private school tuition they will pay through the program is $6,100. The average cost to send a child to public school for the state is $8,500, so they hope to save about $2,400 per child who participates.

AMERICAN TEACHERS AND UNION THUGS: Education starts at home. We need parents to play an active role in the education of their children. The problem is there are just too many parents who don't care.

But when the parents do take an active stance in an attempt to provide their kids the best education available, they're expected to STFU, get in the back seat and be happy with the failed system they're offered. And why wouldn't they since they're not supposed to give a shit anyway?

And these are "educators"???
Astounding...

One can find fault with a single economist. But when economists from the entire spectrum agree on something, that should get everyone's attention.

I had no idea economists could become experts in any field simply by grouping themselves together in sufficient number. If physicists from all over the place agreed on a certain issue regarding economic theory, would that make them right, or does the ability to become an expert in a field outside your expertise by banning together in sufficient numbers only apply to the all-knowing economists?

Forum List

Back