Christ-Mass is of no concern for Protestants, why do you even

Mass is a celebration of the last supper, Penelope.

And Christmas came after Christ-Mass and of course it was made a national holiday instead of the winter solstice, the birth of the infant baby boy called Jesus. At this period of time, Christianity was the only recognized and legal religion in the Roman Empire. (not protestant)
What does that have to do with you stating that the Mass is the death of Christ?

It isn't. Mass is a celebration of the last supper.

sheeeesh-----the issue is new to me-----WHAT DOES "mass" mean in Latin (or greek) ???
ANYONE? I seem to VAGUELY recall that the term "mass" comes up in other contexts
in catholic lingo ----like related to other holidays
I don't know Latin or Greek. I'm just some dumb ass.

Mass (liturgy) - Wikipedia

Yes and we were taught that the body and blood were spiritual, not the actual body and blood. I think new Catholics are taught its the body and blood. Maybe the nuns taught us that, because it would just seem so gross for us young children to really think we were eating a body.

What were you taught Ding?

I thought "Caths" :lol: were taught it is the actual body and blood.
It is but not in the literal sense...hard concept for kids to grasp.

And Christmas came after Christ-Mass and of course it was made a national holiday instead of the winter solstice, the birth of the infant baby boy called Jesus. At this period of time, Christianity was the only recognized and legal religion in the Roman Empire. (not protestant)
What does that have to do with you stating that the Mass is the death of Christ?

sheeeesh-----the issue is new to me-----WHAT DOES "mass" mean in Latin (or greek) ???
ANYONE? I seem to VAGUELY recall that the term "mass" comes up in other contexts

Yes and we were taught that the body and blood were spiritual, not the actual body and blood. I think new Catholics are taught its the body and blood. Maybe the nuns taught us that, because it would just seem so gross for us young children to really think we were eating a body.

It is symbolic only. Same as baptism, which the Catholics also got wrong. They only sprinkle water on you.

It is symbolic only. Same as baptism, which the Catholics also got wrong. They only sprinkle water on you.

Its the only part of the bible Protestants do not take literally.

One online blogger pointed to the red bacterium, Serratia marcescens, as a possible explanation.

According to Microbe Zoo, a website developed by the Center for Microbial Ecology at Michigan State University, the bacterium grows on bread and Communion wafers that have been stored in a damp place.

The site goes so far as to cite Serratia marcescens as the probable cause of the bloodlike substance that a priest discovered on Communion bread in 1263, referred to as “The Miracle of Bolsena.”

Archdiocese: Communion host turned blood-red due to fungus, not miracle – Twin Cities

They actually did believe this in olden days.

I was sprinkled as a baby. I know there are verses in there which support both types of baptism, but Id have to look them up...baptized by fire is most important.

I was sprinkled as a baby. I know there are verses in there which support both types of baptism, but Id have to look them up...baptized by fire is most important.
I believe it would be best to follow the example of Christ. He was not sprinkled. He went INTO the water to be baptized and was immersed into the water.

I believe it would be best to follow the example of Christ. He was not sprinkled. He went INTO the water to be baptized and was immersed into the water.

yes----that is how a MIKVEH is done-------FULLY IMMERSED in living water----- what else is new?
------

Catholics baptize at infancy , earlier the better.

They are symbolism, NOT the actual body and blood. Its hard to believe there are any catholics on earth. I seriously doubt it could get any more towards the darkness than they do.

Its nice as a tradition but a baby is just an innocent. What if the parents couldnt or wouldnt for some reason... not the baby's fault.

Not sprinkling...pouring onto. I agree with you. Baptists have such a bad name in the publics eye...but they get a lot right.

A youngster cannot possibly, make the choice in their heart, soul, mind and strength to make a decision to serve the true God all of their days. It takes maturity to make that choice to be baptized, Catholicisms choice is pure darkness.

\A youngster cannot possibly, make the choice in their heart, soul, mind and strength to make a decision to serve the true God all of their days. It takes maturity to make that choice to be baptized, Catholicisms choice is pure darkness.

The Catholic approach to life and the seven Sacraments has always been different from the Protestant view. Protestants came up with their own approach and perspective, and if that works for them, that should be all that matters. As for me, even as a very small child, I was delighted that I was baptized when I was a little baby. Orthodox Catholics go a step further and even baptized babies may receive communion and other sacraments. This is also good.

Forum List

Back