Teachers' Union To Sue Private Schools Over Voucher Program...

One can find fault with a single economist. But when economists from the entire spectrum agree on something, that should get everyone's attention.

I had no idea economists could become experts in any field simply by grouping themselves together in sufficient number. If physicists from all over the place agreed on a certain issue regarding economic theory, would that make them right, or does the ability to become an expert in a field outside your expertise by banning together in sufficient numbers only apply to the all-knowing economists?

So you decided to crop my entire statement in which I explained in small words that economists a careful not to commit the argument from authority fallacy, and then you go and accuse them of making the argument from authority fallacy!

You are amazing.

There are tons of economics articles on school vouchers. They study data just like any scientist. Perhaps you should read a few before believing an economist is outside their area of expertise when addressing them.

Last edited:
My opinion is the voucher program is unconstitutional because it uses taxpayer money to fund religious organizations that do not offer equal access under the law. Does that mean I have evidence or can predict the court ruling? No.
People who get vouchers to have their children go to Catholic High are welcome to become Catholics if they opt to do that.
People who get vouchers to have their children go to Baptist Bible School are welcome to become Baptists if they wish.
People who want their children to go to Lutheran Middle School are welcome to join the Lutheran church if they so desire.
People who want their children to go to Presbyterian Christian School are welcome to join the Presbyterian Church if they so desire.
People who want their children educated at Kosher High can do so with the permission of their Rabbi.
People who want their children to be indoctrinated in homosexuality, atheism, and humanism can still go to City Public School and never have to worry about their children being religiously persuaded again.

Works for me. :lmao:

Last edited:
My opinion is the voucher program is unconstitutional because it uses taxpayer money to fund religious organizations that do not offer equal access under the law. Does that mean I have evidence or can predict the court ruling? No.
People who get vouchers to have their children go to Catholic High are welcome to become Catholics if they opt to do that.
People who get vouchers to have their children go to Baptist Bible School are welcome to become Baptists if they wish.
People who want their children to go to Lutheran Middle School are welcome to join the Lutheran church if they so desire.
People who want their children to go to Presbyterian Christian School are welcome to join the Presbyterian Church if they so desire.
People who want their children educated at Kosher High can do so with the permission of their Rabbi.
People who want their children to be indoctrinated in homosexuality, atheism, and humanism can still go to City Public School and never have to worry about their children being religiously persuaded again.

Capiche? :lmao:

Does a Muslim faith-based school accept Jewish students?

I think that is the point DBS is making.

AMERICAN TEACHERS AND UNION THUGS: Education starts at home. We need parents to play an active role in the education of their children. The problem is there are just too many parents who don't care.
education starts at home but unfortunately nobody's home...

parents care but they don't have much time for it...especially the many single mothers....so they send their kids off to schools starting with government "toddler schools".....schools that liberals like Mayor Emmanuel of Chicago are promoting...they want to control the children from "cradle to college"...

the worst thing for liberals is parents who want to send their kids to religious-based schools....

Who cares? The parents are in charge of the decision-making! Ball's in a different court in religious schools.

Sorry but the Louisiana voucher program does not allow them to apply it to any private school of their choice
- they are only allowed to apply it to participating schools.

As you can imagine - the best private schools have opted to not accept the voucher. Duh.

Can you provide evidence the "best private schools have opted to not accept the voucher"?

I think you may be speaking out of your ass since the voucher system is not yet in effect.

The application system is most certainly in effect and the schools that are accepting vouchers have already declared so.

One can find fault with a single economist. But when economists from the entire spectrum agree on something, that should get everyone's attention.

I had no idea economists could become experts in any field simply by grouping themselves together in sufficient number. If physicists from all over the place agreed on a certain issue regarding economic theory, would that make them right, or does the ability to become an expert in a field outside your expertise by banning together in sufficient numbers only apply to the all-knowing economists?

So you decided to crop my entire statement in which I explained in small words that economists a careful not to commit the argument from authority fallacy, and then you go and accuse them of making the argument from authority fallacy!

You are amazing.

There are tons of economics articles on school vouchers. They study data just like any scientist. Perhaps you should read a few before believing an economist is outside their area of expertise when addressing them.

Well if the economists are saying vouchers will help line the pockets of private enterprise, I agree.

That problem, signal, is the fault of the parents: not the administrators or the teachers. If parents were involved daily in their children's education, far more than saying "is your homework done", we would not have that problem.

Finland has a highly organized teacher's union and their students are the best in the world. That is the result of the Finnish parents being intimately involved in the educational process.

People are moving to private schools because public schools have failed and more money is not the answer. The union can't exist in the private sector so that is why they are fight this. Union work for the lower 50% not the upper. the US ranks 25th in the world in education and that is a real shame.

I would send my kids to school in Finland, but my wife would miss them a lot.

Nearly 10,000 students applied for about 6,600 voucher slots, with about 5,600 authorized so far.
Voucher*demand*heaviest*in EBR | Home | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, LA

And the 3,400 that get left out get to continue to attend their failing school which will now have even less money to operate on.
Their parents are in charge of that, OohPooPahDoo. Just like religious parents are in charge of their children to prevent them from being indoctrinated into what is considered evil in their particular churches.

Public schools have become anti-religious religion schools.

Other than atheist parents have a right to remove their children from that nasty environment and place them wherever they think their childrens' morality will be better taken care of than a public atheist indoctrination site that can take a young girl, place her in an abortion clinic for a secret abortion and never let her parents know, then charge the state that has to raise taxes on everybody to fund abortions for underage girls.

To some of us that is a scandal that destroys a child.

"Most economists agree that a school voucher system would improve our educational system" is a flat falsehood, because you can't offer any credible evidence for such a silly statement.
It isn't about education, Jake, it's about socialization. No parent should turn their child over to people who turn them into pariah.

Nearly 10,000 students applied for about 6,600 voucher slots, with about 5,600 authorized so far.

And the 3,400 that get left out get to continue to attend their failing school which will now have even less money to operate on.
Their parents are in charge of that, OohPooPahDoo.

Their parents are in charge of making sure there are enough voucher spots to satisfy demand? Yeah that makes sense.

Their parents are in charge of making sure there are enough voucher spots to satisfy demand? Yeah that makes sense.
Parents have a right to raise their children according to their faith if they wish. I know parents in some churches who don't want them to become sexual experiments by school districts that have never bothered to earn the parent's trust since the 1960s.

Schools are done. They failed children, families, communities and states. The postman is just ringing twice on bad schools.

Good point, but may I add, are their any Jews or gentiles crazy enough to send their children to a Muslim faith-based school?

instead of crying about those left behind in failing schools......demand more vouchers....

Parents have a right to raise their children according to their faith if they wish.

I'm not sure what this discussion even has to do with the right of families to raise their children according to their faith.

I know parents in some churches who don't want them to become sexual experiments by school districts that have never bothered to earn the parent's trust since the 1960s.

Schools aren't doing sexual experiments on children in Louisiana. That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

The public school systems turn children into pariahs?

What an incredibly silly statement.

"Most economists agree that a school voucher system would improve our educational system" is a flat falsehood, because you can't offer any credible evidence for such a silly statement.
It isn't about education, Jake, it's about socialization. No parent should turn their child over to people who turn them into pariah.

Forum List

Back