Teachers' Union To Sue Private Schools Over Voucher Program...

I believe that an entire state...Louisianna or Texas, perhaps...should shift their educational program to adopt ALL the ideas presented by the Right wing....no unions, vouchers, getting rid of evolution education, prayer in school, etc. and try it out for at least one school generation....13 years (K-12)...and see how those kids compete as adults.

I'm sure the Right wing and those Red states would look forward to such a project.

That's what the teacher's unions have been trying so hard to prevent for the last 30 years because they know what the results will be.

BTW, not all right wingers want prayer in schools or teaching creationism. However, under a voucher program, those that want it can get it, and those that don't want it don't have to get it.

I think I know what the results will be...and it won't be pretty for those states. But we know that the Right much prefers watching and whining than actually taking the bull by the horns.

We already know that private schools blow away government schools whenever the two are compared, so, yes, we know what the results will be. The right has been trying to get vouchers pass for 3 decades, and the teachers unions have spent millions trying to prevent them from getting passed. They wouldn't be spending all that money if they knew vouchers would be a flop.

That's what the teacher's unions have been trying so hard to prevent for the last 30 years because they know what the results will be.

BTW, not all right wingers want prayer in schools or teaching creationism. However, under a voucher program, those that want it can get it, and those that don't want it don't have to get it.

I think I know what the results will be...and it won't be pretty for those states. But we know that the Right much prefers watching and whining than actually taking the bull by the horns.

We already know that private schools blow away government schools whenever the two are compared, so, yes, we know what the results will be. The right has been trying to get vouchers pass for 3 decades, and the teachers unions have spent millions trying to prevent them from getting passed. They wouldn't be spending all that money if they knew vouchers would be a flop.

Private schools choose their students, most public schools do not have that luxury. To compare the two is pure idiocy.

Paulitician opines without evidence, "Most Americans are sick of their jackbooted intimidation tactics."

Most American are not sick of any such thing. Show me the 2nd grade teachers in their jackboots, Pauli.

Grow up.

Teacher Blow......... weak ass bastards.

I started out earning them when I was 18....... fucking losers.

Those cock sucker can't shine my shoes....... piss on em.

People are moving to private schools because public schools have failed and more money is not the answer. The union can't exist in the private sector so that is why they are fight this. Union work for the lower 50% not the upper. the US ranks 25th in the world in education and that is a real shame.

Private schools choose their students, most public schools do not have that luxury. To compare the two is pure idiocy.

Wrong, parents choose the private schools their children attend. Your claim is just teacher's union propaganda.

This will go nowhere... LA is a right to work state.. unions are pretty unpopular here.

Paulitician opines without evidence, "Most Americans are sick of their jackbooted intimidation tactics."

Most American are not sick of any such thing. Show me the 2nd grade teachers in their jackboots, Pauli.

Grow up.

There were plenty on display protesting in front of the Wisconsin State Capital building.

That problem, signal, is the fault of the parents: not the administrators or the teachers. If parents were involved daily in their children's education, far more than saying "is your homework done", we would not have that problem.

Finland has a highly organized teacher's union and their students are the best in the world. That is the result of the Finnish parents being intimately involved in the educational process.

People are moving to private schools because public schools have failed and more money is not the answer. The union can't exist in the private sector so that is why they are fight this. Union work for the lower 50% not the upper. the US ranks 25th in the world in education and that is a real shame.

Louisiana public school teachers are not required to join the union, nor does the state have a contract with the union.

There's no need for union involvement in private schools. Private schools have the luxury of getting to engineer their own student body by picking and choosing who they like from among a pool of applicants. Public schools have whatever student body happens to live in their district. Having attended both public and private schools I can tell you first hand that makes a huge difference. In private schools, trouble-makers are simply expelled, mid-year if needed - or never admitted in the first place. In private schools, a student which fails can be expelled. In public schools, the school must still educate that student. The public school system must provide accommodation to students with severe mental and physical disabilities, even providing specialize care for the student while at school at taxpayer cost. Outside of ADA compliance, the private schools are free to push the cost of the disability while at school onto the parents.

World of difference.

Wrong, parents choose the private schools their children attend. Your claim is just teacher's union propaganda.

NEWSFLASH - private schools don't have to accept every applicant.

Lord you're dumb as shit.

bripat is a silly anarchist or some such nonsense. Give him the respect that deserves. :lol:

Pauli apparently supports the unconstitutional use of taxpayer funds.

Duly noted.

Do you have evidence school vouchers are unconstitutional?

That is what the teachers union is claiming. But I would like to see your evidence to support their claim.

Pauli apparently supports the unconstitutional use of taxpayer funds.

Duly noted.

Do you have evidence school vouchers are unconstitutional?

That is what the teachers union is claiming. But I would like to see your evidence to support their claim.

If they have no evidence the lawsuit is frivolous and the defendant may sue to recover damages.

The Supreme Court has already ruled it constitutional, shit-for-brains.

Care to share the case and Court ruling so we can all read it?

Thanks.

Supreme Court Upholds Arizona School Vouchers | Fox News

Supreme Court Upholds Arizona School Vouchers

The Supreme Court has ruled in favor of an Arizona school voucher program that critics say improperly directs taxpayer funds to religious schools.

Thanks, but you might want to take a second look there. The ruling was not that the vouchers were constitutional, but that the taxpayers suing did not have standing to sue.

the court ruled that taxpayers couldn't sue based on a general First Amendment complaint but rather need to show specific individual harm.

Most economists agree that a school voucher system would improve our educational system.

Since the left likes to point out successful experiments in Europe to support their arguments for Universal Health Care and the like, perhaps it would interest all of you to know that The Netherlands has had a school voucher system since 1917.

It is even in their Constitution, so there is no question of its constitutionality over there. :lol:

Within years of adoption, 80 percent of students were in independent schools. Independent and public schools are funded with taxpayer funds equally.

That is what would happen with a voucher system here. Those who oppose the voucher system say that only rich kids would be able to go to private schools on a voucher system.

Not so. Independent schools will match their tuition to the amount the government provides in the voucher. The Netherlands demonstrates this.

The Netherlands program was so successful that Sweden has since created a school voucher system. You can read about it here: Sweden

•The growth of private schools has not harmed municipal schools; in fact, they have improved their performance in response to competition for students.
•Independent schools have increased the level of socio-economic diversity, as students from poor neighbourhoods can now attend schools located in more affluent areas.
•The school voucher system has garnered wide public and political acceptance.

The Supreme Court has already ruled it constitutional, shit-for-brains.

Care to share the case and Court ruling so we can all read it?

Thanks.

Supreme Court Upholds Arizona School Vouchers | Fox News

Supreme Court Upholds Arizona School Vouchers

The Supreme Court has ruled in favor of an Arizona school voucher program that critics say improperly directs taxpayer funds to religious schools.

A ruling on a case in Arizona has nothing to do with the Louisiana Constitution dimwit.

"Most economists agree that a school voucher system would improve our educational system" is a flat falsehood, because you can't offer any credible evidence for such a silly statement.

Forum List

Back