Christ-Mass is of no concern for Protestants, why do you even

you got a problem with Serratia marcescens. in your hospital? What are they treating it with?

And Christmas came after Christ-Mass and of course it was made a national holiday instead of the winter solstice, the birth of the infant baby boy called Jesus. At this period of time, Christianity was the only recognized and legal religion in the Roman Empire. (not protestant)
What does that have to do with you stating that the Mass is the death of Christ?

It isn't. Mass is a celebration of the last supper.

sheeeesh-----the issue is new to me-----WHAT DOES "mass" mean in Latin (or greek) ???
ANYONE? I seem to VAGUELY recall that the term "mass" comes up in other contexts
in catholic lingo ----like related to other holidays
I don't know Latin or Greek. I'm just some dumb ass.

Mass (liturgy) - Wikipedia

Yes and we were taught that the body and blood were spiritual, not the actual body and blood. I think new Catholics are taught its the body and blood. Maybe the nuns taught us that, because it would just seem so gross for us young children to really think we were eating a body.

What were you taught Ding?
I've never heard it not taught that it is the body and blood of Christ.

I don't see how anyone anywhere could ever teach it any different.
It's allegorical, and not actually from part of Christ's body and blood. Geez, don't you know anything? :biggrin:

And Christmas came after Christ-Mass and of course it was made a national holiday instead of the winter solstice, the birth of the infant baby boy called Jesus. At this period of time, Christianity was the only recognized and legal religion in the Roman Empire. (not protestant)
What does that have to do with you stating that the Mass is the death of Christ?

sheeeesh-----the issue is new to me-----WHAT DOES "mass" mean in Latin (or greek) ???
ANYONE? I seem to VAGUELY recall that the term "mass" comes up in other contexts

Yes and we were taught that the body and blood were spiritual, not the actual body and blood. I think new Catholics are taught its the body and blood. Maybe the nuns taught us that, because it would just seem so gross for us young children to really think we were eating a body.

did Martin Luther buy into the blood and body thing?

It's allegorical, and not actually from part of Christ's body and blood. Geez, don't you know anything? :biggrin:

orthodox STRICT CATHOLIC dogma ----at least in the past was-----it is a kind of magical
transformation------scoff not

orthodox STRICT CATHOLIC dogma ----at least in the past was-----it is a kind of magical
transformation------scoff not

Some people lost their life's delivering the hosts to others as they protected the hosts with their life, so I have read.

Uh huh.

you got a problem with Serratia marcescens. in your hospital? What are they treating it with?

So you were taught it was the actual body and blood of Christ, spiritual or actual?

celebrate Christ-mass. Actually the Mass is the death of Christ, its all about the Eucharist, and we take the body of Christ (the holy Eucharist)and drink wine AKA his blood .

So Christmas and Christ mass are not the same thing, but in the 300's Dec 25th , the winter solstice, was to be celebrated as Jesus's birthday.

So as Jesus did say to the Samaritan woman, you worship what you do not know.

Wow. YOu just noticed a similarity in words and used that to make fun of Christians.

This place is a great place to see what liberals are.

I am probably more conservative that you ever dreamed of being, and its true, Christmas was not celebrated till the 3rd century and made a civil holiday till the fifth and the Prots , esp Evans can skip it because Christmas means Christ-mass , and since they do not participate in the Mass it has nothing to do with them.

You are an interesting Catholic Penelope =) This comes up every year on forums..how it originated, wrong dates being celebrated. This is why I blurted out the simple meaning the other day. lol
You do know your history but your whole focus is on legalism. You totally miss the inclusive, broader tenets of the Bible itself.

Do you generally dislike Evangelicals or just the ones with political agendas?

So what are the broader tenets of the Bible. Aren't all Evangelicals political?

No, not going by the deeper meaning of it.
Spreading the gospel which includes all the things people dont like in the Bible is one thing, demanding how others should live their life is something very different.
Some Christians ( some are just fakes also) get sidetracked and become judgmental pricks, only to have their own lives layed out in front of them.

celebrate Christ-mass. Actually the Mass is the death of Christ, its all about the Eucharist, and we take the body of Christ (the holy Eucharist)and drink wine AKA his blood .

So Christmas and Christ mass are not the same thing, but in the 300's Dec 25th , the winter solstice, was to be celebrated as Jesus's birthday.

So as Jesus did say to the Samaritan woman, you worship what you do not know.

Wow. YOu just noticed a similarity in words and used that to make fun of Christians.

I am probably more conservative that you ever dreamed of being, and its true, Christmas was not celebrated till the 3rd century and made a civil holiday till the fifth and the Prots , esp Evans can skip it because Christmas means Christ-mass , and since they do not participate in the Mass it has nothing to do with them.

You are an interesting Catholic Penelope =) This comes up every year on forums..how it originated, wrong dates being celebrated. This is why I blurted out the simple meaning the other day. lol
You do know your history but your whole focus is on legalism. You totally miss the inclusive, broader tenets of the Bible itself.

Spreading the gospel which includes all the things people dont like in the Bible is one thing, demanding how others should live their life is something very different.
Some Christians ( some are just fakes also) get sidetracked and become judgmental pricks, only to have their own lives layed out in front of them.

I agree, so why are Evans telling us how to live and blurring the line between church and state?

celebrate Christ-mass. Actually the Mass is the death of Christ, its all about the Eucharist, and we take the body of Christ (the holy Eucharist)and drink wine AKA his blood. So Christmas and Christ mass are not the same thing, but in the 300's Dec 25th , the winter solstice, was to be celebrated as Jesus's birthday. So as Jesus did say to the Samaritan woman, you worship what you do not know.

Mass is a celebration of the last supper, Penelope.

Outward cultural traditions overlap and always will. Its what you put your focus on that matters.
Thats why protestants left the Catholic church because of all these added rules and the belief "Catholic" is the one only true church. They added a lot of rules and added steps to Christianity...and while these might be beneficial to some its not required of the faith itself.
Christmas is the birth and foretelling of the Gods sacrifice for us. At least that is the way Ive come to understand it.

I agree, so why are Evans telling us how to live and blurring the line between church and state?

Some just use groups of people for political motive.
Many dont like the way the country is headed, but for differing reasons.

That's how I remember it when I read it, yes.

No, I can't spell that in Hebrew. I don't play the translation game. I try to peel back the layers of the onion to find deeper meanings.

The bible teaches God is a jealous God. It did not say it is a name. Their is only one God, one truth, one faith, one religion. Few have found the road because 99% of all religion does not belong to God.
"For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God (Exodus 34:14)

I need that line in Hebrew to interpret it

You are just twisting what is said. kind of like in Isaiah where it teaches---Jesus name will be called those things( wonderful counciler, mighty God, etc) Not Him--his NAME will be called those things.

Isaiah does not mention Jesus
Only in prophecy.

The bible teaches God is a jealous God. It did not say it is a name. Their is only one God, one truth, one faith, one religion. Few have found the road because 99% of all religion does not belong to God.
"For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God (Exodus 34:14)

You are just twisting what is said. kind of like in Isaiah where it teaches---Jesus name will be called those things( wonderful counciler, mighty God, etc) Not Him--his NAME will be called those things.

Only in prophecy.

nope-----not at all. The person about which Isaiah wrote-----decided not to come

Only in prophecy.

nope-----not at all. The person about which Isaiah wrote-----decided not to come
The person about which Isaiah wrote decided not to come?

giphy.gif

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

right-----not yet-----but LOTS AND LOTS of people have claimed otherwise. -----
besides that point----you got some of the details wrong

I'm still processing your belief that the person about which Isaiah wrote decided not to come.

I'm still processing your belief that the person about which Isaiah wrote decided not to come.

Isaiah never said WHEN He did say----" lo yisah goy el goy cherev V' lo yilmadu od milchamah "

Isaiah never said WHEN He did say----" lo yisah goy el goy cherev V' lo yilmadu od milchamah "
How long of a wait has it been?

How long of a wait has it been?

a mere DOT in the timeline of eternity

Forum List

Back