Christ-Mass is of no concern for Protestants, why do you even

Matthew 19 New International Version (NIV)
Divorce
19 When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there. 3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?” 4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

Moses screwed it up?
Not if you are Jewish. You guys don't recognize the NT. :wink:[/QUOTE

what do you guys know about what jews recognize. "THE DEVIL" told you? in latin or greek?
I recognize the NT a lot more than do you. I can read it with a greater level of understanding
than can you. YOU are clueless

Wow. It doesn't take much to set you off. My last post was me trying to be respectful by making what I thought was a harmless joke. Good grief.

there is nothing "funny" about the hijacking, perversion and ultimate denigration of jewish practices
You are so far off base, you must be Muslim.

Mass is a re-creation and a perversion of the blessing upon wine and bread that
goes on in jewish households INCESSANTLY. My very own hubby does it a lot
better than does the POOOOP in Rome-------more "jesus like" Martin Luther
knew that which is why, based on his Jew-O-Phobia------he tossed it in the trash
Why don't you try and be a little more disrespectful with your tone. I think you may be holding back.

I think I'm done here.

disrespectful of what? MARTIN LUTHER? For disrespect of Martin Luther check out
CROMWELL. Of course I am holding back------I was brought up to be NICE
Try harder. See ya later.

heed your OWN ADVICE !!!!
Interacting with you makes me want to start a go fund me page for Palestine. Way to go. :thup:

what-evah floats your boat

Moses screwed it up?

what do you guys know about what jews recognize. "THE DEVIL" told you? in latin or greek?
I recognize the NT a lot more than do you. I can read it with a greater level of understanding

Wow. It doesn't take much to set you off. My last post was me trying to be respectful by making what I thought was a harmless joke. Good grief.

there is nothing "funny" about the hijacking, perversion and ultimate denigration of jewish practices

what do you have against muslims?

palestine-flag-std.jpg

They remind me of you.

They remind me of you.

you should learn something about the filth of your own history

oy, I am beginning to wonder how some of them have lasted as long as they have.

celebrate Christ-mass. Actually the Mass is the death of Christ, its all about the Eucharist, and we take the body of Christ (the holy Eucharist)and drink wine AKA his blood. So Christmas and Christ mass are not the same thing, but in the 300's Dec 25th , the winter solstice, was to be celebrated as Jesus's birthday. So as Jesus did say to the Samaritan woman, you worship what you do not know.

Mass is a celebration of the last supper, Penelope.

And Christmas came after Christ-Mass and of course it was made a national holiday instead of the winter solstice, the birth of the infant baby boy called Jesus. At this period of time, Christianity was the only recognized and legal religion in the Roman Empire. (not protestant)

Last edited:
celebrate Christ-mass. Actually the Mass is the death of Christ, its all about the Eucharist, and we take the body of Christ (the holy Eucharist)and drink wine AKA his blood. So Christmas and Christ mass are not the same thing, but in the 300's Dec 25th , the winter solstice, was to be celebrated as Jesus's birthday. So as Jesus did say to the Samaritan woman, you worship what you do not know.

And Christmas came after Christ-Mass and of course it was made a national holiday instead of the winter solstice, the birth of the infant baby boy called Jesus. At this period of time, Christianity was the only recognized and legal religion in the Roman Empire. (not protestant)
What does that have to do with you stating that the Mass is the death of Christ?

It isn't. Mass is a celebration of the last supper.

What does that have to do with you stating that the Mass is the death of Christ?

sheeeesh-----the issue is new to me-----WHAT DOES "mass" mean in Latin (or greek) ???
ANYONE? I seem to VAGUELY recall that the term "mass" comes up in other contexts
in catholic lingo ----like related to other holidays

Mass is the Eucharist, which reads scripture of Jesus being put to death and we drink wine (blood) and take the Eucharist as his body. The mass is about the death of Christ and us receiving his body into ours.
The Catholic Church believes that the Mass is exactly the same sacrifice that Jesus Christ offered on the Cross at Calvary.:) Believe me, I have consumed Jesus to the point I never need to consume him again. I am full.:wink_2:

Last edited:

sheeeesh-----the issue is new to me-----WHAT DOES "mass" mean in Latin (or greek) ???
ANYONE? I seem to VAGUELY recall that the term "mass" comes up in other contexts
I don't know Latin or Greek. I'm just some dumb ass.

Mass (liturgy) - Wikipedia

...which reads scripture of Jesus being put to death...

... The mass is about the death of Christ ...

You keep saying that and it's false.

I googled-----Catholic scholars seem unsure as to what "MASS" actually means------they seem to relate it
to the English word "DISMISSAL" ---in terms of -----"going out" or "leaving"

...which reads scripture of Jesus being put to death...

... The mass is about the death of Christ ...

You keep saying that and it's false.

I googled-----Catholic scholars seem unsure as to what "MASS" actually means------they seem to relate it
to the English word "DISMISSAL" ---in terms of -----"going out" or "leaving"
Then you should sleep like a baby tonight.

Yes and we were taught that the body and blood were spiritual, not the actual body and blood. I think new Catholics are taught its the body and blood. Maybe the nuns taught us that, because it would just seem so gross for us young children to really think we were eating a body.

What were you taught Ding?

Last edited:
during the Inquisition, Catholics who claimed that the wine is not REALLY BLOOD and the
wafer is not REALLY THE BODY OF CHRIST------were executed. Transubstantiation
was a very absolute and concrete dogma of the Catholic church. (I got this information
from history-----not from sunday school)

during the Inquisition, Catholics who claimed that the wine is not REALLY BLOOD and the
wafer is not REALLY THE BODY OF CHRIST------were executed. Transubstantiation
was a very absolute and concrete dogma of the Catholic church. (I got this information
from history-----not from sunday school)

Yes it was and many believed it, thanks to Serratia marcescens.

Yes and we were taught that the body and blood were spiritual, not the actual body and blood. I think new Catholics are taught its the body and blood. Maybe the nuns taught us that, because it would just seem so gross for us young children to really think we were eating a body.

What were you taught Ding?
I've never heard it not taught that it is the body and blood of Christ.

I don't see how anyone anywhere could ever teach it any different.

Forum List

Back