Teacher on leave after 2nd-graders had sex in class

That was my gut to the headline too, but after reading the article, which would be easy to disprove completely as names were named and letters were mailed, I'm inclined to believe that something occurred. Either a small group of 3 or more kids is weaving a convincing lie, something inappropriate actually did happen, or the adults involved remain as primitive as those in 17th century Salem, MA.

I'd tend to agree with this. ^^

But which is it?

:dunno:

Hmmmmmmm... :eusa_think: Do I care.....?​

Good point. :lol:

We will never get to hear the teacher's side. That's a given. We've had few incidences at school where the teacher was unaware and a few where kids were caught in the act. But that's high school.

I'd be more concerned that my 2nd grader was engaging in this behavior than whether or not the teacher was present. But I have a feeling that's not the issue that will be addressed.

That is NOT normal behavior, despite what the apologists will say.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

It was one eight-year old who made the report to the principal. I'm not assuming the kid is intentionally lying or that his story is motivated by malice, just-- does an eight year old really know what oral sex is? Is it probable an eight year old could think that pulling down just the pants is nekkid? And that kissing is having sex?

IF the teacher was sitting at his desk texting while his classroom turned into Lord of the Flies, then yeah there's an issue and his head should roll. But I'm thinking there's another part to this story.

Normal is acceptable behavior to current society's standards. Thank you for that definition.

Three year olds may rip off their clothes in public. 8 year olds do not. Unless they live in the jungle. Then it might be acceptable behavior the their society's standards. Can't really say.

Yes, normal is a moving target with lots of loopholes.
What is considered normal now would have been absurd behaviour 20 years ago.
Take the hate and fearmongering in our media for instance.
Or the metal hanging all over our childrens faces.
or....

Ohh well I guess I am just too truely conservative ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like BS to me.

What do you mean, it sounds like BS? Are you saying this never happen?

I said exactly what I meant.

It sounds like BS to me.

The district conducted a number of interviews Thursday to verify the child's report. While some of the details remain vague -- such as when the two incidents occurred, and if they happened at the same time, Flint said. "We believe the substance of the story is true," he said.

If you've never tuaght you simply will have trouble believing how truly nuts it can be when the issue of SEX and children are on the table.

Do you really think that a second grade teacher is going to miss oral sex happening in the classroom?

I mean seriously, do you believe that is going to happen?

Apparently you do.

I think it's totally unbelievable.

Sure. She was sitting........errrr....... B siddin unda da desk hittin da pipe.
Either that or giving her 15 year old student teacher a blowjob in the bathroom.
It's uh murkin thang. Difficult to comprehend.

Normal is acceptable behavior to current society's standards. Thank you for that definition.

Three year olds may rip off their clothes in public. 8 year olds do not. Unless they live in the jungle. Then it might be acceptable behavior the their society's standards. Can't really say.

Yes, normal is a moving target with lots of loopholes.
What is considered normal now would have been absurd behaviour 20 years ago.
Take the hate and fearmongering in our media for instance.
Or the metal hanging all over our childrens faces.
or....

Ohh well I guess I am just too truely conservative ;)

Ha ha Aint that the truth? But as a high school special education teacher, I can tell you that very little shocks me these days. But this story does.

I hope its not true, but we'll probably never hear the whole story.

I'd say if it happened as the article claims it did and the teacher never noticed, he was already on leave. Big time mental leave, that is.

In all fairness, not being there, it is impossible to say.

That's why the "if". ;)

My own little monsters are about that age, I know they don't always get the details down. Even if they're not storytelling. And they're, er, highly susceptible to suggestion.

I doubt we'll ever know.

Forum List

Back