Teacher on leave after 2nd-graders had sex in class

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
OAKLAND -- A second-grade teacher has been placed on administrative leave amid an investigation into a report that two of his students engaged in oral sex during class and that, on a separate occasion, some children took off some of their clothing and were clowning around.

The incidents happened last week at Markham Elementary School, but they only came to the principal's attention Wednesday, after one of the students told a staff member what had happened, Oakland school district spokesman Troy Flint said.

The teacher was present at the time, but says he was unaware of any such incident, Flint said.

The district conducted a number of interviews Thursday to verify the child's report. While some of the
details remain vague -- such as when the two incidents occurred, and if they happened at the same time, Flint said. "We believe the substance of the story is true," he said.

Teacher on leave after reports that second-graders had sex in class - San Jose Mercury News

Wow. So much wrong with this, where does one begin?

Sounds like BS to me.

What do you mean, it sounds like BS? Are you saying this never happen?

I said exactly what I meant.

It sounds like BS to me.

The district conducted a number of interviews Thursday to verify the child's report. While some of the details remain vague -- such as when the two incidents occurred, and if they happened at the same time, Flint said. "We believe the substance of the story is true," he said.

If you've never tuaght you simply will have trouble believing how truly nuts it can be when the issue of SEX and children are on the table.

Do you really think that a second grade teacher is going to miss oral sex happening in the classroom?

I mean seriously, do you believe that is going to happen?

Apparently you do.

I think it's totally unbelievable.

I mean seriously, do you believe that is going to happen? Apparently you do. I think it's totally unbelievable.
I agree. Our children are perfect little angels. It must be the Teachers fault!

Oh wait:
Two students have oral sex in packed US classroom - The Times of India
School district officials in California's Oxnard city were investigating reports that two students - the girl from class seven and the boy from class eight - engaged in the sex act and other students watched and took video and photographs of the incident, KTLA.com has reported.
The alleged sex act took place at Haydock Intermediate School March 26, 2010.
Well I'm sure that's just an isolated incident. The clear majority of our kids are well behaved... wait, what's this?:
Middle Schoolers Engage in Oral Sex During Math Class
A substitute math teacher in Connecticut didn't put two and two together. Under her supervision in math class, two eighth grade students at Pulaski Middle School in New Britain engaged in an oral sex act. As classmates watched, one supposedly taped the act on a camera phone. The footage is now rumored to be on YouTube.
Any of you parents watch what your kids are doing? What they watch on TV? The music they listen to? Lot's and lot's of sex in prime time, not just on the cable channels either. Take a listen to the music that young people like nowadays, Hip-Hop. Educate yourselves.

Last edited:
I have doubts that this took place.
2nd graders having the desire to do something like this is would be extraordinarily rare, and certainly unnatural.
It is at the very least likely the story is either entirely made up, or is based on some degree of truth...say one student merely touched the genitals of another and this fabricated a whole other story.
Anyone with experience with children know that their imaginations are unpredictable and they have difficulty separating that imagination from reality.

We will never get to hear the teacher's side. That's a given. We've had few incidences at school where the teacher was unaware and a few where kids were caught in the act. But that's high school.

I'd be more concerned that my 2nd grader was engaging in this behavior than whether or not the teacher was present. But I have a feeling that's not the issue that will be addressed.

That is NOT normal behavior, despite what the apologists will say.

Normal is acceptable behavior to current society's standards. Thank you for that definition.

Three year olds may rip off their clothes in public. 8 year olds do not. Unless they live in the jungle. Then it might be acceptable behavior the their society's standards. Can't really say.

Sounds like BS to me.

That was my gut to the headline too, but after reading the article, which would be easy to disprove completely as names were named and letters were mailed, I'm inclined to believe that something occurred. Either a small group of 3 or more kids is weaving a convincing lie, something inappropriate actually did happen, or the adults involved remain as primitive as those in 17th century Salem, MA.

I'd say if it happened as the article claims it did and the teacher never noticed, he was already on leave. Big time mental leave, that is.

Sounds like BS to me.

That was my gut to the headline too, but after reading the article, which would be easy to disprove completely as names were named and letters were mailed, I'm inclined to believe that something occurred. Either a small group of 3 or more kids is weaving a convincing lie, something inappropriate actually did happen, or the adults involved remain as primitive as those in 17th century Salem, MA.

I'd tend to agree with this. ^^

But which is it?

Sounds like BS to me.

I'd tend to agree with this. ^^

But which is it?

:dunno:

Hmmmmmmm... :eusa_think: Do I care.....?​

Forum List

Back