Teacher Fired for Stepping on U.S. Flag

Shameful that a teacher would be fired for this.

That school could have used that as an educational tool. Instead, they acted like they're in Iran.

Completely disses all the people who died so we would have the right to step on or burn a piece of fabric that symbolizes our most precious freedom - the First Amendment.

That school could have used that as an educational tool. Instead, they acted like they're in Iran.

Completely disses all the people who died so we would have the right to step on or burn a piece of fabric that symbolizes our most precious freedom - the First Amendment.
The teacher sold that right, during school hours, for pay.

Not surprising you would defend the stupid teacher though.

Who would want a teacher so stupid as to not realize this was provocative, offensive behaviour in a classroom situation?

Who would want a teacher so stupid as to not realize this was provocative, offensive behaviour in a classroom situation?

Who would want to defend an employer firing somebody over a speech issue?
Fuck that.

Original AP story:
>> A student complained that the teacher was being disrespectful, and Parmenter said he then stepped on the flag as an example of free speech. <<
Ve vill not haff disreschpect für das Pfetisch Pflag! Sie sind entlassen!

Students_pledging_allegiance_to_the_American_flag_with_the_Bellamy_salute.jpg

Last edited:

Fuck that.

I'd defend punching the teacher in the nose.

Fuck that.

A teacher has surrendered certain rights for pay.

Just the way it is.

Fuck that.

Firing is the proper way to handle it.

Punching a teacher rarely solves anything.

"That school could have used that as an educational tool."

Yes, they could have invited some of those people on permanent disability from defending that flag to come and tell the students just how much THEY gave, and how little the teacher respects their sacrifice.

so you can burn the flag....but you cant step on it?.......
I doubt a teacher can burn one and not be fired.

I wonder if those that defend the teacher would defend a teacher that said something against the gay marriage ruling while in front of a class?

Wrong as usual.

Americans don't give up their First Amendment rights when they get to work every day.

And yes, I will always defend the First Amendment.

BUT, open your mind for just a moment and think about this:

We need to push the edge of the First Amendment envelope. Think of all the things that tick you off. Westboro, kkk, asshole white supremacists wanting a terrorist flag on a govt building. Or how about a shock jock or the publisher of Hustler, back when he pulled his stunts. Or, the lies from fox, the empty bluster from lusbo ............

The list is endless BECAUSE we have the First Amendment.

If we did not have the right to set fire to or step on a piece of fabric, we also would not have the right to sit here and yell at at each other.

I would not set fire to or walk on the flag. I despise the nazi-type assholes who want children, women, blacks, hispanics to shut up and home but I will always defend their right to be assholes and I always will.

Fuck that.

Just the way it is.

Uh -- don't think so. A school is supposed to be a place to learn to think ... not a place to learn not to -- which is the message the school board sent: "Be a good little prole and do not question the State".

Again -- Fuck that.

Tell me again what the purpose of the Second Amendment is.... 'cause you're got a glaring contradiction here. :popcorn:

Fuck that.

That might be considered speech.
But before that, it would be assault.

But it's instructive to see which one you find more useful.

Wrong as usual.

Americans don't give up their First Amendment rights when they get to work every day.

And yes, I will always defend the First Amendment.

BUT, open your mind for just a moment and think about this:

We need to push the edge of the First Amendment envelope. Think of all the things that tick you off. Westboro, kkk, asshole white supremacists wanting a terrorist flag on a govt building. Or how about a shock jock or the publisher of Hustler, back when he pulled his stunts. Or, the lies from fox, the empty bluster from lusbo ............

The list is endless BECAUSE we have the First Amendment.

If we did not have the right to set fire to or step on a piece of fabric, we also would not have the right to sit here and yell at at each other.

I would not set fire to or walk on the flag. I despise the nazi-type assholes who want children, women, blacks, hispanics to shut up and home but I will always defend their right to be assholes and I always will.

Wrong as usual, The Court has repeatedly ruled that teachers and students alike enjoy LIMITED free speech while on school grounds.

Do you think a teacher who yelled "fuck you" to a student would be fired? I would hope so.

The teacher should be teaching children how high STD rates are with homosexuals while stepping on the rainbow flag

Fuck that.

Just the way it is.

Uh -- don't think so. A school is supposed to be a place to learn to think ... not a place to learn not to -- which is the message the school board sent: "Be a good little prole and do not question the State".

Again -- Fuck that.

Tell me again what the purpose of the Second Amendment is.... 'cause you're got a glaring contradiction here. :popcorn:

Let me ask you this dipshit.

How can a school deny a teacher their 2nd amendment rights while on campus , but not their first amendment rights?

The answer, of course, is that they can do both. It's settled law.

Moron

Forum List

Back