Teacher Fired for Stepping on U.S. Flag

Shameful that a teacher would be fired for this.

That school could have used that as an educational tool. Instead, they acted like they're in Iran.

Completely disses all the people who died so we would have the right to step on or burn a piece of fabric that symbolizes our most precious freedom - the First Amendment.
The teacher sold that right, during school hours, for pay.

Not surprising you would defend the stupid teacher though.

Who would want a teacher so stupid as to not realize this was provocative, offensive behaviour in a classroom situation?

Wrong as usual.

Americans don't give up their First Amendment rights when they get to work every day.

And yes, I will always defend the First Amendment.

BUT, open your mind for just a moment and think about this:

We need to push the edge of the First Amendment envelope. Think of all the things that tick you off. Westboro, kkk, asshole white supremacists wanting a terrorist flag on a govt building. Or how about a shock jock or the publisher of Hustler, back when he pulled his stunts. Or, the lies from fox, the empty bluster from lusbo ............

The list is endless BECAUSE we have the First Amendment.

If we did not have the right to set fire to or step on a piece of fabric, we also would not have the right to sit here and yell at at each other.

I would not set fire to or walk on the flag. I despise the nazi-type assholes who want children, women, blacks, hispanics to shut up and home but I will always defend their right to be assholes and I always will.

Wrong as usual, The Court has repeatedly ruled that teachers and students alike enjoy LIMITED free speech while on school grounds.

Do you think a teacher who yelled "fuck you" to a student would be fired? I would hope so.

Only an idiot would suggest that a teacher hired to teach has full freedom of speech while in front of a class drawing pay.

That school could have used that as an educational tool. Instead, they acted like they're in Iran.

Completely disses all the people who died so we would have the right to step on or burn a piece of fabric that symbolizes our most precious freedom - the First Amendment.

Who would want a teacher so stupid as to not realize this was provocative, offensive behaviour in a classroom situation?

Wrong as usual.

Americans don't give up their First Amendment rights when they get to work every day.

We need to push the edge of the First Amendment envelope. Think of all the things that tick you off. Westboro, kkk, asshole white supremacists wanting a terrorist flag on a govt building. Or how about a shock jock or the publisher of Hustler, back when he pulled his stunts. Or, the lies from fox, the empty bluster from lusbo ............

If we did not have the right to set fire to or step on a piece of fabric, we also would not have the right to sit here and yell at at each other.

I would not set fire to or walk on the flag. I despise the nazi-type assholes who want children, women, blacks, hispanics to shut up and home but I will always defend their right to be assholes and I always will.

Wrong as usual, The Court has repeatedly ruled that teachers and students alike enjoy LIMITED free speech while on school grounds.

Do you think a teacher who yelled "fuck you" to a student would be fired? I would hope so.

Only an idiot would suggest that a teacher hired to teach has full freedom of speech while in front of a class drawing pay.

Why exactly would you NOT want a teacher to be open to express the lessons?

Because it might piss off Big Brother?

Wrong as usual.

Or any government job for that matter. Imagine the holy hell that would rain down if the moron Pogo walked into his DMV to renew his DL and the lady behind the counter started quoting scripture to him.

Pogo is a stupid, hypocritical , disgusting dumb fuck.

Wrong as usual.

What we might want or might not want is irrelevant you dumb fuck. The question is, can a local school board fire a teacher for doing so. The answer is yes.

Wrong as usual.

So, you'd be fine if she started giving tests on Scripture?

Who would want to defend an employer firing somebody over a speech issue?
Fuck that.

A teacher has surrendered certain rights for pay.

Just the way it is.

Uh -- don't think so. A school is supposed to be a place to learn to think ... not a place to learn not to -- which is the message the school board sent: "Be a good little prole and do not question the State".

Again -- Fuck that.

Tell me again what the purpose of the Second Amendment is.... 'cause you're got a glaring contradiction here. :popcorn:

Let me ask you this dipshit.

How can a school deny a teacher their 2nd amendment rights while on campus , but not their first amendment rights?

The answer, of course, is that they can do both. It's settled law.

Moron

I see the point sailed blithely over your head, and for that you blame ...... somebody else.

Here's the point, moron:
  • Second Amendment rights, we keep getting told, exist so that the common citizen can resist an oppressive government.
  • "Disrespecting" a flag is another way to resist an oppressive government.

First two Amendments right there.

Now then moron --- how can you be all in on one of them and all against the other, when they have the same purpose?

Dumb fuck.

Dumb ass big brother Pogo wants ALL local school boards to follow HIS agenda, that's what this boils down to.

He's perfectly willing to lie about what is constitutional and what is not in order to further that agenda.

Stupid thing to do. It sounds like student made a comment and the teacher lost his temper and made an ass out of himself. Probably has no business teaching to begin with

Fuck that.

Just the way it is.

Uh -- don't think so. A school is supposed to be a place to learn to think ... not a place to learn not to -- which is the message the school board sent: "Be a good little prole and do not question the State".

Again -- Fuck that.

Tell me again what the purpose of the Second Amendment is.... 'cause you're got a glaring contradiction here. :popcorn:

How can a school deny a teacher their 2nd amendment rights while on campus , but not their first amendment rights?

Moron

I see the point sailed blithely over your head, and for that you blame ...... somebody else.

Here's the point, moron:
  • Second Amendment rights, we keep getting told, exist so that the common citizen can resist an oppressive government.

Now then moron --- how can you be all in on one of them and all against the other, when they have the same purpose?

Dumb fuck.

Teach the Bible in school.

Freedom of Speech, AND Freedom of Religion, all in one class

Fuck that.

Just the way it is.

Again -- Fuck that.

Moron

Here's the point, moron:

Dumb fuck.

What the fuck are you talking about ? I'm all in on local schools being able to restrict the first AND second amendment rights of teachers and students.

I do however draw the line at forcing teachers to house soldiers, schools shouldn't be able to do that.

Seriously Pogo, you are STUPID. Don't be trying to change the argument here.

The ONLY question before us is "Can a local school restrict a teacher's first amendment rights?"

The answer is a resounding YES. This is settled law.

You dope.

Wrong as usual.

What we might want or might not want is irrelevant you dumb fuck. The question is, can a local school board fire a teacher for doing so. The answer is yes.

No Stupid, nobody posed that question. In fact I posed an entirely different question, on which you wimped out by changing it to a different question I never raised. That's because you're a dishonest hack.

Again the question was, are schools there for the purpose of churning out monolithic robots who don't dare question ---- or are they there for the purpose of teaching kids how to think?

Wimp.

Fuck that.

Just the way it is.

Again -- Fuck that.

Moron

Here's the point, moron:

Dumb fuck.

What the fuck are you talking about ? I'm all in on local schools being able to restrict the first AND second amendment rights of teachers and students.

I do however draw the line at forcing teachers to house soldiers, schools shouldn't be able to do that.

Seriously Pogo, you are STUPID. Don't be trying to change the argument here.

The ONLY question before us is "Can a local school restrict a teacher's first amendment rights?"

The answer is a resounding YES. This is settled law.

You dope.

Amazing. I've heard of "playing dumb" -- you actually want to "play even dumber".

Cretin.

so you can burn the flag....but you cant step on it?.......
I doubt a teacher can burn one and not be fired.

I wonder if those that defend the teacher would defend a teacher that said something against the gay marriage ruling while in front of a class?

Is anyone defending the teacher?

I'm defending her rights.

You know - those things you rabid RWs are always so ready to take from everyone who does not agree with you.

Wrong as usual.

No Stupid, nobody posed that question. In fact I posed an entirely different question, on which you wimped out by changing it to a different question I never raised. That's because you're a dishonest hack.

Again the question was, are schools there for the purpose of churning out monolithic robots who don't dare question ---- or are they there for the purpose of teaching kids how to think?

Wimp.

Schools are there for whatever purpose the local school board decides you fool. THIS local school board decided they aren't there so that teachers can stomp on US flags.

Which is within their rights to do

As I said earlier, you're just a big brother wannabe who wishes to force all schools to conform to YOUR agenda.

I wonder if those that defend the teacher would defend a teacher that said something against the gay marriage ruling while in front of a class?

You know - those things you rabid RWs are always so ready to take from everyone who does not agree with you.

You're defending a right that doesn't exist Luddly. Teachers do NOT enjoy full freedom of speech while on school property.

There is no right to defend.

I taught 25 years.

Did I have the right to voice my opinion on gays to my students?

Would you have defended me had I got in front of a class and said AIDS was bad karma for buttfuckers?

Wimp.

Schools are there for whatever purpose the local school board decides you fool. THIS local school board decided they aren't there so that teachers can stomp on US flags.

Which is within their rights to do

As I said earlier, you're just a big brother wannabe who wishes to force all schools to conform to YOUR agenda.

Once again, Mental Midget, I said nothing about "forcing" anybody to do anything. I questioned what the role of a school is.

Which must be god damned inconvenient seeing as how you keep pretending that's not the question at all and falling all over yourself to morph the question into strawman points I never made.

Learn to read. Dope.

Fuck that.

I'd defend punching the teacher in the nose.

That might be considered speech.
But before that, it would be assault.

But it's instructive to see which one you find more useful.

I also support making punching someone in the nose for burning a US flag a crime.
Punishable by a $10 fine.

Wrong as usual.

Wimp.

Repubs did say they want an end to teaching thinking. What we're seeing here is the result of that very lack of thinking.

My bet is that some of these RW yahoos believe the confederate battle flag should be flying over govt buildings and I'll bet have no clue why that's hypocritical.

Forum List

Back