Teacher Fired for Stepping on U.S. Flag

Here you dopes go, took two minutes to find a link

Garcetti v. Ceballos - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Government employees do not have free speech rights for speech made pursuant to doing their jobs. Ruled on by the Court .

Idiots.

Pogo, you can try to make the thread about anything you want, doesn't change the fact that this local school board was well within their rights to fire this teacher. Well, ex teacher.

You fucking moron.

Wrong as usual, The Court has repeatedly ruled that teachers and students alike enjoy LIMITED free speech while on school grounds.

Do you think a teacher who yelled "fuck you" to a student would be fired? I would hope so.

Only an idiot would suggest that a teacher hired to teach has full freedom of speech while in front of a class drawing pay.

Why exactly would you NOT want a teacher to be open to express the lessons?

Because it might piss off Big Brother?

What we might want or might not want is irrelevant you dumb fuck. The question is, can a local school board fire a teacher for doing so. The answer is yes.

No Stupid, nobody posed that question. In fact I posed an entirely different question, on which you wimped out by changing it to a different question I never raised. That's because you're a dishonest hack.

Again the question was, are schools there for the purpose of churning out monolithic robots who don't dare question ---- or are they there for the purpose of teaching kids how to think?

Wimp.

Repubs did say they want an end to teaching thinking. What we're seeing here is the result of that very lack of thinking.

My bet is that some of these RW yahoos believe the confederate battle flag should be flying over govt buildings and I'll bet have no clue why that's hypocritical.

Nope, that flag should not be flying over any public building. It's not even about what that flag does or doesn't represent , it's about the fact that we only fly flags of entities that we are under. We aren't under a Confederate battle flag, therefor it shouldn't be flying over us.

But that's completely off topic, nice try to deflect from the fact that your buddy made an ass out of himself here.

Here you dopes go, took two minutes to find a link

Garcetti v. Ceballos - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Government employees do not have free speech rights for speech made pursuant to doing their jobs. Ruled on by the Court .

Idiots.

Pogo, you can try to make the thread about anything you want, doesn't change the fact that this local school board was well within their rights to fire this teacher. Well, ex teacher.

You fucking moron.

And I never said they weren't you puddle of negative IQ numbers. That's not my issue. I clearly stated what my point is, which you keep trying to pretend is something else.

As I said, learn to read.
Oh wait -- I guess you have to learn to read before you can read "learn to read". Send for the US Government Printing Office Publication 123, "How to Read".

Only an idiot would suggest that a teacher hired to teach has full freedom of speech while in front of a class drawing pay.

Why exactly would you NOT want a teacher to be open to express the lessons?

Because it might piss off Big Brother?

What we might want or might not want is irrelevant you dumb fuck. The question is, can a local school board fire a teacher for doing so. The answer is yes.

No Stupid, nobody posed that question. In fact I posed an entirely different question, on which you wimped out by changing it to a different question I never raised. That's because you're a dishonest hack.

Again the question was, are schools there for the purpose of churning out monolithic robots who don't dare question ---- or are they there for the purpose of teaching kids how to think?

Wimp.

Repubs did say they want an end to teaching thinking. What we're seeing here is the result of that very lack of thinking.

My bet is that some of these RW yahoos believe the confederate battle flag should be flying over govt buildings and I'll bet have no clue why that's hypocritical.

Nope, that flag should not be flying over any public building. It's not even about what that flag does or doesn't represent , it's about the fact that we only fly flags of entities that we are under. We aren't under a Confederate battle flag, therefor it shouldn't be flying over us.

But that's completely off topic, nice try to deflect from the fact that your buddy made an ass out of himself here.
But the Mexican flag on Cinco de Mayo, well, that is in the 14th isn't it?

The teacher sold that right, during school hours, for pay.

Not surprising you would defend the stupid teacher though.

Who would want a teacher so stupid as to not realize this was provocative, offensive behaviour in a classroom situation?

Did you read the article? He was giving a lesson on free speech. Provocative, offensive behavior is exactly why the First Amendment exists. Popular speech doesn't need protection.

Shameful that a teacher would be fired for this.

That school could have used that as an educational tool. Instead, they acted like they're in Iran.

Completely disses all the people who died so we would have the right to step on or burn a piece of fabric that symbolizes our most precious freedom - the First Amendment.

Who would want a teacher so stupid as to not realize this was provocative, offensive behaviour in a classroom situation?

Who would want to defend an employer firing somebody over a speech issue?
Fuck that.

I'd defend punching the teacher in the nose.

That might be considered speech.
But before that, it would be assault.

But it's instructive to see which one you find more useful.

I also support making punching someone in the nose for burning a US flag a crime.
Punishable by a $10 fine.

It already is a crime, though I'm not sure what the range of legal penance is.
Why don't you go find a cop, punch him in the nose and get back to us on what the resolution was.

That school could have used that as an educational tool. Instead, they acted like they're in Iran.

Completely disses all the people who died so we would have the right to step on or burn a piece of fabric that symbolizes our most precious freedom - the First Amendment.

Normally I'd agree if the teacher was just trying to be a leftist asshole, but I understand his actions in the context of teaching about free speech. Free speech is often times provocative and offensive.

Did you read the article? He was giving a lesson on free speech. Provocative, offensive behavior is exactly why the First Amendment exists. Popular speech doesn't need protection.
That is not the point.

The point is the school board/teacher relationship, and what is proper in the classroom.

Teacher should move on, because no way will a court rule against the school board.

Normally I'd agree if the teacher was just trying to be a leftist asshole, but I understand his actions in the context of teaching about free speech. Free speech is often times provocative and offensive.

He should have burned a Koran.

Pretty good lesson I'd say.

Free speech doesn't mean no consequences.

That is not the point.

The point is the school board/teacher relationship, and what is proper in the classroom.

Teacher should move on, because no way will a court rule against the school board.

It is EXACTLY the point. A lesson on what 'free speech' means --- DUH?

In effect the school board just taught the lesson that free speech, while it can't be trampled by the government, can very much be trampled by entrenched hyperconservative PTB.

No, it ain't about "the school board/teacher relationship". That's not what schools exist for. They exist to train students to think. Theoretically.

In this case this one exists for the purpose of creating indoctrinated robots; a place that will not tolerate variance of views. And for that, only indoctrinated robot teachers will do.

Sieg hiel.

Last edited:

He should have burned a Koran.

We... know how that usually ends. :eusa_shifty:

That is not the point.

YES, it is! It's the only point.

Is Big Brother government firing someone over protected speech your idea of small government conservatism?

Would you have a problem with a teacher walking into the classroom with a Bible, as an example of Freedom of Religion?

Burn a flag in front of me and find out.

b6277dae24f6576d1dc78f44963a27f3.jpg

Would you have a problem with a teacher walking into the classroom with a Bible, as an example of Freedom of Religion?

Why would anyone care? :dunno:

Bullshit! Disrespecting the flag disrespects the country and all those who have fought and died for it. He certainly deserved to be fired and should be overjoyed that that is the worst that happened. Hopefully his teaching days are over.

Forum List

Back