Teabaggers exposed. No REAL opposition to overreaching government

Another polarized mind. Black or white, devoid of gray and devoid of gray matter. Why don't you take this up with DUD, you can have a Jethro convention, how does that sound sugar?

Polarized??? Rule of Law. Innocent or Guilty? What percentage of those incarcerated are guilty of the crime??? Not that that should matter to you. Logic has no place in a debate with you, nor should it, huh. It's all about feelings, right Sugar? Not just anybody's feelings, but your feelings, is that it? What is Gray to you, supposition or circumstance?

YES, polarized, pea brain...YOU...

There is basically one constant throughout history; human nature and human foible. When violent crime rates stay the same, or decrease, yet incarceration rates quadruple, we can deduce that human nature and human foible is not the cause. Then, intelligent and capable adults need to examine other factors.

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
Edmund Burke

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
Thomas Jefferson

It is more dangerous that even a guilty person should be punished without the forms of law than that he should escape.
Thomas Jefferson

Calm down Sally. Focus and then try to clearly state your position. Crime statistics are not constant. They rise and fall. What does directly effect crime, be it economical, political, Emotional, whatever are related to quality of Life, and current events, environment, Weather, monkey see, monkey do, what ever. Violent crime is a threat to society as a whole and should be dealt with strictly as opposed to liberally. You may argue for methods that produce true reform freely. We supposedly live in a Federal Republic which may be the very best environment to establish just Laws by the consent of the governed. I humbly suggest you reevaluate your position on the Enumerated Powers of the Federal Government and consider supporting that safeguard of Liberty. Try to think more Federalism rather than Nationalism. They are not compatible.

Arizona's draconian new immigration law is an abomination -- racist, arbitrary, oppressive, mean-spirited, unjust. About the only hopeful thing that can be said is that the legislation, which Republican Gov. Jan Brewer signed Friday, goes so outrageously far that it may well be unconstitutional.

The TP claims to be patriots. They scream bloody murder that having to buy health insurance (which all of them already do) is an attack on their freedom

Here we have a direct violation of the fourth amendment. US citizens being stopped and detained to check for proper documentation based on nothing other than their appearance. Where is the TP?

Yet another complete lie from the hysterical left.
"Actually, the bill prohibits racial profiling by saying that race can only be considered to the "extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution." And under no circumstances can the officer "solely" consider race, color or national origin. (He can "consider" race as a factor just like he can under federal and Arizona law now.) Sunday's version doesn't even address this point because the bill makes it so clear that racial profiling is NOT allowed that it wasn't even worth a mention--that's because there's no change in the law. Racial profiling was not allowed before the bill and it's not allowed after the bill".
Arizona's Own Espresso Pundit: Consider the Source

The tea party is a bunch of republicans and conservatives who cannot get over their loss in the last election. Nothing is consistent about them except a disregard for the process of democracy. They lost, now they cry foul - where were they when Bush did all the same things they fault Obama with? Can you say hypocrites.

"did all the same things"?

Really?

For example...

The tea party is a bunch of republicans and conservatives who cannot get over their loss in the last election. Nothing is consistent about them except a disregard for the process of democracy. They lost, now they cry foul - where were they when Bush did all the same things they fault Obama with? Can you say hypocrites.

"did all the same things"?

Really?

For example...

Good catch Momonkey! Another obvious point here is the make up of the Tea Party being strongly Independent. Obama has lost the swing vote and is still in denial.

Arizona's draconian new immigration law is an abomination -- racist, arbitrary, oppressive, mean-spirited, unjust. About the only hopeful thing that can be said is that the legislation, which Republican Gov. Jan Brewer signed Friday, goes so outrageously far that it may well be unconstitutional.

Brewer, who caved to xenophobic pressures that previous governors had the backbone to resist, should be ashamed of herself. The law requires police to question anyone they "reasonably suspect" of being an undocumented immigrant -- a mandate for racial profiling on a massive scale. Legal immigrants will be required to carry papers proving that they have a right to be in the United States. Those without documentation can be charged with the crime of trespassing and jailed for up to six months.

Activists for Latino and immigrant rights -- and supporters of sane governance -- held weekend rallies denouncing the new law and vowing to do everything they can to overturn it.

But where was the Tea Party crowd?

Isn't the whole premise of the Tea Party movement that overreaching government poses a grave threat to individual freedom? It seems to me that a law allowing individuals to be detained and interrogated on a whim -- and requiring legal residents to carry identification documents, as in a police state -- would send the Tea Partyers into apoplexy. Or is there some kind of exception if the people whose freedoms are being taken away happen to have brown skin and might speak Spanish?
washingtonpost.com

The only teabaggers are fags who are so insecure and scared they have to call the Tea Party "teabaggers", spend countless hours and post countless threads full of nothing but political hate and rhetoric.

Some of you sheep need to learn to think on your own.

Interesting, because the first people I saw using the word "Teabagger" were those of the Tea Party movement....it took about a week before it sunk in that they had picked an "unfortunate" term.

Brewer, who caved to xenophobic pressures that previous governors had the backbone to resist, should be ashamed of herself. The law requires police to question anyone they "reasonably suspect" of being an undocumented immigrant -- a mandate for racial profiling on a massive scale. Legal immigrants will be required to carry papers proving that they have a right to be in the United States. Those without documentation can be charged with the crime of trespassing and jailed for up to six months.

Activists for Latino and immigrant rights -- and supporters of sane governance -- held weekend rallies denouncing the new law and vowing to do everything they can to overturn it.

Isn't the whole premise of the Tea Party movement that overreaching government poses a grave threat to individual freedom? It seems to me that a law allowing individuals to be detained and interrogated on a whim -- and requiring legal residents to carry identification documents, as in a police state -- would send the Tea Partyers into apoplexy. Or is there some kind of exception if the people whose freedoms are being taken away happen to have brown skin and might speak Spanish?
washingtonpost.com

The only teabaggers are fags who are so insecure and scared they have to call the Tea Party "teabaggers", spend countless hours and post countless threads full of nothing but political hate and rhetoric.

Interesting, because the first people I saw using the word "Teabagger" were those of the Tea Party movement....it took about a week before it sunk in that they had picked an "unfortunate" term.

The first I saw were Anderson Cooper and Chris Mathews.

washingtonpost.com

Right.:rolleyes:

My statement stands.

One person put up a website in April 2009 using the term tea bag. Thousands of other tea party groups refute that term and call themselves Tea Partiers or Tea Party Patriots.

Yet the Lefty Moonbats continue to repeat the term like a Tourette's Victim with a Sexual Festish.

those "statements" stand, too. :lol:

teapartyprotest.jpg

teabagger.jpg

teabagger1_190b7.jpg

teahat-743643.jpg

tteabgger.jpg

Teabaggerwtf.jpg

29cp21c.gif

Right.:rolleyes:

My statement stands.

For you, I'm sure.

those "statements" stand, too. :lol:

teapartyprotest.jpg

teabagger.jpg

teabagger1_190b7.jpg

teahat-743643.jpg

tteabgger.jpg

Teabaggerwtf.jpg

29cp21c.gif

The phrase was already coined. A private joke to the media elite. Good try though. Still effective on the unaware. ;););)

that is the thing, the phrase was already coined and used widely by frat boys and gamers e.g.

the "media elite" apparently did not know it, that's why it has become a public joke.

You might want to confirm with Anderson Cooper what he knows about tea bagging before making that statement.

The phrase was already coined. A private joke to the media elite. Good try though. Still effective on the unaware. ;););)

that is the thing, the phrase was already coined and used widely by frat boys and gamers e.g.

the "media elite" apparently did not know it, that's why it has become a public joke.

You might want to confirm with Anderson Cooper what he knows about tea bagging before making that statement.

will do right away,

wait, you still haven't returned my time machine.

my post stays :lol:

timelines, they are a bitch.

Teabaggers exposed. No REAL opposition to overreaching government

I have not followed the Tea Party protests all that closely. Some of the ideas I have read seem pretty good to me. But from what I have seen on this site your title is not all that surprising to me.

I've said this elsewhere, so I will say it again, from what I can see regarding the tea party protesters is that the goal is to elect any and every Republican possible regardless of past performance. I know I will catch hell for typing that, but I don't see the Republicans as being all that much different when you are speaking about size of government.

Last weekend someone said to me that the tea party was only welcoming Republicans that had come over to "their side". Well, I've thought about that a bit and if you want to know my opinion about trusting a politician when he or she says they have come over to your side... well, about all I can say to that is I think they are fools if they actually believe the politicians.

Immie

I would hope the Tea Party could seat a core group of Independents too, at least where circumstance dictates.

will do right away,

I'm just saying that the first time I heard the term "Tea Baggers" was Anderson Cooper and then Chris Matthews, They were smirky when they said it. Inside joke.

I would hope the Tea Party could seat a core group of Independents too, at least where circumstance dictates.

I would hope so too, but trusting a politician these days is not something I am all that well known for.

Immie

will do right away,

I'm just saying that the first time I heard the term "Tea Baggers" was Anderson Cooper and then Chris Matthews, They were smirky when they said it. Inside joke.

"teabagging" has been around for years, if not decades.

i don't think it qualifies as an "elite media" inside joke, if you don't know it and need the media to tell you.

teabaggers deserve to be ridiculed. and not only for choosing to wear teabags on heads and hats and declaring to want to teabag the fools in DC. the sexual connotation just adds to the ridiculousness. and the wailing and whining about being called "teabaggers" is sugar on top.

teabagga please.

PS: in the building where i work, there is a shop that is called "moon me". some day i might walk in there and try to find out what she is selling..

will do right away,

"teabagging" has been around for years, if not decades.

i don't think it qualifies as an "elite media" inside joke, if you don't know it and need the media to tell you.

teabaggers deserve to be ridiculed. and not only for choosing to wear teabags on heads and hats and declaring to want to teabag the fools in DC. the sexual connotation just adds to the ridiculousness. and the wailing and whining about being called "teabaggers" is sugar on top.

teabagga please.

PS: in the building where i work, there is a shop that is called "moon me". some day i might walk in there and try to find out what she is selling..

Well, that said, nobody can accuse you of profiling and generalizing Professor. You are one straight shooter. :):lol::lol:

Maybe you would agree to refine your aim to those that refer to themselves in such a way. I for one do not. :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back