Tea Party Sets Its Sights on the Senate

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Al Hunt raises the alarm.

Tea Party Sets Its Sights on the Senate - Bloomberg

Sorry ConzHUSA, but this thing is only going in one direction.

This year, Tea Party activists are winning Republican Senate primaries and are favored to win seats in the fall. They include Ted Cruz in Texas, Deb Fischer in Nebraska and Richard Mourdock in Indiana. Primaries over the next 10 days in Missouri and Wisconsin could catapult others.

Cruz, a former law clerk to the late Supreme Court Justice William Rehnquist, handily defeated the Texas lieutenant governor last week. He's considered a virtual shoo-in in the general election.

Fischer, who won an upset victory against a more established candidate, has been embraced by the Tea Party, as has Mourdock who knocked off six-term Republican Senator Richard Lugar in Indiana. Facing tough Democratic opponents, they are favored in states that are decidedly Republican.

They all are hard-line conservatives. Take Mourdock: He has proposed spending cuts of $7.6 trillion over a decade, or more than double the amount recommended by the Bowles-Simpson deficit commission. As for bipartisanship, he says, "The problem is that we try to work together too much rather than stand for our convictions."

If all these Tea Party-backed Republicans win in November, it means Mitch McConnell, the current Republican Senate leader, will be in the majority. From day one, however, the Kentucky senator will be looking over his shoulder. The real power may be South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint, who stood up and supported a number of these Tea Party candidates in the 2010 elections.

You can kiss Obamacare goodbye.

Here is Margaret Carlson (is this really the best our country can do for "journalists"....she's not only stupid, she's a schill) writing a "sky is falling" piece on the Tea Party.

Great. I hope Margaret is staying up at night worrying her sorry fat ass off.

The Tea Party

Wave goodbye to members of the U.S. House of Representatives. Doing nothing has taken a lot out of them, so they have left Washington for five weeks of rest, relaxation and campaigning in the hope that voters will return them to office to do more of the same.

This is especially the case for the large Tea Party contingent among the several score first-term Republicans. They set out to change Washington but settled for simply paralyzing it.

They repealed Obama’s health-care law 33 times but didn’t change one word of its 2,700 or so pages. They stopped the Grand Bargain over the debt and deficit even at the cost of exposing Speaker John Boehner as a scaredy cat. They haven’t been able to curb the excesses of Wall Street, keep the debt ceiling from rising, or end government subsidies to NPR or Amtrak -- but by God, they can bring the capital to its knees. Nearly everyone hates Congress (well, about 80 percent of Americans do) yet the Tea Party -- fortified by Sarah Palin, Senator Jim DeMint and the Club for Growth -- is about to do for the Senate what it did to the House.

Look at what has happened so far in the Republican primaries: Only the purest, most virginal conservatives are being chosen as the party’s standard bearers in November.

Let's hope she's right.

I'd love to see congress so screwed up that the only thing they can pass is gas (and that would be mostly Harry Ried).

Usually the fight is for the middle of the road voters. It's good to see the GOP giving it up so easily.

yeah because the democrats are so moderate....BWAHAHAHAA, a party run by a bunch of crazy ass leftwingers like Reid and Pelosi and groups like ACTUP, PETA, NAMBLA, NAACP, Queer Nation.....I'll take the NRA waaaay before any of those crazy ass orginizations.

Usually the fight is for the middle of the road voters. It's good to see the GOP giving it up so easily.

yeah because the democrats are so moderate....BWAHAHAHAA, a party run by a bunch of crazy ass leftwingers like Reid and Pelosi and groups like ACTUP, PETA, NAMBLA, NAACP, Queer Nation.....I'll take the NRA waaaay before any of those crazy ass orginizations.

Not even sure what some of those are. Compared to the TEA Party, democrats are moderate. I'm happy that the TEA party cancer is overtaking the GOP. Makes winning the Presidency so much easier.

Obama is losing indies.

Historically, they break for the challenger or challengers.

It's looking pretty interesting .

Last edited:

Not even sure what some of those are. Compared to the TEA Party, democrats are moderate. I'm happy that the TEA party cancer is overtaking the GOP. Makes winning the Presidency so much easier.

So that's why you really need to learn before posting...those are leftwing interest groups that run the Democratic party. There is nothing moderate about democrats. nothing at all...they force you to buy stuff.....uh.....not moderate at all

So that's why you really need to learn before posting...those are leftwing interest groups that run the Democratic party. There is nothing moderate about democrats. nothing at all...they force you to buy stuff.....uh.....not moderate at all

Not sure what that has to do with the TEA party moving the GOP to the right but...okay.

Forum List

Back