Tea partiers not smart enough...

wapoobamabudget1.jpg

2009 was Bush's last budget.

Cecile
Do you think it fair that Warren Buffet pays a lower tax rate than his secratary?

I think it would fair if you proved it.

Warren Buffett said that he did.

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary - Times Online

I was just about to post that.

Now here are some questions:

1. How did Buffett get to pay such a low tax rate?
2. If Buffett thinks everyone above a certain income level should pay more in taxes because the government needs the money why didn't he just do that instead of minimizing the taxes he pays?

2. If Buffett thinks everyone above a certain income level should pay more in taxes because the government needs the money why didn't he just do that instead of minimizing the taxes he pays?

1. Buffett pays a lower tax rate because most of his income is in dividends and capital gains, which has a lower rate of taxation than income.
2. Probably for the same reason why Republicans vote against the stimulus but take stimulus money for their districts and states - they are acting rationally and in their own best interests.

Not smart enough to realize they are working against their own self interest.

The right wing agenda is pure capitalism. That's great for capitalists, bad for almost everyone else.

Oh, you say, you're a capitalist? Really, you make all of your money from interest and dividends? If you produce a service or goods for a fee, or for a salary or for hourly wages, then you are labor. It doesn't matter what color you collar is, you are labor. It doesn't matter if you don't see it that way, the capitalists do. Trust me, that is how they see you and they are determined to have you work for less.

So, go ahead and vote for the RepubliCONs, everything they have done for the last thirty years has worked out great, right?

So what if before Reagan's economic "theories" were tried we were the greatest producer of finished goods in the world and now we are the greatest importer of finished goods. So what if we were the greatest crediter nation and now we are the greatest debter nation.

Oh, this "conservative era" that Reagan brought in, it's been great for ordinary Americans. It just takes two incomes to raise a family now, and of course we can't afford to put our kids through school, we can't save for retirement, can't afford healthcare... Oh it's been great!

Go ahead tea partiers, vote for the RepubliCONs!

The tea party people are working in their own self-interest. They are smart enough to realize that.

The right wing agenda is not pure capitalism. It is more capitalist, but it is not pure capitalism anymore than the left wing agenda is pure communism.

The RW agenda is based on greed and envy.

And republicons have been so against bigger government, social programs and excessive govt spending?
They did however support TARP. Bailing out the fiiancial industry instead of letting it stand on it's own.

LMAO
Republicans have spent like drunken fools when given the opportunity. They are no better than the Democrats. They just spend the money differently.

Profits are up on Wall Street and corporate America is hiring again. Unfortunately much of their hiring is abroad as is their investments. The Right argues we should not increase taxes on the wealthy, but should cut their taxes to increase investments. But if those investments continue to build new plants in China and provide jobs for millions of Chinese, just how does that help the American worker?

boedicca,
How can you get my meaning so ass backwards? Oh I know, you're trying to!

If Warren Buffet admits that he pays a lower tax rate than his secratary you don't want to know? People who make all their money by collecting interest and dividends deserve a lower tax rate?

So you're going to bat for all those poor "middle class" people who are making over 200K?

Boy if that's the middle class I am definetly not middle class any more.
:lol:
Judging by the degree of class-envy you have, I'm guessing that you're in the income bracket that pays Zero taxes.
The 200k+ earners you hate so much are the job providers.
To raise taxes for anyone, during this spiraling economy, is asinine.

TEA (Taxed Enough Already) means that we have been taxed enough by BOTH parties. Not just Dems.
Yes, the Repugs supported TARP. That's why their heads are on the proverbial block, also.
Everyone will be held accountable in November.

Now lets compare how much TARP cost us compared to the sum of GM, Stimulus, and Healthcare and look at who has cost us MORE.

You keep throwing around this "30 years" number.
I guess you're not counting Clinton's 2 terms or how many years the Dems controlled the legislative branch, hunh?!

Okay, so you hate the Tea Party.
Cool.
But, like Cecille said, don't stride in here and think you can impose your version of shit on the rest of us.

BTW, PaleRider, that chart you posted (I've used it also) needs updated.
CBO's numbers, released today, holds it steady at 1.45T through 2013 ;)

1. Buffett pays a lower tax rate because most of his income is in dividends and capital gains, which has a lower rate of taxation than income.

Correct. Well that and his MASSIVE charitable contributions, huh?

2. Probably for the same reason why Republicans vote against the stimulus but take stimulus money for their districts and states - they are acting rationally and in their own best interests.

Ah. So perhaps his expert ability to game the tax code to his ability while not sharing with others could be taken into account when he proclaims that tax rates should be increased right? I mean if he was really looking out for the best interests of the government wouldn't he at least lead by example? The guy is literally giving billions of his own dollars away! Why doesn't he give it to the government if he truly believes that the government needs more money?

Ever think about that?

And republicons have been so against bigger government, social programs and excessive govt spending?
They did however support TARP. Bailing out the fiiancial industry instead of letting it stand on it's own.

LMAO
Republicans have spent like drunken fools when given the opportunity. They are no better than the Democrats. They just spend the money differently.

Profits are up on Wall Street and corporate America is hiring again. Unfortunately much of their hiring is abroad as is their investments. The Right argues we should not increase taxes on the wealthy, but should cut their taxes to increase investments. But if those investments continue to build new plants in China and provide jobs for millions of Chinese, just how does that help the American worker?

Perhaps it's not the government's place to "help the American worker," since that really hasn't ended well. The USA is still the nexus of innovation, so get out there an innovate. Leave the solved problems that have turned into commodity labor to emerging economies. Find a need and fill it.

boedicca,

If Warren Buffet admits that he pays a lower tax rate than his secratary you don't want to know? People who make all their money by collecting interest and dividends deserve a lower tax rate?

So you're going to bat for all those poor "middle class" people who are making over 200K?

Judging by the degree of class-envy you have, I'm guessing that you're in the income bracket that pays Zero taxes.

TEA (Taxed Enough Already) means that we have been taxed enough by BOTH parties. Not just Dems.
Yes, the Repugs supported TARP. That's why their heads are on the proverbial block, also.

Now lets compare how much TARP cost us compared to the sum of GM, Stimulus, and Healthcare and look at who has cost us MORE.

I guess you're not counting Clinton's 2 terms or how many years the Dems controlled the legislative branch, hunh?!

Cool.
But, like Cecille said, don't stride in here and think you can impose your version of shit on the rest of us.

My guess is you don't have any friends or acquaintances who earn even $100,000. I may be wrong, but I play golf and poker with a group of guys who all earn at least $250 k, and not one of them hires or employs anyone. Two are attorney's, one is a medical doctor; at the table we add two engineers. btw, the doctor is the best putter and has the lowest handicap (3).

Not smart enough to realize they are working against their own self interest.

The right wing agenda is pure capitalism. That's great for capitalists, bad for almost everyone else.

Oh, you say, you're a capitalist? Really, you make all of your money from interest and dividends? If you produce a service or goods for a fee, or for a salary or for hourly wages, then you are labor. It doesn't matter what color you collar is, you are labor. It doesn't matter if you don't see it that way, the capitalists do. Trust me, that is how they see you and they are determined to have you work for less.

So, go ahead and vote for the RepubliCONs, everything they have done for the last thirty years has worked out great, right?

So what if before Reagan's economic "theories" were tried we were the greatest producer of finished goods in the world and now we are the greatest importer of finished goods. So what if we were the greatest crediter nation and now we are the greatest debter nation.

Oh, this "conservative era" that Reagan brought in, it's been great for ordinary Americans. It just takes two incomes to raise a family now, and of course we can't afford to put our kids through school, we can't save for retirement, can't afford healthcare... Oh it's been great!

Go ahead tea partiers, vote for the RepubliCONs!

The tea party people are working in their own self-interest. They are smart enough to realize that.

The right wing agenda is not pure capitalism. It is more capitalist, but it is not pure capitalism anymore than the left wing agenda is pure communism.

The RW agenda is based on greed and envy.

How so? That seems to be the platform of both parties vying for control of the economic resources, just with different perspectives.

boedicca,

Cool.

My guess is you don't have any friends or acquaintances who earn even $100,000. I may be wrong, but I play golf and poker with a group of guys who all earn at least $250 k, and not one of them hires or employs anyone. Two are attorney's, one is a medical doctor; at the table we add two engineers. btw, the doctor is the best putter and has the lowest handicap (3).

These doctors and lawyers type up their own reports, interface directly with their clients as soon as they walk in the door and they answer their own phones? They all fix their own computers?

You have either made a mistake or are witness to a very strange group of completely inefficient practitioners.

Forum List

Back