Taxes

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
This whole "Romney needs to release more tax returns" is just smoke and mirrors and being done to distract from talking about Obama's lack of a record and no vision for the future or how to get us out of the mess he exacerbated.

What exactly do you think is going to be found? He paid a low rate due to taking advantage of legal loopholes? Big deal. As if any one of you wouldn't have done the same. And save the, "I'm not running for President" nonsense. Neither was Romney when he filed them.

The returns are likely so complicated most of you wouldn't know what the hell you are reading. So what are you lefties going to do? Wait for the lamestream media or some left wing website to interpert and spin them into something they are not? Get over it. If I were Romney I would refuse as well. In my case, moreso since it pisses off the far left. It's not his base or his supporters whining about it.

I love the argument that wihout seeing them how can we expect serious tax reform.

Hello! BREAKING NEWS: Every President is wealthy in his own right long before he is elected. It's all about the definition of wealth. Do you think Obama isn't wealthy? He was before he ran and he had the Chicago political machine's wealth backing him as well From that perspective one can say he was comprised before he ran. It's ridiculous. I see wealth as being defined by each individual relative to his own wealth. Most would say that anyone better off financially than themselves is "wealthy" by comparison.

If one applied that reasoning nothing would get done on any issue. Look at it dfferently. Romney is already rich so there is no reason for him be corrupt. He doesn't need the money. His wealth is sealed. The lobbyists are the problem not the candidate's wealth. Closing loopholes isn't going to help the average Joe since most of us don't use those loopholes. We can argue the ins and outs of it all day long. Yaeh tax the rich, that's going to solve everything...NOT!

Bottom line is there are most serious issues facing the nation than what one may or may not find in Romney's returns...which is likely to be absolutely nothing. It's his perogative to release them or not and he will be the one on the receiving end of his decision.

What exactly do you think is going to be found?

The inequities of the tax system. Romney is, fortuitously, the embodiment of much of what's wrong with the tax code in an election season defined in large part by tax policy proposals. If this numbnuts proposes to raise the tax burden on the middle class to pay for a new round of millionaires' tax cuts, he might as well as show us how much he's been paying all these years. But I doubt he wants to do that.

Anything ethically dubious in there would just be icing on the cake.

Between a very multi-millionaire paying a much lower tax rate on his income than a middle class earner, and 'legitimate rape', this campaign is going bad for the GOP.

• Banned
What exactly do you think is going to be found?

The inequities of the tax system. Romney is, fortuitously, the embodiment of much of what's wrong with the tax code in an election season defined in large part by tax policy proposals. If this numbnuts proposes to raise the tax burden on the middle class to pay for a new round of millionaires' tax cuts, he might as well as show us how much he's been paying all these years. But I doubt he wants to do that.

Anything ethically dubious in there would just be icing on the cake.

So if Romney is so evil why hasn't Obama raised the notion of reforming the tax code and actually have made an attempt to do so? What about the taxes raises(which aren't not defined with the word taxes) embodied in Obamacare?

The problem is someone like you who thinks that because Romney used a system that just as many Dems are responsible for being in place, that somehow he can't be sincere about reform.

"If this numbnuts proposes to raise the tax burden on the middle class to pay for a new round of millionaires' tax cuts,"

The above is just a Dem talking point unfounded and mere conjecture. I love you spinmeisters who live in a fantasy world of what ifs. :eusa_whistle:

So if Romney is so evil why hasn't Obama raised the notion of reforming the tax code and actually have made an attempt to do so?

Obama's budgets have for multiple years now included a proposal that would have made someone like Romney carry a federal tax burden equivalent to that experienced by the middle class.

• Banned
So if Romney is so evil why hasn't Obama raised the notion of reforming the tax code and actually have made an attempt to do so?

Obama's budgets have for multiple years now included a proposal that would have made someone like Romney carry a federal tax burden equivalent to that experienced by the middle class.

And? By the way, Obama has no budget and before you blame the "Republican House"...it was Democratic the first two years.

Even if that is true, can you make a case that Romney would somehow would not have paid it?

Here we go again with the what ifs because in essence that's what your statemnet just implied. same old argument.

What if the planet exploded tomorrow? Come on!

This whole "Romney needs to release more tax returns" is just smoke and mirrors and being done to distract from talking about Obama's lack of a record.....
handjob.gif

Yeah....right.......

Could we get back to $5,000,000,000,000 new debt in 3 years, first credit downgrade in history, low/no growth, record unemployment, record numbers of Americans on public assistance, etc.?

I think most people find this of much more consequence that Romney's effective tax rate or his wife's horse. Well, most normal people that is.

Could we get back to $5,000,000,000,000 new debt in 3 years, first credit downgrade in history, low/no growth, record unemployment, record numbers of Americans on public assistance, etc.?

I think most people find this of much more consequence that Romney's effective tax rate or his wife's horse. Well, most normal people that is.

Ditto! I totally agree. I still haven't heard one good point why we need to see Romney's returns. All I get is what ifs and what could have been. No articulation of what they think they will find.

The same nonsense gets posted that because Romney is rich, he can't cut taxes or better yet he won't. The same lying bullshit. The Dems all have crystal balls about Romney's intentions.

120814_obama_ap_605.jpg

Last edited:

Ditto! I totally agree. I still haven't heard one good point why we need to see Romney's retursn. All I get is what ifs and what could have been. No articulation of what they think they will find.

The same nonsense gets posted that because Romney is rich, he can't cut taxes or better yet he won't. The same lying bullshit. The Dems all have crystal balls aboyt Romney's intentions.

120814_obama_ap_605.jpg

It's a distraction.... Obama can't and won't even try to run on his record. This is all he's got.. tax returns, horses and the family dog.

He's done.. and they know it.

LOL. Damned distractions. Legitimate rape. Taxes. Why can't we just put Romney and Ryan in the White House, and make sure that Romney gets to pay less than 1% on his taxes. That would create so many more jobs, right? In China.

And? By the way, Obama has no budget and before you blame the "Republican House"...it was Democratic the first two years.

Even if that is true, can you make a case that Romney would somehow would not have paid it?

Here we go again with the what ifs because in essence that's what your statemnet just implied. same old argument.

if it was 59 dems and 1 republican, the dems would blame the republicans for nothing getting done. and ask truthmatters facts are facts and teh dems still blame hte repulbicans when the dems have had the numbers and THEIR own have sided against them.

if it was 59 dems and 1 republican, the dems would blame the republicans for nothing getting done. and ask truthmatters facts are facts and teh dems still blame hte repulbicans when the dems have had the numbers and THEIR own have sided against them.

I don't read anything Truthmatters posts.

oo i love it its better than reality tv, TM is not scripted and comes up with stuff better than the best sci fi writers ever. HIs warped sense of reality is amazing.

oo i love it its better than reality tv, TM is not scripted and comes up with stuff better than the best sci fi writers ever. HIs warped sense of reality is amazing.

Enjoy, I'd rather not even see it which is why I have her on ignore.

You're missing the entire point. While some are saying he is a tax cheat, that is more of a play to get him to prove he is not a tax cheat by showing his returns which will show how much (or little) he is paying in taxes. The idea is that this will highlight the problem with our tax code and weaken Romneys position that millionaires need further tax cuts.

Forum List

Back