Taxes

Obama's budgets have for multiple years now included a proposal that would have made someone like Romney carry a federal tax burden equivalent to that experienced by the middle class.

And? By the way, Obama has no budget and before you blame the "Republican House"...it was Democratic the first two years.

Even if that is true, can you make a case that Romney would somehow would not have paid it?

Here we go again with the what ifs because in essence that's what your statemnet just implied. same old argument.

What if the planet exploded tomorrow? Come on!

You're missing the entire point. While some are saying he is a tax cheat, that is more of a play to get him to prove he is not a tax cheat by showing his returns which will show how much (or little) he is paying in taxes. The idea is that this will highlight the problem with our tax code and weaken Romneys position that millionaires need further tax cuts.

Which would be all the more reason not to release them to give the Obama team more ammunition to distort and distract which is the one thing they do well.... and luckily the voting public is aware of.

So if Romney is so evil why hasn't Obama raised the notion of reforming the tax code and actually have made an attempt to do so?

Obama's budgets have for multiple years now included a proposal that would have made someone like Romney carry a federal tax burden equivalent to that experienced by the middle class.

Budgets like the one that was so good his own democrat controlled Senate shot it down 97-0? That kind of budget?

Obama is running on his record. You nutters keep saying that he isn't.......but he is. He talks about his record all the time.
Yeah...the one they MAKE UP for him as they go along by parsing words and playing tricks with the books. He's talking about a record, but it's a record that has NO basis in reality!

More than 50 straight times the unemployment numbers have been DOWNGRADED the week after they were released and only AFTER Obama or one of his toadies trotted out to a camera to claim "GOOD NEWS...jobs are up." when in fact they are down.

That's the first time in HISTORY since the figures have been kept that it was downgraded more than 6 or 7 times in a row by the way.

But yeah, he's running on his record...the one they make up as they go along!

And? By the way, Obama has no budget and before you blame the "Republican House"...it was Democratic the first two years.

Even if that is true, can you make a case that Romney would somehow would not have paid it?

Here we go again with the what ifs because in essence that's what your statemnet just implied. same old argument.

You're missing the entire point. While some are saying he is a tax cheat, that is more of a play to get him to prove he is not a tax cheat by showing his returns which will show how much (or little) he is paying in taxes. The idea is that this will highlight the problem with our tax code and weaken Romneys position that millionaires need further tax cuts.

Which would be all the more reason not to release them to give the Obama team more ammunition to distort and distract which is the one thing they do well.... and luckily the voting public is aware of.

But don't you see, in the court of public opinion, not releasing tells us that he's hiding something and guilty of something. He's letting the idea that he's an actual tax cheat linger out there. Even if he's not, he's not doing himself any favors by not releasing them.

But don't you see, in the court of public opinion, not releasing tells us that he's hiding something and guilty of something. He's letting the idea that he's an actual tax cheat linger out there. Even if he's not, he's not doing himself any favors by not releasing them.

I would repectfully disagree as he has nothing to gain by releasing them because it will just be another talking point over the rate he paid or the shelters he legally took advantage of. We all know the DNC/Chicago playbook.

I think most logical people know, he's rich, paid a low rate, used legal loopholes and frankly pardon my choice of words... don't give a shit. It's only the Dems looking for something to use in a negetive way by a campaign of desperation.

Futhermore if the polls mean anything(not to me), he's still is neck and neck with an incumbent President who shot a wad of money on negative ads..and got nowhere in terms of taking a big lead.

If Obama had a record to run on this wouldn't even be an issue. He may think he has a record but it seems the public is split on that question.

Sorry, I stand by my opinion that he has nothing to gain and more to lose and he's done nothing illegal.

Independents will decide the election and I'd like to think that they are smater than this. They see the tax return issue for what it is..smoke and mirrors and distraction from a non-existant record.

Why aren't Obama's ads about touting his record and not about Romney?

After the conventions in the next few weeks, it will die like all the attempts the Dems have tried to mudsling with.

Last edited:

I would repectfully disagree as he has nothing to gain by releasing them because it will just be another talking point over the rate he paid or the shelters he legally took advantage of. We all know the DNC/Chicago playbook.

I think most logical people know, he's rich, paid a low rate, used legal loopholes and frankly pardon my choice of words... don't give a shit. It's only the Dems looking for something to use in a negetive way by a campaign of desperation.

Futhermore if the polls mean anything(not to me), he's still is neck and neck with an incumbent President who shot a wad of money on negative ads..and got nowhere in terms of taking a big lead.

If Obama had a record to run on this wouldn't even be an issue. He may think he has a record but it seems the public is split on that question.

Sorry, I stand by my opinion that he has nothing to gain and more to lose and he's done nothing illegal.

Independents will decide the election and I'd like to think that they are smater than this. They see the tax return issue for what it is..smoke and mirrors and distraction from a non-existant record.

After the conventions in the next few weeks, it will die like all the attempts the Dems have tried to mudsling with.

You're obviously way to partisan to even attempt to take this any further. Thanks anyway.

You're obviously way to partisan to even attempt to take this any further. Thanks anyway.

No problem. You're right. I have no use for Obama and won't even entertain the thought of voting for him. Fool me once shame on you.... I've voted for Democrats in the past.

I see no record for him to run on and I see no benefit other than to appease his detractors in him releasing any more tax returns than he has.

He's filthy rich and I have no issue with that. Good for him. It used to be one of the American dreams to aspire to accomplish what he has.

As far as I'm concerned, Obama is a snake-oil salesman who pulled off the deception of a lifetime.

He was woefully unqualified and his claim to fame was to be a community agitator and a Senator who only knew how to vote Present or Abstain.

I'll take my chances with Governor Romney and I think so will many other Americans on Election Day. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

And we should highlight the problem that you liberals want to tax some more and more, while you fully support not taxing others... wealth redistribution and forcing others to pay for your services... because you feel it is right to treat someone unequally when you benefit from it

Then you turn this right around on Obamalama... as I have stated SO many times... Offer to release every tax form from every year he has been working, along with every report card, complete driving record, complete health record, every employment evaluation, and every other fucking thing you can think of... the minute Obamalama agrees to do the same.... bust the myth that Obama wants this all about transparency and expose that Obamalama only wants it about selective transparency on this one narrow thing to advance his class warfare rhetoric

And we should highlight the problem that you liberals want to tax some more and more, while you fully support not taxing others... wealth redistribution and forcing others to pay for your services... because you feel it is right to treat someone unequally when you benefit from it

So only liberals want a progressive tax system? Which conservatives want a totally flat tax system with no exceptions at all that you advocate?

Then you turn this right around on Obamalama... as I have stated SO many times... Offer to release every tax form from every year he has been working, along with every report card, complete driving record, complete health record, every employment evaluation, and every other fucking thing you can think of... the minute Obamalama agrees to do the same.... bust the myth that Obama wants this all about transparency and expose that Obamalama only wants it about selective transparency on this one narrow thing to advance his class warfare rhetoric
Fine, let him make the offer. But he won't. Obama providing those documents doesn't change anything. Romney showing how little he paid in taxes, does.

So only liberals want a progressive tax system? Which conservatives want a totally flat tax system with no exceptions at all that you advocate?

Never said. that.. there are plenty on the REP side who want a progressive system chock full of exemptions, differing tax levels for differing types of income, deductions, loopholes, etc... because the more complex you have it, the more you are able to manipulate the system...

A flat tax would probably have many 'rich' that would pay more, because of the elimination of loopholes and because of including capital gains in with all other income... but you will not even accept that because you fully support every growing numbers paying zero in income tax, in this class warfare game

And before you say it, yes we know Bush II also increased the # of people not paying income tax... and nobody is defending Bush's policies on this

Fine, let him make the offer. But he won't. Obama providing those documents doesn't change anything. Romney showing how little he paid in taxes, does.

What the hell do you mean... how little he paid.......He paid more then you........just following the law........You bastards are so damn greedy it makes those around you guys ill. All Americans should be treated equally, Something a democrat has never once in the party history believed in..........

Who knows if he will or won't.. if I were his campaign manager, I would advise it... it would destroy Obamalama...

It is not about how little he paid in taxes (13% or whatever)... it is simply about your side's insistence on class warfare... Oooooo the 'evil rich', boogey boogey boogey

What does it change? The informed already know he is rich, took advantage of legal loopholes, and paid less of a rate than most of us etc.

And don't tell me his ability to reform the tax code because if that's the case, no politician will ever be able to do it, Republican or Democrat.

So is that what you are sayng? No one can ever change the tax system because if you are..... waiting for a poor President, ......it won't happen in your lifetime.

Who knows if he will or won't.. if I were his campaign manager, I would advise it... it would destroy Obamalama...

It is not about how little he paid in taxes (13% or whatever)... it is simply about your side's insistence on class warfare... Oooooo the 'evil rich', boogey boogey boogey

BINGO! BINGO! BINGO! BINGO! :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

This whole "Romney needs to release more tax returns" is just smoke and mirrors and being done to distract from talking about Obama's lack of a record and no vision for the future or how to get us out of the mess he exacerbated.

Perhaps you are looking at the issue the wrong way?

< ref= Assuming that he did not pay taxes>

Given the situation that is happening in this country, it is obvious that simply cutting spending is not going to solve our problems.. Even republicans are realizing this (proven by the fact that many are dropping the Norquist pledge).

How can a man who potentially went out of his way to not pay taxes be taken seriously when it comes to fixing the deficit? />

No matter what way you shake it, him not releasing them either gives the illusion or proves that he has something to hide.

What exactly do you think is going to be found?

The inequities of the tax system. Romney is, fortuitously, the embodiment of much of what's wrong with the tax code in an election season defined in large part by tax policy proposals. If this numbnuts proposes to raise the tax burden on the middle class to pay for a new round of millionaires' tax cuts, he might as well as show us how much he's been paying all these years. But I doubt he wants to do that.

Anything ethically dubious in there would just be icing on the cake.

Romney has not proposed raising taxes on the middle class and you are dishonest for saying that he has. You can sit here and digress about revenue neutral and such, but it's recognized that it's just another way to try to distract people from the wreck that is Obama.
Are you aware that IF taxes were left EXACTLY as they are today, that is we grow our economy, then revenues to the government will automatically go up?
For more on the budget, see the interview linked below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lpwVFdQL_s]Paul Ryan Interview with Brit Hume - Special Report w/Bret Baier - 8-14-12 - YouTube[/ame]

This whole "Romney needs to release more tax returns" is just smoke and mirrors and being done to distract from talking about Obama's lack of a record and no vision for the future or how to get us out of the mess he exacerbated.

Given the situation that is happening in this country, it is obvious that simply cutting spending is not going to solve our problems.. Even republicans are realizing this (proven by the fact that many are dropping the Norquist pledge).

How can a man who potentially went out of his way to not pay taxes be taken seriously when it comes to fixing the deficit? />

No matter what way you shake it, him not releasing them either gives the illusion or proves that he has something to hide.

To Liberals, Left-Wing Dems and fans of Socilaism. The Independents will decide the election and I'd veture to say they get why Romney won't release more. They already know all about him being rich, etc., etc.

If you take a good look at what's being discussed, the issue is already SLOWLY fading. The more Obama and Co. hammer away at it... the more people are going to say, we get Obama..... now about your record and the promise you made about more of the same for the next 4 years....

We'll see who is right in Nov.

Potentially? How about actually like Obama putting $48,000 dollars of income in his children's names rather than pay taxes on it? Especially after him telling the rest of us that SHOULD be paying more.

Forum List

Back