Tampa Bay attendance at a dismal low of 9,457 fans

antiquity

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2012
Northwest Peninsula
Seems there were only 9457 fans at Tampa Bay's last Wednesday's preseason game.
I have been to a high school football game with a higher attendance.
I watch only a few minutes of the game on the NFL channel and I can see why the attendance was so low....what a terrible team.
What is going on in TB?

I watch only a few minutes of the game on the NFL channel and I can see why the attendance was so low....what a terrible team.
What is going on in TB?

Preseason Football is to actual Football in the way MTV is to music.

Let's see the first home game of the regular season before everyone rushes to conclusions.

They are probably second to last in season attendance to only the Jacksonville Jaguars.lol The Jags the last two years had the worst attendance in the league with st louis a very close second but since st louis does not have a team anymore-:biggrin: they will probably be ranked 31st and 32nd each year now.

WHY florida has THREE teams is beyond me,I been saying the last couple years jacksonville should move since they cant support three teams,that they can barely support two.Well I think its safe they cant even do that either.

I always thought Jackonsonville was a bad idea for expansion. Tampa back then I did as well. Should have always been just the dolphins and nobody else.leave it to the NFL though.

What is going on in TB?

Let's see the first home game of the regular season before everyone rushes to conclusions.
dont expect too much better.as i said,they can barely support two teams.they sure cant support three-the jags. The dolphins with their long and successful history should be the ONLY NFL franchise in that state.But this IS the NFL we are talking about though after all.they dont know any better.:uhoh3:

What is going on in TB?

dont expect too much better.as i said,they can barely support two teams.they sure cant support three-the jags. The dolphins with their long and successful history should be the ONLY NFL franchise in that state.But this IS the NFL we are talking about though after all.

Tampa when they are good can draw. Jacksonville I agree was a mistake, that is SEC country, and nothing else.

What is going on in TB?

dont expect too much better.as i said,they can barely support two teams.they sure cant support three-the jags. The dolphins with their long and successful history should be the ONLY NFL franchise in that state.But this IS the NFL we are talking about though after all.

Tampa when they are good can draw. Jacksonville I agree was a mistake, that is SEC country, and nothing else.

fair enough.Yeah they got bandwagon fans in tampa.They dont have loyal passionate fans like the Cubs and Raiders,two franchises that pack them in no matter how bad they are. But thats pretty common with a lot of NFL teams though as well to desert them when they are bad but get on the bandwagon when they are good.

What is going on in TB?

fair enough.Yeah they got bandwagon fans in tampa.They dont have loyal passionate fans like the Cubs and Raiders,two franchises that pack them in no matter how bad they are. But thats pretty common with a lot of NFL teams though as well to desert them when they are bad but get on the bandwagon when they are good.

To me the biggest issue isn't how the team is playing usually, its just the simple fact that Football is really a lot better to watch on TV either at home or in a bar. Multiple games, comfort, and the atmosphere make it so. Football has to up its in stadium (and tailgate) experience to match that, and it is a losing battle.

Interesting comments.....I think maybe a poor team and the ticket high along with concessions ($9.75 for a beer in Oakland) (parking at AT&T is up to $90) the cost of going to a game may have something to do with low attendance no matter where the team is located.

Yeah...it is a lot cheaper to go to your local watering hole...free parking and $4-5 beers.

If you look at this list you will find the teams with low attendance are the teams that are consistent losers, but not all.

List of National Football League attendance figures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What I find interesting is that New England and Pittsburgh are below 100% sell outs. And Dallas after a solid start in their billion dollar stadium (80K) with over 110% sell outs a couple years ago is now at number 26.

Can the Rams be far behind after their stadium is built if they don't produce a winner? Can Las Vegas fill a stadium week in and week out with only a population of 600K? Can Texas absorb a third team in San Antonio or will Texas suffer the same fate as Florida?
Look at New York state..two of the teams in NY has moved out of New York city across the water to New Jersey.

Interesting comments.....I think maybe a poor team and the ticket high along with concessions ($9.75 for a beer in Oakland) (parking at AT&T is up to $90) the cost of going to a game may have something to do with low attendance no matter where the team is located.

Yeah...it is a lot cheaper to go to your local watering hole...free parking and $4-5 beers.

If you look at this list you will find the teams with low attendance are the teams that are consistent losers, but not all.

List of National Football League attendance figures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What I find interesting is that New England and Pittsburgh are below 100% sell outs. And Dallas after a solid start in their billion dollar stadium (80K) with over 110% sell outs a couple years ago is now at number 26.

Can the Rams be far behind after their stadium is built if they don't produce a winner? Can Las Vegas fill a stadium week in and week out with only a population of 600K? Can Texas absorb a third team in San Antonio or will Texas suffer the same fate as Florida?
Look at New York state..two of the teams in NY has moved out of New York city across the water to New Jersey.

I happend to be flipping channels a couple years ago and one of the channels i landed on was a cowboys game in dallas against the 49ers.what I found hilarious about it was the majority of the fans that were at that game were niner fans.It felt like a game being played in SF. To No surprise,Jones to his stupidity with the new stadium has priced out the season ticket holders in Texas.:lol:

It was hilarious to me because they are always billed as Americas team.:lmao:

All these billionaire owners have pissed off the fans with their pricey tickets.lol

LA had $100 parking for their preseason games. I would rather sit at home and relax, and rewind play after play if I want to. Drink a beer that cost $1.50 instead of $10. No crowds, no frustrating traffic. At least in Seattle you can catch the rail at the airport and get dumped right at the stadium, just a crowded mess leaving.

As far as attendance for a preseason game? Who the hell cares, in Florida there is a lot more to do than other places.

Forum List

Back