Talk about "mixed marriage"

The cat plays with the owl on the ground. He goes up in the trees with the owl. I bet he wishes he could fly with the owl. : )

They definitely have "a connection," don't they? So sweet.

The cat plays with the owl on the ground. He goes up in the trees with the owl. I bet he wishes he could fly with the owl. : )

They definitely have "a connection," don't they? So sweet.

The owl is wearing jesses, which indicates someone has taken care of him and likely raised him from a chick.
They are cute together, and an unusual pair.

Here's the youtube version, maybe this one will play for you:

Owl and Cat playing - YouTube

Thanks. That one played.

Super video. They seem to be pretty good buddies.

Yes. Owls will eat a cat in a new your minute. Of course it would be a bigger owl than the one in the video.

Had a friend in NH. He dad had 13 cats. They were all spayed, neutered and UTD with shots. Well one Winter they started disappearing. He finally had only three left . He was walking in the wood by his house and found Owl scat. Bones, fur and whatever else they crap out. He looked around and finally spotted the owl. It was a Giant Brown Owl. It was huge. It apparantly had been killing and feeding on his cats all Winter.

He called F&G and they had to trap it as its an endangered species. The moved it and apparantly it didn't come back. Must have found a bunch of kitties where ever it was moved to. LOL

Here's the youtube version, maybe this one will play for you:

Owl and Cat playing - YouTube

Thanks. That one played.

Super video. They seem to be pretty good buddies.

Yes. Owls will eat a cat in a new your minute. Of course it would be a bigger owl than the one in the video.

Had a friend in NH. He dad had 13 cats. They were all spayed, neutered and UTD with shots. Well one Winter they started disappearing. He finally had only three left . He was walking in the wood by his house and found Owl scat. Bones, fur and whatever else they crap out. He looked around and finally spotted the owl. It was a Giant Brown Owl. It was huge. It apparantly had been killing and feeding on his cats all Winter.

He called F&G and they had to trap it as its an endangered species. The moved it and apparantly it didn't come back. Must have found a bunch of kitties where ever it was moved to. LOL

It isn't uncommon around here for cats and small dogs are taken by eagles, most often in the Winter. When Spring comes around, I have to be particularly attentive about the newborn and young animals because they are also attractive "eagle bait". We've also had some cases where owls attack cross-country skiers and joggers on some of the local trails.

The one thing I can say is that I hope the Owl doesn't assume all cats are friendly and the Cat doesn't assume all owls are friendly.

That is very very dangerous.

The one thing I can say is that I hope the Owl doesn't assume all cats are friendly and the Cat doesn't assume all owls are friendly.

That is very very dangerous.

That is very true! That's one of the problems when you teach animals that are normally "enemies" to tolerate each other. They become desensitized to their natural survival instincts. I would hope that whoever owns these two keeps a close eye on both of them.

Forum List

Back