Taking Joy in Violence

No, I don't. There is no apology for violence.

Then why do you do it? Your constant defense of islam is very sick.

I'm not defending Islam. I'm saying that even though evil is done in the name of God or Allah I don't fault the religion itself or say that the religion is evil.

Consider the Buddhists who attacked Muslims in Burma. They did so in retaliation for the rape and murder of a Buddhist woman. Does that make Buddhism evil, because these Buddhists broke the non-violence precepts of Buddhism?

No, it doesn't.

Consider Mohammed and Jesus. Which one was a man of love and peace and which one was a man of war and murder?

Islam does not have non-violence precepts, it has violent precepts. Christianity doesn't have violent precepts and it does have peace and love precepts. Why are you having a hard time with that?

Last edited:
You apologize for his murderous doctrine all day every day.

Oh, is this another thread for you to vent your bigotry? Why don't you, swagger and joeb take a vacation somewhere together?

Why don't you show your evidence of my so-called bigotry.

We've been over this already. Is this going to be your pattern? Screaming bigoted rants followed by "what? me? no way!"? It's already getting old. Stone something or other was that guy's name. Is that you? Someone should check the IP address.

Oh, is this another thread for you to vent your bigotry? Why don't you, swagger and joeb take a vacation somewhere together?

Why don't you show your evidence of my so-called bigotry.

We've been over this already. Is this going to be your pattern? Screaming bigoted rants followed by "what? me? no way!"? It's already getting old. Stone something or other was that guy's name. Is that you? Someone should check the IP address.

Why don't you show one of my posts that is bigotted like you claim. Loser.

is as evil as committing the violence yourself.

What pleasure is there in violence?

None.

What practices does your tradition have for purifying thought? Buddhists have the Four Opponent Powers.

Don't set yourself up as the arbiter of someone else's pleasure. It would be a mistake.

After all you don't want someone deciding what's pleasure for you.

I'm not. It is much more serious karmically if Buddhists pleasure in violence. The first opponent power is the power of regret.

If I kill insects while driving and regret their death it helps to mitigate the karma of killing though ignorance.

None.

What practices does your tradition have for purifying thought? Buddhists have the Four Opponent Powers.

Don't set yourself up as the arbiter of someone else's pleasure. It would be a mistake.

I'm not. It is much more serious karmically if Buddhists pleasure in violence. The first opponent power is the power of regret.

If I kill insects while driving and regret their death it helps to mitigate the karma of killing though ignorance.

Do you eat meat?

Do you eat meat?

Yes. It is impossible to live in cyclic existence and not kill. Even vegetarians have karma due to the number of beings killed in the harvesting of vegetables and grains.

It's important for Buddhists who eat meat to acknowledge the karmic debt we owe to the animals who are killed so that we may eat.

We make special prayers for them.

None.

I'm a bit puzzled by this post. Are you saying that it's ok for you if you or someone in your religion enjoys violence?

That would be very different for Buddhists.

Do you eat meat?

Yes. It is impossible to live in cyclic existence and not kill. Even vegetarians have karma due to the number of beings killed in the harvesting of vegetables and grains.

It's important for Buddhists who eat meat to acknowledge the karmic debt we owe to the animals who are killed so that we may eat.

Do you make any special prayers for the innocent people murdered in the name of Allah and Mohammed that you defend?

Do you eat meat?

Do you make any special prayers for the innocent people murdered in the name of Allah and Mohammed that you defend?

I don't defend the killing that Muslims do. And yes, I pray for them.

I don't defend the killing that Muslims do. And yes, I pray for them.

Mohammed was a murderer and you defend his religion.

None.

Your hero Mohammed said "Behead the Infidel". Nice.

I am interested in what you said and its truthfulness. Can you point out where Skydancer, at any time, said that Mohammed was her hero?

Forum List

Back