Vegetarians and Homophobes.

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Something I've noticed here of late.

Imagine if you would, a friend who just became a vegetarian, and he denounces the evils of meat at every oppurtunity. But then he just can't stop talking about meat. He spends a lot of time describing steak in vivid detail, talking about them being grilled to perfection, sauted in Mushrooms and Onions, juices dripping from the meat on to plate and the aroma wafting across the room and just how sick the whole thing makes him.

You'd have serious questions about whether that guy was obsessed with meat.

Now imagine if you would, a homophobic individual who just hates the ghey, accuses everyone who disagrees with him of being gay, then graphically describes gay sex acts with the most lurid of details (guy on guy action, of course. Lesbians don't even exist in their frame of reference.)

I've noticed on a lot of these threads, people are acting like they are writing bad slash fiction more than making an argument. For something they find icky, they spend an awful lot of time thinking about it.

Something I've noticed here of late.

Imagine if you would, a friend who just became a vegetarian, and he denounces the evils of meat at every oppurtunity. But then he just can't stop talking about meat. He spends a lot of time describing steak in vivid detail, talking about them being grilled to perfection, sauted in Mushrooms and Onions, juices dripping from the meat on to plate and the aroma wafting across the room and just how sick the whole thing makes him.

You'd have serious questions about whether that guy was obsessed with meat.

Now imagine if you would, a homophobic individual who just hates the ghey, accuses everyone who disagrees with him of being gay, then graphically describes gay sex acts with the most lurid of details (guy on guy action, of course. Lesbians don't even exist in their frame of reference.)

I've noticed on a lot of these threads, people are acting like they are writing bad slash fiction more than making an argument. For something they find icky, they spend an awful lot of time thinking about it.

They do.

Forum List

Back