Take welfare to live=no vote.

Corporations are people, my friend. :lol:

I'll believe corporations are people when one is on death row.

Who so you think the Share Holders of a Corporation are? Robots?

You have people fucking living inside you too, doing work and calling all of your shots? Or operating externally and owning pieces of you and all gathering frequently to discuss how they want you to do things?

Do you exist in multiple places at once? Are you immortal?

Corporations are people, my friend. :lol:

I'll believe corporations are people when EA gets hit by a car and fucking dies.

I was mocking Romney's statement, nothing more.

Back to what people are talking about.... IF you are allowed to vote what you think is best for you, then there should be nothing to stop the opposing viewpoint voting for what they think is best for them.

I'll believe corporations are people when EA gets hit by a car and fucking dies.

I was mocking Romney's statement, nothing more.

Back to what people are talking about.... IF you are allowed to vote what you think is best for you, then there should be nothing to stop the opposing viewpoint voting for what they think is best for them.

Agreed. The problem is, we shouldn't be using government to distribute wealth in the first place. The Court has basically sold us out on that front.

I believe that outside of unemployment that anyone taking welfare shouldn't be allowed to vote. People on cradle to grave are of course going to vote themselves more free shit.

As a civilization we can't do it and shouldn't allow it. There's NO way we can sustain this much longer as the takers start eating alive the providers.

I believe we must use the laws to keep this nation economically competitive.

Do I support unemployment=yes
Do I support SSI=YES
DO I support helping people of course.
Do I believe in helping the disabled of course! Hell, maybe I'd add an exception for this group as they can't help it.

We won't be a superpower if we keep walking down this street. We're at half the country right now and that will likely keep growing unless we cap it. Humans have two competing forces 1# The want to better one's self and 2# the want to be taken care of. Something for nothing. NO ECONOMIC SYSTEM can play to this without failure.

We should make 2# harder to come by. There's no economic way around it.

I believe that every citizen has the right to cast their vote, and that vote shouldn't be denied them simply because they are on welfare.

I think you should have to score 80% on a T/F test about the parties platforms in order to vote.

If you don't know whats at stake you don't deserve a vote.

This is a democratic republic.

Everybody over 21 ought to be able to vote.

Everyone!

You want to know what is better than voting for your own self interest?

Having enough money to buy politicians and lobbyists to do your "voting" for you.
That way you are sure to get what you want.

Hmm.

How many people would this be, Matthew? Got a number for us?

Matthew should be sleeping it off. Let me answer for him; all of them.

My answer should make as much sense as Matthews would. Maybe more.

That's why at one time only property owners could vote. They paid the taxes. People who didn't pay taxes couldn't vote because they would vote their own interests and those interests would be to raise the taxes on the property owners.

Recent stepped-up voter registration efforts at state mental hospitals and facilities for the developmentally disabled resulted in the registration of Wendell Justin Williamson, who in 1995 killed two people in Chapel Hill and was judged not guilty by reason of insanity.

Election records show Williamson, a patient at Central Regional Hospital in Butner, was registered on Sept. 13 as an unaffiliated voter. He cast an absentee ballot that was accepted Oct. 15 by the Granville County Board of Elections.

In a street shootout in January 1995 near the UNC-Chapel Hill campus, Williamson, a law student, used an M-1 rifle to kill two strangers. The not-guilty verdict caused a national furor. He attracted additional headlines this week when a judge granted Williamson unsupervised off-campus privileges.

Efforts to register mental patients and residents of centers for the developmentally disabled have taken place in recent months in several locations around the state.

Employees of the Murdoch Developmental Center, a state-run facility in Butner for the mentally retarded and developmentally disabled, recently registered 36 of the more than 500 residents to vote in what appears to have been a voter registration drive at the facility. In addition, some residents were checked out of the facility and transported to early voting centers to cast votes.

As of Oct. 30, eight of the center’s residents had voted in person at one of the two early voting sites in Granville County, Carolina Journal has learned. One of the sites is at the Creedmoor City Hall, four miles from the Murdoch Center. The residents voted at the early voting locations on five different days.

Registration activities also appear to have taken place at two other centers serving those with extreme developmental disabilities — the Riddle Developmental Center in Morganton and the Caswell Developmental Center in Kinston.

By law, facility employees are prohibited from assisting the residents with voting, but each resident could have asked an election site official for help in completing a ballot. The developmentally disabled also may receive help from a close relative or legal guardian, but CJ has been unable to determine if these rules were followed in any of the instances in Granville County.

A source who wished to remain anonymous told CJ that Murdoch Center employees recently asked all residents if they wanted to vote, and that they then helped register those who indicated they did. All the patients living at Murdoch Center have been diagnosed with “profound, severe, or moderate intellectual/developmental disabilities or a related disability.”

Chapel Hill Killer Registered At and Voted From Mental Hospital

Anyone who has received public assistance within the last 12 months should of course not be permitted to vote.

Permitting such is how a democratic republic gets destroyed.

I think you should have to score 80% on a T/F test about the parties platforms in order to vote.

If you don't know whats at stake you don't deserve a vote.

Repubs would be screwed if such a test existed. The test would change every two weeks. BTW I think you should not be allowed to vote if you bitched and moaned for four years about not having a conservative running for president then when the time comes you throw away all of your ideals and pick Mittens.

Lets go a step further. If you work for the govt, you dont get to vote. They'll only vote for those who will raise taxes, and thus, enable the govt to grow and give more pay raises.

Sorry cops, firemen, teachers and..........OH and the military. You guys cant vote, you'll only vote your own self interests.

Government works do things to improve society. They should be allowed to vote for that reason.

Like things you call welfare?
Making our old folks more comfortable after they have worked all their lives is an improvement.

Anyone who has received public assistance within the last 12 months should of course not be permitted to vote.

Permitting such is how a democratic republic gets destroyed.
Not permitting such is one of the ways how Goopers would like to supress votes.

Forum List

Back