Take welfare to live=no vote.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Matthew, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,093
    I believe that outside of unemployment that anyone taking welfare shouldn't be allowed to vote. People on cradle to grave are of course going to vote themselves more free shit.

As a civilization we can't do it and shouldn't allow it. There's NO way we can sustain this much longer as the takers start eating alive the providers.

I believe we must use the laws to keep this nation economically competitive.

Do I support unemployment=yes
    Do I support SSI=YES
    DO I support helping people of course.
    Do I believe in helping the disabled of course! Hell, maybe I'd add an exception for this group as they can't help it.

We won't be a superpower if we keep walking down this street. We're at half the country right now and that will likely keep growing unless we cap it. Humans have two competing forces 1# The want to better one's self and 2# the want to be taken care of. Something for nothing. NO ECONOMIC SYSTEM can play to this without failure.

We should make 2# harder to come by. There's no economic way around it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,766
    Interesting. So, should anyone who gets more in government benefits than they pay for forfeit their right to vote? What about corporate welfare - bailouts and the like. Should everyone working for those companies give up their vote? What about the stockholders? What about all the freeloaders who are going to 'clean up' on FEMA money after the hurricane. I guess they won't get to vote either, eh?

3. Matthew

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,093
    We have to work out something to keep our nation a free market system and keep our "welfare" system a safety net instead of cradle to grave.

I'd say any corporations that are being bailed out shouldn't be allowed to give funds to the federal government.

Is that fair???

4. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,766
    I don't think so. It's our leaders who create bad policy and encourage dependency on government. That pisses me off. We should be finding ways to end their little game. But punishing the people on the bottom rung just has a little bit too much of the "kick-em-while-they're-down" vibe for my tastes.

5. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Lets go a step further. If you work for the govt, you dont get to vote. They'll only vote for those who will raise taxes, and thus, enable the govt to grow and give more pay raises.

Sorry cops, firemen, teachers and..........OH and the military. You guys cant vote, you'll only vote your own self interests.

6. Cheddarmelon

Cheddarmelon Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Now why would right wing be looking for MORE reasons to try and disenfranchise voters?

7. Matthew

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,093
    Government works do things to improve society. They should be allowed to vote for that reason.

8. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,953

Make it simpler....you used to have to own property(ie a house)...that would be a goodway....or maybe just people who pay income tax

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  9. Matthew

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,093
    Greece asshole. It's economically impossible to keep down this street.

10. Cheddarmelon

Cheddarmelon Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Then I guess it's a shame for your twisted paradigm that the economy has improved under Obama, isn't it?

But let's just say you are correct. Disenfranchising voters only means you are not having a government for the people, of the people, and by the people. it would change to government for MY people, of MY people, and by SOME of the people... namely MY people.

and you don't think there is an inherent wrongness to that?