Switerzland a model for America?

Google

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
I often wonder what America would look like under a Ron Paul presidency, with his lofty goal reigning in military influence and focus on strengthening our monetary system. I was a little surprised to see that Switzerland, in many respects, is a microcosm of these principles in action.

Imagine what state is most likely to enact Switzerland’s gun control policy, which states that males of the age of 20 is required to serve in a local militia, and thereafter be armed and ready to defend the homeland (Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Texas maybe? It is a misconception that the Swiss do not have an army, they simply do not intervene or participate in bloody and senseless military endeavors. Switzerland is the most armed country in Europe, per capita it revivals Israel and easily beats USA.

As for the Swiss National Bank, 55% of its shares are owned by the cantons, member states of the federal state of Switzerland (Swiss National Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The rest is traded publicly. As of 2008 the SNB has enough gold, 30.5 billion (US Dollars), to ensure its viability and confidence behind its bank note, the franc. Contrast that to the Federal Reserve, whose stock can only be held by member banks, and has absolutely zero public oversight.

My favorite aspect of Switzerland’s government what is called ‘direct democracy’, in which the Swiss are granted ‘civic rights’ (Volksrechte, droits civiques) that include the power to overturn parliamentary decisions.

“By calling a federal referendum a group of citizens may challenge a law that has been passed by Parliament, if they can gather 50,000 signatures against the law within 100 days. If so, a national vote is scheduled where voters decide by a simple majority whether to accept or reject the law. Eight cantons together can also call a referendum on a federal law.” (Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

And if that isn’t enough to make you believe that this Ron Paul policies at work, Swiss legislators are marching against the secrecy of the Bilderberg Group, giving more media attention to this nefarious meeting than ever before. The power of BG is seen in the void, literally non-existent, media coverage this event always brings.

Their leaders seem to be more bold and courageous then ours.

Last edited:
What is that brown spot in this amap?

186.jpg

I often wonder what America would look like under a Ron Paul presidency, with his lofty goal reigning in military influence and focus on strengthening our monetary system. I was a little surprised to see that Switzerland, in many respects, is a microcosm of these principles in action.

Imagine what state is most likely to enact Switzerland’s gun control policy, which states that males of the age of 20 is required to serve in a local militia, and thereafter be armed and ready to defend the homeland (Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Texas maybe? It is a misconception that the Swiss do not have an army, they simply do not intervene or participate in bloody and senseless military endeavors. Switzerland is the most armed country in Europe, per capita it revivals Israel and easily beats USA.

As for the Swiss National Bank, 55% of its shares are owned by the cantons, member states of the federal state of Switzerland (Swiss National Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The rest is traded publicly. As of 2008 the SNB has enough gold, 30.5 billion (US Dollars), to ensure its viability and confidence behind its bank note, the franc. Contrast that to the Federal Reserve, whose stock can only be held by member banks, and has absolutely zero public oversight.

My favorite aspect of Switzerland’s government what is called ‘direct democracy’, in which the Swiss are granted ‘civic rights’ (Volksrechte, droits civiques) that include the power to overturn parliamentary decisions.

“By calling a federal referendum a group of citizens may challenge a law that has been passed by Parliament, if they can gather 50,000 signatures against the law within 100 days. If so, a national vote is scheduled where voters decide by a simple majority whether to accept or reject the law. Eight cantons together can also call a referendum on a federal law.” (Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

And if that isn’t enough to make you believe that this Ron Paul policies at work, Swiss legislators are marching against the secrecy of the Bilderberg Group, giving more media attention to this nefarious meeting than ever before. The power of BG is seen in the void, literally non-existent, media coverage this event always brings.

Ron Paul supports universal military conscription? WHo knew?

We need a model?

Gee, the Founders would be so proud. They fought, died, suffered and worked to create a totally unique country - like no other on earth... and now all we do is bitch and whine and cry about how much better other countries are than ours.

If you want role models, move. This is not a country for followers. We are leaders.

That was the original model for the US army. No standing army..just militias.

Thanks for affirming the 2A as an individual right. I knew you were good for something.

Switzerland is filled with greedy self serving uncaring people who wouldn't lift a finger to help someone else. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

Switzerland was not really a neutral country during WWII

They were one of the Nazis top trading partners.

Also they would refuse Jewish refugees to come into their country.

And would turn them over to the Nazis.

Only in America, while other countries are trying to be like America, would our citizens wish to be like someone else. If it where not for me wanting to see my kids/grandkids live in the greatest country in the world and enjoy the rights and freedoms that I have, I would be all for you getting to live like Switzerland, but not at the expense of liberty and freedom that we already have here.
Mandatory military service would make us no different then the old Soviet Russia, or Nazi Germany, our military is the best in the world because it is an all volunteer military, our soldiers/sailors/marines/airmen want to be in there, that is why they are the best in the world at what they do.

We need a model?

Gee, the Founders would be so proud. They fought, died, suffered and worked to create a totally unique country - like no other on earth... and now all we do is bitch and whine and cry about how much better other countries are than ours.

If you want role models, move. This is not a country for followers. We are leaders.

Well , our country is no longer the Constitutional Republic which the Founders created. The US is now a fascistic republic - an aristocracy of pull where powerful factions have rights the others do not.

We need a model?

To bad our real leaders are shoved aside by the corporate media.

Hay here's a thought.

Let model this nation on something that worked well for decades.

The same principles and policies that we had roughly from 1945 through 1970.

You know, a government that is more interested in keeping this nation and its people solvent than it is in making the RICH even RICHER?

A government of, FOR and by the people.

What a concept!

Forum List

Back