Surviving Apollo Astronauts Pose for 50th Anniversary- Go Buzz!

Some of the biggest bad asses that ever existed. Not a surprise as most were WWII, Korea or Vietnam war vets.

‪”We were pretty proud of our mission patch. The eagle carrying the olive branch of peace to the surface of the moon. #Apollo11‬

3E70E718-FAA7-4333-BAD8-D46BB5D55CE7.jpeg

All heroes, most combat vet fighter pilots and/or test pilots. Huge guts to do what they did. I guarantee James Bond never flew anything as a pilot. Douche bag.

One of mans greatest accomplishments

Wouldn't that go to Goddard and space travel? Soon, regular people will be able to go to the moon or into space due to Jeff Bezos.

Goddard never went to the moon

If Bezos ever lands on the moon it will be acknowledged that it had been done over 50 years before

To be fair Wernher Von Braun was more responsible for them getting to the moon, as the main architect of the Saturn V rocket.

All heroes, most combat vet fighter pilots and/or test pilots. Huge guts to do what they did. I guarantee James Bond never flew anything as a pilot. Douche bag.

I took a pilot class and flying lessons when young. I went up in a Cessna single engine in the dense San Jose (Silicon Valley capital of CA) area, but didn't like flying VFR. My sense of direction isn't the greatest. First, it took forever to get up to cruising height and I could only fly by following the freeway. My goal was to move to Tennessee and become a FedEx pilot. Gave that up quickly lol.

I don't think you need guts as the main reason for becoming a fighter pilot. It's keen eyesight and hand-eye coordination skills. You don't want to panic when being in the air when being fired upon. That, I know I can do. So if you want to call that guts, then be my guest.

Last edited:

Wouldn't that go to Goddard and space travel? Soon, regular people will be able to go to the moon or into space due to Jeff Bezos.

If Bezos ever lands on the moon it will be acknowledged that it had been done over 50 years before

To be fair Wernher Von Braun was more responsible for them getting to the moon, as the main architect of the Saturn V rocket.
Yup. He had more technology to get to Mars but the idiot govt turned him down so he vanished. Guess where those plans are today ? ( Hint Hint-----young extremely rich intelligent pothead)

Yup. He had more technology to get to Mars but the idiot govt turned him down so he vanished. Guess where those plans are today ? ( Hint Hint-----young extremely rich intelligent pothead)

Good stuff, but NASA says they only have enough fuel for the trip there. It sounds as if the trip back will be longer as they'll have to circle around Mars before heading towards Earth.

Feel sorry for Buzz

image-placeholder-title.jpg

Why? He was the second man, but I think he was the first man to take communion on the moon and Jesus ♥ the moon. Feel sorry for the forgotten third man, what's his name again?
Michael Collins

That's right. I was thinking Francis Collins, but that's not it. Do you know why he didn't walk on the moon? Only Armstrong and Aldrin did.
Somebody had to fly the command module

Sweet! about 7 years ago or so I was back in Florida for a family wedding and made a vacation about it. We went all over and one place I wanted to go back to was Kennedy Space Center. They'd put up the Saturn rocket museum since I'd last been there. Found out the weekend we were going was the Astronaut hall of fame, so we signed up for that.

Instead of the usual bus tour around the facility, it was headed by an astronaut. We got to hang with Frederick Gregory (First african american to pilot a shuttle, and first african american mission commander).

Then at the induction they had a slew of astronauts.. Not sure I remember all of them, but Buzz was there. Lovell was there. John Glenn was there. Got to sit down with a few people talking to Charles Duke (youngest man to walk on the moon).

Robert Goddard pioneered rocketry and space travel. We credit and remember the Wright Bros for their airplane and allowing man to fly. Anyway, Aldrin also went with Armstrong so it's not only his story. We'll probably end up going on vacation to the moon or to a space station due to Bezos. I doubt I would be thinking about Aldrin.
Wright Brothers did not cross the Atlantic....We crédit Lindbergh with that
We credit the Apollo Astronauts with landing on the moon...not Goddard

If you're so into handing out poster cred and street cred, then let's give huge cred to fellow Apollo astronaut Neil Armstrong who was the "first" man on the moon. He was even played by Hollywood A-lister Ryan Gosling in the most recent movie fittingly called "First Man." He was the man who in reality planted the American flag on the moon. Unfortunately, it doesn't say first buzz.

Feel sorry for Buzz

He would have made a better First Man. More approachable,more willing to talk about the mission, better at PR

Armstrong turned into Greta Garbo after he returned

The one story I remember hearing about Armstrong afterwards that I loved was when asked to talk about his time on the moon, he'd tell a joke about it that wasn't funny at all. then go "well shucks, I guess you had to be there".

Forum List

Back