Surviving Apollo Astronauts Pose for 50th Anniversary- Go Buzz!

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
C623974B-FC40-493A-BE58-891171EA7BF0.jpeg

Buzz still looks great

Not many left who walked on the moon

Buzz still looks great

I'm not saying it wasn't important, but it's overrated.
Are you fucking kidding me?

I mean it was a huge deal for the time, big accomplishment and the moon is very important to Earth (we probably can't live without it), but in terms of colonizing the moon and finding what's there we found that it's really not a destination. No other country has gone there even though they say they have plans to do so. I don't think we can colonize it or it will be difficult and too expensive.

Then they spent hours Covering artifacts in moondust and putting them in glass display cases. Space Icecream!!!

One of mans greatest accomplishments

Wouldn't that go to Goddard and space travel? Soon, regular people will be able to go to the moon or into space due to Jeff Bezos.

Goddard never went to the moon

If Bezos ever lands on the moon it will be acknowledged that it had been done over 50 years before

Robert Goddard pioneered rocketry and space travel. We credit and remember the Wright Bros for their airplane and allowing man to fly. Anyway, Aldrin also went with Armstrong so it's not only his story. We'll probably end up going on vacation to the moon or to a space station due to Bezos. I doubt I would be thinking about Aldrin.

Hard to realize so many are still around.
Would love to see the names.

I don't have to point out who Aldrin is :04:.

"The men in the image, from left to right, are Charlie Duke (Apollo 16), Aldrin (Apollo 11), Walter Cunningham (Apollo 7), Al Worden (Apollo 15), Rusty Schweickart (Apollo 9), Harrison Schmitt (Apollo 17), Michael Collins (Apollo 11), and Fred Haise (Apollo 13). As one perceptive Reddit user pointed out, astronaut Jim Lovell, who commanded the Apollo 13 mission, was not in attendance this year."

Buzz Aldrin Dazzles In Photo Of Apollo Astronauts

Wouldn't that go to Goddard and space travel? Soon, regular people will be able to go to the moon or into space due to Jeff Bezos.

If Bezos ever lands on the moon it will be acknowledged that it had been done over 50 years before

Robert Goddard pioneered rocketry and space travel. We credit and remember the Wright Bros for their airplane and allowing man to fly. Anyway, Aldrin also went with Armstrong so it's not only his story. We'll probably end up going on vacation to the moon or to a space station due to Bezos. I doubt I would be thinking about Aldrin.
Wright Brothers did not cross the Atlantic....We crédit Lindbergh with that
We credit the Apollo Astronauts with landing on the moon...not Goddard

If you're so into handing out poster cred and street cred, then let's give huge cred to fellow Apollo astronaut Neil Armstrong who was the "first" man on the moon. He was even played by Hollywood A-lister Ryan Gosling in the most recent movie fittingly called "First Man." He was the man who in reality planted the American flag on the moon. Unfortunately, it doesn't say first buzz.

I'm not saying it wasn't important, but it's overrated. He was played by Several Bonds, each seducing a lovely lady to loud trumpet music, each in a different country, for espionage purposes.

Buzz still looks great

I'm not saying it wasn't important, but it's overrated.
Are you fucking kidding me?

I mean it was a huge deal for the time, big accomplishment and the moon is very important to Earth (we probably can't live without it), but in terms of colonizing the moon and finding what's there we found that it's really not a destination. No other country has gone there even though they say they have plans to do so. I don't think we can colonize it or it will be difficult and too expensive.
We should send some rovers to the moon.
It would also be cool to have live video of the Earth from the Moon.

If you're so into handing out poster cred and street cred, then let's give huge cred to fellow Apollo astronaut Neil Armstrong who was the "first" man on the moon. He was even played by Hollywood A-lister Ryan Gosling in the most recent movie fittingly called "First Man." He was the man who in reality planted the American flag on the moon. Unfortunately, it doesn't say first buzz.

Feel sorry for Buzz

He would have made a better First Man. More approachable,more willing to talk about the mission, better at PR

Armstrong turned into Greta Garbo after he returned

Forum List

Back