Supreme Ct. Justice Scalia predicts New Internment Camps

This story illustrates the stupidity of allowing these guys to stay on the court until they die.....what happens is that they get old and senile....not even to mention some of them are not even qualified when appointed.

In this Scalia refers to Roosevelt's wartime policy of internment as being wrong....thus showing that even Supreme Ct. Justices are susceptible to politically correct propaganda.

Now for the truth>>>>>>>>>>>>>Michelle Malkin | » IN DEFENSE OF INTERNMENT

i think it's great that the daughter of rafaela perez and apolo deCastro maglalang of the philipines should be talking about interning people

she'll say anything to sell a book. it's awesome.

What most people do not understand is that under the powers granted to him by the National Security Act the President is empowered to place anyone in custody that is deemed a threat to National Security....aka National Security trumps the Constitution.

Not sure....but if you are implying i was saying that it could not happen again....that was not the message I intended to send.

My primary message was that Roosevelt was right and to add to it.....we should open internment camps for radical wannabe terrorists....in this time of weapons of mass destruction aka suitcase nukes etc. and lest we forget the warning issued by Iran just a couple of days of ago of claiming to have agents in place in America with targest and that they are primed to attack these targets in America if America sides with Israel and launches a pre-emptive strike on Iran....thus I think it entirely prudent that we launch a new program of internment using a wide net to snatch up these would be terrorists before they can launch an attack on America from within.
You do understand the concept of 'presumed innocent', right?

In times of a National Emergency......which is anytime a President declares it....all those rights enjoyed under the constitution can be denied if so ordered....as both Roosevelt and Lincoln demonstrated.

What most people do not understand is that under the powers granted to him by the National Security Act the President is empowered to place anyone in custody that is deemed a threat to National Security....aka National Security trumps the Constitution.

well, this president didn't sign the National Security Act of 1947. that would have been truman, i believe. and this president didn't open GITMO and has been stymied to date in every effort to close it.

and korematsu v US, which upheld internment of japanese americans is still, unfortunately, good law.

A few might wonder what happened to the Americans living and working in Japan when WWII broke out>>>>>>>>>>>>>>They were locked up with the rest of the POWs. Some were killed when the US bombed Hiroshima & Nagasaki. A lot went on that we aren't taught in school in the US. The information is there, you just have to dig for it.

This story illustrates the stupidity of allowing these guys to stay on the court until they die.....what happens is that they get old and senile....not even to mention some of them are not even qualified when appointed.

In this Scalia refers to Roosevelt's wartime policy of internment as being wrong....thus showing that even Supreme Ct. Justices are susceptible to politically correct propaganda.

What the hell is up with this messageboard? Why is it such a magnet for the insanely stupid? Are the admins advertising on Barney episodes? Is just an accident, or is the actual target market people who have a Kindergarten reading comprehension level? Are little cards with the URL included in samples for dementia medications? For fuck's sake there is some truly stupid shit that a lot of people spout off about around here.

I have read that the reason FDR did what he did was because he wanted to remove Japanese spies from the coast. So instead of filtering out the spies they sent all Japanese to interment camps. Don't absolutely know if that is true or not.

It's bullshit, because they didn't round up every person of Japanese descent on Hawaii where any such spying would have been much more likely (not to mention the fact that relatively few - though far too many if even 1 - German or Italian Americans were rounded up on the East coast). The fact is that no Japanese-American was ever convicted of espionage or sabotage throughout WWII. Instead, they made up the large part of the most decorated unit in US military history. There were some boys from Texas who could attest to that.

Hawaii was basically a military camp.....the Japanese there were heavily monitored and over 2000 were place in confinement.

They weren't "heavily monitored" and they weren't thrown into concentration camps en masse because labor was needed.

There is no justifying or forgiving FDR's villainy.

You make a passable serf, but a worthless citizen.

Not sure....but if you are implying i was saying that it could not happen again....that was not the message I intended to send.

My primary message was that Roosevelt was right and to add to it.....we should open internment camps for radical wannabe terrorists....in this time of weapons of mass destruction aka suitcase nukes etc. and lest we forget the warning issued by Iran just a couple of days of ago of claiming to have agents in place in America with targest and that they are primed to attack these targets in America if America sides with Israel and launches a pre-emptive strike on Iran....thus I think it entirely prudent that we launch a new program of internment using a wide net to snatch up these would be terrorists before they can launch an attack on America from within.

no, he was not. he was the biggest scumbag in the history of this country.

Until 2009? Yes. Well, maybe, if you have managed to forget Jimmy Carter.

well, the current is the biggest scumbag through the living ones :D.

However, no matter how much pain this failure has caused, FDR was exponentially worse. That was a bastard in comparison with his bloody buddy on the other side of the globe :evil:

FDR was a systematic scumbag. current one and Carter are not. Current has potential, but won't have 4 terms.

Last edited:
It's bullshit, because they didn't round up every person of Japanese descent on Hawaii where any such spying would have been much more likely (not to mention the fact that relatively few - though far too many if even 1 - German or Italian Americans were rounded up on the East coast). The fact is that no Japanese-American was ever convicted of espionage or sabotage throughout WWII. Instead, they made up the large part of the most decorated unit in US military history. There were some boys from Texas who could attest to that.

Hawaii was basically a military camp.....the Japanese there were heavily monitored and over 2000 were place in confinement.

They weren't "heavily monitored" and they weren't thrown into concentration camps en masse because labor was needed.

There is no justifying or forgiving FDR's villainy.

There was a strong push from mainland Congressmen (Hawaii was only a U.S. territory at the time, and did not have a voting representative or senator in Congress) to remove and intern all Japanese Americans and Japanese immigrants in Hawaii.

2000 Japanese nationals and Japanese Americans from Hawaii were interned, either in five camps on the islands or in one of the mainland internment camps.

The vast majority of Japanese Americans and their immigrant parents in Hawaii were not interned because the government had already declared martial law in Hawaii and this allowed it to significantly monitor and thus reduce the risk of espionage and sabotage by residents of Japanese ancestry.

Lieutenant General Delos C. Emmons, commander of the Hawaii Department, promised the local Japanese American community that they would be treated fairly so long as they remained loyal to the United States, and he succeeded in blocking efforts to relocate them to the outer islands or mainland by pointing out the logistical difficulties.

Among the number interned were a number of community leaders and prominent politicians, including territorial legislators Thomas Sakakihara and Sanji Abe.

There were five internment camps in Hawaii, referred to as "Hawaiian Island Detention Camps".One camp was located at Sand Island at the mouth of Honolulu Harbor. This camp was prepared in advance of the war's outbreak. All prisoners held here were detained under military custody... because of the imposition of martial law throughout the Islands.

Another Hawaiian camp was the Honouliuli Internment Camp, near Ewa, on the southwestern shore of Oahu; it was opened in 1943 to replace the Sand Island camp. One was also located on the island of Maui in the town of Haiku. The Kilauea Detention Center on Hawaii (island), and Camp Kalaheo on Kauai.[100] In total, five internment camps operated in the territory of Hawaii.

I find Scalia's controversial rants to be quite interesting. In law school we are taught to argue both sides of an issue with fervor. He is one of the few who actually does that. Remember this one? Scalia says there's nothing unconstitutional about executing the innocent. | ThinkProgress

Sir, With all due respect your ignorance really knows no bounds does it?

HIR | Coup of '47: National Security Act destroy the free press?

Carter was a shitty President, but I don't remember him throwing Americans into concentration camps, so the title still goes to FDR as the worst of the worst.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Sir, With all due respect your ignorance really knows no bounds does it?

Go sit in the corner and wait to be told what to do, peon.

Forum List

Back