Supreme Ct. Justice Scalia predicts New Internment Camps

Carter was a shitty President, but I don't remember him throwing Americans into concentration camps, so the title still goes to FDR as the worst of the worst.

To call the 'relocation camps' in America Concentration Camps conjures up images of Nazi Camps for Jews....nothing could be further from the truth.

What was life like for the Japanese in these Relocation Centers?

https://sites.google.com/a/griswoldschools.org/internment-camps/home/what-was-life-like-in-internment-camps

it was a concentration camp-lite.

but it was still a concentration camp.

and invention of the left. and mastered by the left - hardcore, lite and intermediate.

It was certainly close to a concentration camp. A fellow artist I know was in one as a child. Times were different, people were different, Americans were different. If my friend's family had not been put into that camp, their neighbors would likely have murdered the whole family. One of the reasons for the camps was the knowledge that the Japanese had already embedded sleepers in the Japanese community. Just like the agents who directed the Japanese planes to Pearl Harbor. Another reason for the camps was to keep furious Americans from turning on the Japanese who lived among them.

Carter was a shitty President, but I don't remember him throwing Americans into concentration camps, so the title still goes to FDR as the worst of the worst.

To call the 'relocation camps' in America Concentration Camps conjures up images of Nazi Camps for Jews....nothing could be further from the truth.

https://sites.google.com/a/griswoldschools.org/internment-camps/home/what-was-life-like-in-internment-camps

What's the difference between a concentration camp and a relocation camp?

Life and death for starters.

it was a concentration camp-lite.

but it was still a concentration camp.

and invention of the left. and mastered by the left - hardcore, lite and intermediate.

It was certainly close to a concentration camp. A fellow artist I know was in one as a child. Times were different, people were different, Americans were different. If my friend's family had not been put into that camp, their neighbors would likely have murdered the whole family. One of the reasons for the camps was the knowledge that the Japanese had already embedded sleepers in the Japanese community. Just like the agents who directed the Japanese planes to Pearl Harbor. Another reason for the camps was to keep furious Americans from turning on the Japanese who lived among them.

If you are referring to Nazi Concentration Camps.....the most famous and well known ones--then you could not be more wrong.....the ignorance on here regarding this issue is understandable....the devotees of political correctness have convinced the majority probably that America treated the Japanese like the Germans treated the Jews....absolutely ridiculous.

You are right about there being a need to protect the Japanese from Americans....people now have no idea of how much anger there was directed towards Japanese after Pearl Harbor.

FDR had camps for Japanese Americans...Hitler had camps for Jewish Germans....Mussolini had camps for liberals.....YIKES! If the GOP ever gets in power, it's a high probability!

It will not depend on who is in power....the time is coming that it will be a necessity...just like in World War II.

There is a need for it right now.....but that need most likely will transform into a necessity....the public will demand it....no matter who is in power...it will be done.

The sooner the better but the libtards and devotees of political correctness are a stumbling block to this reality.

It has been said before.....I will say it again...the posters on this board are very akin to the bimboes Jay Leno interviews on the streets of California...clueless, ignorant of history and examples of the sad fact that America has become a nation of fools....due primarily to our public schools being controlled by the Federal Government which mandates that political correctness is more important than a real education.

I have read that the reason FDR did what he did was because he wanted to remove Japanese spies from the coast. So instead of filtering out the spies they sent all Japanese to interment camps. Don't absolutely know if that is true or not.

As for Muslims. How a free world puts up with what a lot of the Muslims do is really interesting. Just look at the conflicts in the world and how many of them involve Muslims. Hell pretty soon being a Christian in the middle east will be a death sentence. Yes, most Muslims are law abiding and moral people, maybe because of necessity. But it sure seems as if the teaching of Islam produces some really heinous behavior, at least to those who are standing next to the suicide bomber. It just amazes me how we put up with 15 century behavior in the 21st and some even defend it.

And please don't respond to what Christians did during the crusades.

You seem interested in the truth>>>>>check this out>>>>Michelle Malkin | » IN DEFENSE OF INTERNMENT

You know what is hysterical about a lunatic like Michelle Malkin defending FDR's internment of Americans?

Those internments were done by Executive Order.

Yeah.

Like the true hypocrite she is, Malkin screams like a harpie over Obama's Executive Orders. EOs which don't even approach the level of dictatorial power of the forced internment of Americans.

And now you are prepared to start interring more Americans, you fucking hypocritical totalitarian fucks. You make me sick with your psychopathic racist bloodlust.

For the Libtards, the politically correct devotees and other fools who have a crushing desire to believe that America had Nazi Style Concentration Camps right here in America.....I will throw you a bone...........whilst it did not occur here in America...it was on a scale of Hitler's death cams>>>>>https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rense.com%2Fgeneral46%2Fgerm.htm&ei=VmbyUsn8O-Lx2QWvr4DIAQ&usg=AFQjCNGDRuclBSwHziVkK-RkwLjKulrMTg&sig2=R-BKRyn6K_6HBGCXgNym4A&bvm=bv.60799247,d.b2I

FDR had camps for Japanese Americans...Hitler had camps for Jewish Germans....Mussolini had camps for liberals.....YIKES! If the GOP ever gets in power, it's a high probability!

It will not depend on who is in power....the time is coming that it will be a necessity...just like in World War II.

There is a need for it right now.....but that need most likely will transform into a necessity....the public will demand it....no matter who is in power...it will be done.

The sooner the better but the libtards and devotees of political correctness are a stumbling block to this reality.

So if the liberals are in power, they're going to put the liberals in camps? Just tell those nice young men in the clean white coats, that you need another shot of Thorazine. But thanks for confirming my suspicions on the cons plan.

Until 2009? Yes. Well, maybe, if you have managed to forget Jimmy Carter.

To call the 'relocation camps' in America Concentration Camps conjures up images of Nazi Camps for Jews....]

Whatever gets 'conjured up' in your little pea brain is your problem. The FACT of the matter is that they were concentration camps.

I have read that the reason FDR did what he did was because he wanted to remove Japanese spies from the coast. So instead of filtering out the spies they sent all Japanese to interment camps. Don't absolutely know if that is true or not.

As for Muslims. How a free world puts up with what a lot of the Muslims do is really interesting. Just look at the conflicts in the world and how many of them involve Muslims. Hell pretty soon being a Christian in the middle east will be a death sentence. Yes, most Muslims are law abiding and moral people, maybe because of necessity. But it sure seems as if the teaching of Islam produces some really heinous behavior, at least to those who are standing next to the suicide bomber. It just amazes me how we put up with 15 century behavior in the 21st and some even defend it.

And please don't respond to what Christians did during the crusades.

You seem interested in the truth>>>>>check this out>>>>Michelle Malkin | » IN DEFENSE OF INTERNMENT

You know what is hysterical about a lunatic like Michelle Malkin defending FDR's internment of Americans?

Those internments were done by Executive Order.

Yeah.

Like the true hypocrite she is, Malkin screams like a harpie over Obama's Executive Orders. EOs which don't even approach the level of dictatorial power of the forced internment of Americans.

And now you are prepared to start interring more Americans, you fucking hypocritical totalitarian fucks. You make me sick with your psychopathic racist bloodlust.

When some poster posts something that makes a libtard stark raving mad....he undoubtedly posted some truth....nothing upsets a libtard more than the ungarnished truth.

Yes...we need to intern disloyal Americans....I really do not like referring to them as Ameicans as they are only Americans in a technical sense ..aka having citizinship.

The problem being they are disloyal, treasonous and a threat to America...willing to spy and much worse because they want to see America Destroyed. You see them on this board constantly....citizens...but they hate America

The government has been preparing some time now for the mass arrest of Americans....if you had kept up on here you would know that already.

We are on the verge of massive civil unrest...which will necessitate internment camps for thousands and thousands.

To call the 'relocation camps' in America Concentration Camps conjures up images of Nazi Camps for Jews....]

Whatever gets 'conjured up' in your little pea brain is your problem. The FACT of the matter is that they were concentration camps.

My argument is that they were nothing like Nazi Concentration Camps and the fools on this board seem to not understand that.

.......most do not know how hostile Americans were towards Japanese after Pearl Harbor....the Japanese were much safter in the relocation camps than they would have been in California .

"Most" DO know, you ignorant fool. And throwing innocent, loyal Americans into concentration camps behind barbed wire under armed guard towers 'for their own good' is the antithesis of what America was founded upon and stands for. Your comments mark you as immoral and anti-American. Fuck off.

That's what was going on — the panic about the war and the invasion of the Pacific and whatnot," Scalia said. "That's what happens. It was wrong, but I would not be surprised to see it happen again, in time of war. It's no justification but it is the reality."

The closest I ever saw to that level of hysteria was post 9-11 towards Muslims

My argument is that they were nothing like Nazi Concentration Camps and the fools on this board seem to not understand that.

No one said they were just like the Nazi death camps, you idiot. The FACT remains that they were concentration camps.

That's what was going on — the panic about the war and the invasion of the Pacific and whatnot," Scalia said. "That's what happens. It was wrong, but I would not be surprised to see it happen again, in time of war. It's no justification but it is the reality."

The closest I ever saw to that level of hysteria was post 9-11 towards Muslims

Post 9/11 was nowhere near anything like that.

So if the liberals are in power, they're going to put the liberals in camps? Just tell those nice young men in the clean white coats, that you need another shot of Thorazine. But thanks for confirming my suspicions on the cons plan.

heh heh.........you just do not get it.....aka....it will be a necessity no matter who is in power...it will be done...Scalia was right about that...just wrong about it being wrong.

Now if you want to discuss who will be interned then that is another story......that will depend on whether the muslims begin comitting a lot of terroristic attacks here in America or more attacks on the scale of the WTC attacks or even worse........ or if civil unrest develops and the minorities start looting and burning etc and so forth on a large scale.

The point being the Government no matter if it is liberal or conservative must maintain public order....that is a given.

Of course it can and will happen again. Can the American people be frightened again by the unknown, will the American people try to create conditions where they might feel safer and so on? Look at the fear expressed on these boards, the dire predications. To have fear and want to remove the fear is part of the human condition and will happen again. Fortunately, in the United States the fear is somewhat controlled and with strong leadership can be short and temporary. The real danger is the leadership uses the fear to create more fear and bingo we can have real problems. Think of what some leaders could have done with that fear. Looking back at that period now in the calm cool of the evening it is hard to understand, but the fear was real, sort of an Elm Street thing but it was a controlled fear, and as soon as the fear receded the camps began to close.
I was in a graduate history class right after the war and one of the assignments was to study that episode and determine the politicial motivations behind the camps and the personal gain that ensued. All done by the use of fear.

No one said they were just like the Nazi death camps, you idiot. The FACT remains that they were concentration camps.

O.K. I will play your shallow little woid game(many on here have noted you consistently engage in shallow thinking) so be it....irregardless here is a dictionary definition of a Concentration Camp:

con·cen·tra·tion camp
noun
plural noun: concentration camps
a place where large numbers of people, esp. political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.

Now let us switch to reality>>>>the Japs had adequate facilities in America's camps. There was no forced labor. There was no mass executions.

Thus the dictionary says you are wrong...suprise..suprise...not really. It is your forte.

Forum List

Back