Supreme Ct. Justice Scalia predicts New Internment Camps

Not sure....but if you are implying i was saying that it could not happen again....that was not the message I intended to send.

My primary message was that Roosevelt was right and to add to it.....we should open internment camps for radical wannabe terrorists

We have a camp for terrorists. It's called Camp Delta.

The modern day parallel to what FDR did would be to lock up Muslims for being Muslims. And you are an unmitigated asshole if you think that is a good idea.

Over and over we see liberals come on here and engage in shallow thinking or outright lies in too many cases.

No one has said that all muslims should be put in interment camps...certainly not I.....with our high tech capability today/coupled with refined investigative techniques(unlike in Roosevelt's time)we are capable of weeding out the muslims that might be interested or provoked into terroristic acts...in fact we already have them under surveillance and that has been the case for decades now....whilst it is arguable that it is better to monitor some of them than intern them because of the 'intelligence' that can be gleaned from monitoring them....that is not the case with most of them.

Also....many do not understand with an interment policy many muslims would be motivated t co-operate in order to avoid internment....yes it would definetely be a win-win policy.

you do know that FDR was as left as it could possibly be at that time in the US, right?
and that concentration camps is the invention by the most left of the left?

you do realize also that you support the totalitarian methods, right?

I have read that the reason FDR did what he did was because he wanted to remove Japanese spies from the coast. So instead of filtering out the spies they sent all Japanese to interment camps. Don't absolutely know if that is true or not.

As for Muslims. How a free world puts up with what a lot of the Muslims do is really interesting. Just look at the conflicts in the world and how many of them involve Muslims. Hell pretty soon being a Christian in the middle east will be a death sentence. Yes, most Muslims are law abiding and moral people, maybe because of necessity. But it sure seems as if the teaching of Islam produces some really heinous behavior, at least to those who are standing next to the suicide bomber. It just amazes me how we put up with 15 century behavior in the 21st and some even defend it.

And please don't respond to what Christians did during the crusades.

there is plenty of wrath in this world.

But we are talking about THIS country only.

I have read that the reason FDR did what he did was because he wanted to remove Japanese spies from the coast. So instead of filtering out the spies they sent all Japanese to interment camps. Don't absolutely know if that is true or not.

As for Muslims. How a free world puts up with what a lot of the Muslims do is really interesting. Just look at the conflicts in the world and how many of them involve Muslims. Hell pretty soon being a Christian in the middle east will be a death sentence. Yes, most Muslims are law abiding and moral people, maybe because of necessity. But it sure seems as if the teaching of Islam produces some really heinous behavior, at least to those who are standing next to the suicide bomber. It just amazes me how we put up with 15 century behavior in the 21st and some even defend it.

9/11, Boston, shoe bomber.......all THIS country.

no, he was not. he was the biggest scumbag in the history of this country.

Until 2009? Yes. Well, maybe, if you have managed to forget Jimmy Carter.

Carter was a shitty President, but I don't remember him throwing Americans into concentration camps, so the title still goes to FDR as the worst of the worst.

To call the 'relocation camps' in America Concentration Camps conjures up images of Nazi Camps for Jews....nothing could be further from the truth.

What was life like for the Japanese in these Relocation Centers?

https://sites.google.com/a/griswoldschools.org/internment-camps/home/what-was-life-like-in-internment-camps

and? you are ready to submit your freedoms for safety?

Carter was a shitty President, but I don't remember him throwing Americans into concentration camps, so the title still goes to FDR as the worst of the worst.

To call the 'relocation camps' in America Concentration Camps conjures up images of Nazi Camps for Jews....nothing could be further from the truth.

https://sites.google.com/a/griswoldschools.org/internment-camps/home/what-was-life-like-in-internment-camps

it was a concentration camp-lite.

but it was still a concentration camp.

and invention of the left. and mastered by the left - hardcore, lite and intermediate.

This story illustrates the stupidity of allowing these guys to stay on the court until they die.....what happens is that they get old and senile....not even to mention some of them are not even qualified when appointed.

In this Scalia refers to Roosevelt's wartime policy of internment as being wrong....thus showing that even Supreme Ct. Justices are susceptible to politically correct propaganda.

Now for the truth>>>>>>>>>>>>>Michelle Malkin | » IN DEFENSE OF INTERNMENT

No link to ANY Supreme Court Judge saying anything about that book.

We have a camp for terrorists. It's called Camp Delta.

The modern day parallel to what FDR did would be to lock up Muslims for being Muslims. And you are an unmitigated asshole if you think that is a good idea.

Over and over we see liberals come on here and engage in shallow thinking or outright lies in too many cases.

No one has said that all muslims should be put in interment camps...certainly not I.....with our high tech capability today/coupled with refined investigative techniques(unlike in Roosevelt's time)we are capable of weeding out the muslims that might be interested or provoked into terroristic acts...in fact we already have them under surveillance and that has been the case for decades now....whilst it is arguable that it is better to monitor some of them than intern them because of the 'intelligence' that can be gleaned from monitoring them....that is not the case with most of them.

Also....many do not understand with an interment policy many muslims would be motivated t co-operate in order to avoid internment....yes it would definetely be a win-win policy.

you do know that FDR was as left as it could possibly be at that time in the US, right?
and that concentration camps is the invention by the most left of the left?

you do realize also that you support the totalitarian methods, right?

FDR was elected to four terms by the American People.....he and his team successfully defeated the combined Mights of Nazi Germany, Italy and Japan in a few short years....I would say one of our Greatest Presidents ...and liberalism back then was a far cry from what it is today.

ln times of War or National Emergencies a nation must do what is required to insure the defeat of it's enemies.

It is easy to second guess Roosevelt wih the benefit of hindsight....most do not know how hostile Americans were towards Japanese after Pearl Harbor....the Japanese were much safter in the relocation camps than they would have been in California amongst an incensed population crying for revenge on the Japs.

Today's liberals want to pretend we have no enemies....that everyone loves us...that we just need to reciprocate that love by disarming and engaging in diplomacy.

I usually have no use for Scalia, but he made a good point.

We get scared enough, we stop being polite and start getting real.

It could easily happen again.

Of course it could. As horrible as 9/11 was, it represented no real threat to our sovereignty. No one was worried about an invasion, or even widespread repeats of the terrorism. If those possibilities did exist - if enough countries aligned against us to put us at real risk, we'd see ugliness in abundance. Fear has no ideals or principles.

What's the difference between a concentration camp and a relocation camp?

and? you are ready to submit your freedoms for safety?

How did you make that connection to what I posted?

First of all I don't really care if you or the NSA listen to my phone calls you would be asleep with boredom in no time. Why would I ever care?

But that aside, what I am saying is we have a group of people from a group of people that are perpetrating most of the strife in the world today. My question was, how do a free people tolerate such a situation? How do Muslims tolerate this behavior from a small percentage of those who call themselves Muslims? How to they tolerate the Imams that teach hate? Christians are being slaughtered in the ME and apparently the world is doing nothing. A man makes a stupid video and that is used as justification for riot and death throughout the world? I just don't understand liberals that fight tooth and nail to keep the Ten Commandments out of schools yet if riots are started over a slight insult they justify it as, you should have left them people along. It is the freakin' 21 century not the 15th.

FDR had camps for Japanese Americans...Hitler had camps for Jewish Germans....Mussolini had camps for liberals.....YIKES! If the GOP ever gets in power, it's a high probability!

Forum List

Back