Supreme Court to take up Same Sex Marriage...

See what I mean people?

We obsess over shit like this while real issues detremental to the survival of our nation are ignored.
My next door neighbor getting a marriage license won't pay our debt or help us curb our spending.
Focus people

Homosexuality is disgusting but it is your right to lead a disgusting lifestyle as long as it doesn't affect others. To each their own. I smoke and many find that disgusting but as long as it is done in private it is my right.

Smoking is actually bad for your health.

Other than offending your magic man in the sky and exposing your own homophobia, what are the gays doing that soooo bad?

I'm thinking 6-3 on Windsor, but maybe only 5-4 on Perry.

I agree that working it out in the legislatures would be the better way.

However, 6 to 3 for the gay gang.
Two different cases here.

United States v. Windsor - this challenged part of DOMA, the part that says gay couples can't get Federal benefits. What it doesn't challenge, apparently, is the bigger issue of whether states could refuse to recognize other state's gay marriage licenses. In any event, DOMA was always unconstitutional, it was passed by Congress to get the issue off the table when it seemed Hawaii might legalize gay marriage. Because it took another decade for a state to actually legalize same-sex marriage, it's taken a while for for someone to say the Emperor has no clothes. Striking down DOMA would effectively make gay marriage legal for the whole country, because the nine states that allow it would issue licenses to people the other states and the Feds would have to recognize.

Hollingsworth v. Perry is the more troubling one to me, because as I've said, I'm never really comfortable with the courts legislating from the bench, using their one-stop shop for doing so, the 14th Amendment. Judge Walker clearly had a conflict of interest, when he crafted a ruling that was geared towards previous rulings made by Justice Kennedy. Even the 9th Circuit reeled him back a bit, and frankly, when you get reeled back by the "9th Circus", you've probably gone too far.

The tactical layout is obvious. Sotomoyor, Kagen, Brier and Ginsburg will probably vote to uphold the lower court decisions to some degree, and Alito, Scalia and Thomas will vote to overturn them. That leaves Justice Roberts (whom I would have pegged as another knuckle dragger until he saved ObamaCare) and Kennedy (who penned Lawrence and Romer, decisions that expanded gay rights.)

Again, I would rather have this worked out in Congress and the legislatures than the courts.

See what I mean people?

We obsess over shit like this while real issues detremental to the survival of our nation are ignored.
My next door neighbor getting a marriage license won't pay our debt or help us curb our spending.
Focus people

No, it won't.

But here's the thing. When the Plutocrats were dismantling the middle class by busting unions, cutting taxes, dergulating the banks, signing awful free trade treaties making working folks compete with Chinese slave labor, however did they get really stupid not-rich people to vote to let them do that...

HMMMMMMMMMM

Let's think about this for a minute.

They talked about guns, they talked about abortion, they talked about gays getting married.

Personally, I don't care that much about the gay thingee, other than just crushing the pawns on the way to take the king. But if the pawn is unlucky enough to get in my way at this point, so be it.

Homosexuality is disgusting but it is your right to lead a disgusting lifestyle as long as it doesn't affect others. To each their own. I smoke and many find that disgusting but as long as it is done in private it is my right.

Other than offending your magic man in the sky and exposing your own homophobia, what are the gays doing that soooo bad?

Getting fucked in the ass is healthy? And I don't believe in god. Also despising an activity does not equal being afraid of it.

Getting fucked in the ass is healthy? And I don't believe in god. Also despising an activity does not equal being afraid of it.

38% of straight couples practice anal sex... while nearly 0% of Lesbians do. maybe a few use strapons, but frankly, let's not go there.

In fact, there is nothing gays do to each other that straights don't also do to each other. Most Straight folks practice felatio and cunnilingus just like gay folks do.

So I'm not sure why youare "despising" an activity, exactly... or being so selective in your "disgust."

Not all gays do that....not all that do that are gay.

I realize that. That's why I said I despise the ACTIVITY not the person. But of course joe ignored that part.

I realize that. That's why I said I despise the ACTIVITY not the person. But of course joe ignored that part.

No, I didn't. You stated...

Homosexuality is disgusting but it is your right to lead a disgusting lifestyle as long as it doesn't affect others.

To which I very sensibly asked...

And then you went into some rant about anal sex, which more straight folks have done than gay folks.

Frankly, there are all sorts of sexual habits I think are a bit strange, but I don't judge. A few of them I'd rather not know about, but frankly, thanks to the internet, you just can't get away from it. Thanks Al Gore.

Not your business, Gramps, at all, whether you believe in God or not.

Not your business, Gramps, at all, whether you believe in God or not.

What the hell were you trying to say? Try using proper sentence structure.

I understood what he was saying....

Regardless of your belief in a magic sky friend, what adults do in the privacy of their bedrooms is none of your business. Nor should we be making laws based on your tastes.

You two are deserving of each other. Idiots.

I CLEARLY stated to each his own and that we have more pressing issues than this nonsense.

I should neg you both for being so stupid....but I won't.

See what I mean people?

Focus people

You’re preaching to the choir, Gramps, with regard to non-conservatives.

It’s your fellow rightists you need to get with the program.

I CLEARLY stated to each his own and that we have more pressing issues than this nonsense.

I agree, we do have more pressing issues.

But the reason that we do is because we elected the semi-retarded son of a failed president because he kept going on about this morality shit.

We had most of those 'problems" resolved in 2000. Unemployment, debt, crime... they had all but vanished by then. Then along came Bush (whom I'm ashamed to admit I voted for... twice) and now they are real problems.

Now that these issues - gays nad abortions- aren't working for you politically anymore, you don't want to talk about them. You want to talk about the very pressing issues.

Okay... I'm good with that. Feel free to start a thread on them, and I'll comment on it.

I agree, we do have more pressing issues.

But the reason that we do is because we elected the semi-retarded son of a failed president because he kept going on about this morality shit.

We had most of those 'problems" resolved in 2000. Unemployment, debt, crime... they had all but vanished by then. Then along came Bush (whom I'm ashamed to admit I voted for... twice) and now they are real problems.

Now that these issues - gays nad abortions- aren't working for you politically anymore, you don't want to talk about them. You want to talk about the very pressing issues.

Okay... I'm good with that. Feel free to start a thread on them, and I'll comment on it.

Why do you continue to insist you know what was important to me in the past? You make yourself look foolish. And all our problems stem from congress. A president signs law he doesn't create it. And these problems, mostly fiscal, go much further back than Bush. That accusation makes you look even more inept.

Our problems are generations in the making. A president can make them worse or better but he does not create them without the congress.

Forum List

Back