Supreme Court to take up Same Sex Marriage...

In 50 years there won't be a United States. It will have been broken up by then. Unfortunately and sadly, by then we will deserve it.

No country can survive this kind of internal division.

Now if you look at history, homosexuality was accepted right along with every other form of depravity. Nero married the boy, Sporos. Nero also married Agrippina, his own mother. Once depravity starts, it doesn't stop until the end.

Nero did not marry his own mother. There were stories spread later that he had sex with her, but most of these come from guys like Suetonius and Tacitus, who were of the Senatorial Party that had a serious ax to grind with the concept of the Principitate.

But if you want to go there, Rome went on for another 100 years after Nero. It had not yet even reached the height of its glory yet. Things really didn't go to shit until after Constantine tried to impose the backward Abrahamic religion of Christianity on the empire, and people started slaughtering each other over such weighty issues as whether Jesus was made of wafers or not...

They didn't fail for the sole reason they normalized homosexuality. Normalizing homosexuality is a symptom of a civilization terminally ill. Every civilization that normalized homosexuality and there were many, never passed that value on after their demise. The pattern has been repeated many, many times. The civilization is so decayed and depraved it fails. Whatever replaces it rejects the depraved ways including normalization of homosexuality. If same sex marriage was a value on the right side of history, we would have had it since the Pharoahs ruled Egypt.

So can you name a civilization that you are specifically talking about?

Name the civilization. It was a pretty simple question.

All civilizatiions fall, eventually. Or change into something else.

I named several. All civilizations fall eventually, but they follow a specific pattern when they do. And, when that civilization falls, the one replacing it doesn't accept same sex marriage "rights".

So...show that those civilizations fell because of the normalization of homosexuality. The Romans fell because the christians took over.

Now if you look at history, homosexuality was accepted right along with every other form of depravity. Nero married the boy, Sporos. Nero also married Agrippina, his own mother. Once depravity starts, it doesn't stop until the end.

The mistake that you make, among many, is labeling homosexuality as ‘depravity,’ which it is not.

In 50 years there won't be a United States. It will have been broken up by then. Unfortunately and sadly, by then we will deserve it.

No, what will happen is you dumb-ass bible thumping rednecks in the red states are just going to have to deal...

The world is passing you by...

So can you name a civilization that you are specifically talking about?

Name the civilization. It was a pretty simple question.

All civilizatiions fall, eventually. Or change into something else.

I named several. All civilizations fall eventually, but they follow a specific pattern when they do. And, when that civilization falls, the one replacing it doesn't accept same sex marriage "rights".

So...show that those civilizations fell because of the normalization of homosexuality. The Romans fell because the christians took over.

True.

In fact, it could be argued Rome never ‘fell,’ it evolved into what is today the EU. Remember also that Rome existed as a Christian empire, Christianity its official religion since the 4th Century.

Last edited:

No, what will happen is you dumb-ass bible thumping rednecks in the red states are just going to have to deal...

We'll see. History does not lie. It just repeats over and over again. We're just the latest flavor of the era.

Half the country has no interest in the health or welfare of the other half. Half the country does not support the policies and values of the other half. Half the country has dedicated itself to obstructing and thwarting the goals of the other half. This is true for BOTH sides. It is not survivable. Which is a good thing when you get right down to it.

True.

In fact, it could be argued Rome never ‘fell,’ it evolved into what is today the EU. Remember also that Rome existed as a Christian empire, Christianity its official religion since the 4th Century.

The culture of Rome was submerged under the stronger culture of Christianity. A civilization that accepted homosexuality was overcome by one that did not.

We'll see. History does not lie. It just repeats over and over again. We're just the latest flavor of the era.

Half the country has no interest in the health or welfare of the other half. Half the country does not support the policies and values of the other half. Half the country has dedicated itself to obstructing and thwarting the goals of the other half. This is true for BOTH sides. It is not survivable. Which is a good thing when you get right down to it.

SO you can't get your way anymore, you'd just as soon break up the country?

Hmmmm.... interesting. Kind of like an abusive husband who shoots the kids rather than lose custody.

I'm going to SOOOOO enjoy rubbing your nose in it when the courts legalize gay marriage, and you have to start painting their pictures.

Egypt did not accept homosexuality until it began to fail. Just as you said.

Not true... Egypt had been conquered by one civilization after another, so it "failed" long before the whole "gay" thing came up. The Assyrians, the Nubians, the Persians, the Macedonians and finally the Romans conquered it, before it fell to the Caliphate...

Correlation does not equal causation.

Fact is, in 50 years, we will look back at people like you, and seriously wonder what the fuck your problem was.

Kind of how we look at these guys today.

USAkkk2.jpg

"Seriously, guys, what the fuck was your problem?"

Their problem is, as it is today, they were democrats using religion to spread their hate.

SO you can't get your way anymore, you'd just as soon break up the country?

Hmmmm.... interesting. Kind of like an abusive husband who shoots the kids rather than lose custody.

I'm going to SOOOOO enjoy rubbing your nose in it when the courts legalize gay marriage, and you have to start painting their pictures.

Again the problem. The court legalizing anything, ain't right. But your hate driven motives don't seem to allow you to see how that could come back to bite you. Kind of like the Dred Scott decision. Do you really think the court ruled correctly?

Two different cases here.

United States v. Windsor - this challenged part of DOMA, the part that says gay couples can't get Federal benefits. What it doesn't challenge, apparently, is the bigger issue of whether states could refuse to recognize other state's gay marriage licenses. In any event, DOMA was always unconstitutional, it was passed by Congress to get the issue off the table when it seemed Hawaii might legalize gay marriage. Because it took another decade for a state to actually legalize same-sex marriage, it's taken a while for for someone to say the Emperor has no clothes. Striking down DOMA would effectively make gay marriage legal for the whole country, because the nine states that allow it would issue licenses to people the other states and the Feds would have to recognize.

Hollingsworth v. Perry is the more troubling one to me, because as I've said, I'm never really comfortable with the courts legislating from the bench, using their one-stop shop for doing so, the 14th Amendment. Judge Walker clearly had a conflict of interest, when he crafted a ruling that was geared towards previous rulings made by Justice Kennedy. Even the 9th Circuit reeled him back a bit, and frankly, when you get reeled back by the "9th Circus", you've probably gone too far.

The tactical layout is obvious. Sotomoyor, Kagen, Brier and Ginsburg will probably vote to uphold the lower court decisions to some degree, and Alito, Scalia and Thomas will vote to overturn them. That leaves Justice Roberts (whom I would have pegged as another knuckle dragger until he saved ObamaCare) and Kennedy (who penned Lawrence and Romer, decisions that expanded gay rights.)

Again, I would rather have this worked out in Congress and the legislatures than the courts.

I think you're wrong about Scalia. Unless he wants to contradict himself.

So in order to f... over someone that is more important then the legislative process, gottja. And to hell with really caring about gays, gottja again.

Fucking over people I don't like is ALWAYS more important to me than a "process".

Well it certainly is refreshing that we finally have something to agree upon.

If they want to be on the right side of history, they will find against same sex marriage. If they want to be on the same wrong side of history as all the other failed civilizations that normalized homosexuality that's what they will do.

After the fiasco of Roe v. Wade, they might just rule against same sex marriage and let it be fought out where it should be, in legislatures.

Ignorant homophobes like you are going to have a really bad year in 2013.

Perhaps it's time you move the fuck outta our country!!

"other failed civilizations"... ??? WTF are you talking about?

Just something else that the government will force onto the majority. Where in the Constitution is marriage even mentioned?

Where in the constitution are property rights and/or copyright and/or the Lincoln Memorial mentioned??

Take a civics class then get back to us.

Ignorant homophobes like you are going to have a really bad year in 2013.

Perhaps it's time you move the fuck outta our country!!

Just something else that the government will force onto the majority. Where in the Constitution is marriage even mentioned?

How is this being forced upon you?

If you aren't inclined to marry your own gender, how does this effect your life in any way, shape or form?

Just as Obamatax is being forced upon the majority.

There is no mention of health care in the Consitution or the Bill of Rights. As there is no mention of marriage. So if my state decides that marriage is between a man and a woman, as it always has been defined, that that is the state's right to do so.

IF this is to become a right then let's do a consitutional amendment and have the majority of the people decide the issue, not a court where there are almost half with a pre-dispostion either way. Rights are defined, they are not made up out of sail cloth.

There's no mention of lots of things in the constitution, you dumb twit.

Go take a civics class and learn how your government works.

See, this is the problem with people getting "educated" by Glenn Beck and Fox News, they turn out at barely functionally retarded adults.

True.

The culture of Rome was submerged under the stronger culture of Christianity. A civilization that accepted homosexuality was overcome by one that did not.

And then....it fell apart. Christianity gave us The Dark Ages.

True.

And then....it fell apart. Christianity gave us The Dark Ages.

It can't quit me... :lol:

:)

peace...

Again the problem. The court legalizing anything, ain't right. But your hate driven motives don't seem to allow you to see how that could come back to bite you. Kind of like the Dred Scott decision. Do you really think the court ruled correctly?

I think it ruled according to the law, not what is moral.

In this case, there's no moral or logical reason to keep gay marriage illegal so that a few religious bigots can pretend their sky pixie loves them the very bestest.

I would much prefer that the legislatures make this legal, but frankly, if it takes the courts to shove it down the throats of the religious haters, that works for me, too.

Forum List

Back