Supreme Court to take up Same Sex Marriage...

If the Supreme Court shows intelligence, which I doubt since Kagan and Sotomayor, they will not use this case to overturn Prop 8 and impose same sex marriage on an unwilling public. They will leave it to legislators and voters to make that decision state by state.

The legislators already did, that's the point of the Prop 8 case. You cannot take away rights already granted.

Roe v. Wade didn't work. It imposed abortion, but it never made abortion acceptable and it has been under continual attack since the day it was decided. The justices can do the same thing to same sex marriage insuring endless years of conflict or leave it alone where it will succeed or fail on it's own merits.

The Supreme Court made interracial marriage legal despite public opinion being overwhelmingly against it. Should they have waited until the 1990s?

are you comparing gays to blacks, again? OMG, i'm sure MLK was thinking about homos when he was marching.....suuuure he was
and blacks cant change being black....gays can change who they have sex with....

If the Supreme Court shows intelligence, which I doubt since Kagan and Sotomayor, they will not use this case to overturn Prop 8 and impose same sex marriage on an unwilling public. They will leave it to legislators and voters to make that decision state by state.

Roe v. Wade didn't work. It imposed abortion, but it never made abortion acceptable and it has been under continual attack since the day it was decided. The justices can do the same thing to same sex marriage insuring endless years of conflict or leave it alone where it will succeed or fail on it's own merits.

Here's where you are a little confused.

Abortion was already accepted before Roe v. Wade. Every woman knew "someone who could take care of that" when they got unexpectedly pregnant. Even the "back alley" abortion was a bit of an exageration, most abortions were performed in doctor's offices.

All they did was legalize what was already happening by overturning unworkable laws.

Now, just because the Republicans have got you religious whacks voting against your own economic interests by keeping you really mad about abortion doesn't mean that the rest of the world hasn't already moved on...

And thus it will be with gay marriage. Except the GOP isn't even standing and fighting on that one. They just want to throw the religo-nuts under the bus on that one.

If abortion was already accepted before Roe, there wouldn't be a single abortion case today. There wouldn't be one anti abortion protest. The issue wasn't settled by the Roe decision. It's still being fought and abortion is opposed by more today than was opposed the day Roe was passed!

If abortion or same sex marriage is supported by the majority, there need be no Supreme Court decision. It would be decided legislatively with the full support of the voting majority, not by manipulated polls because we don't have legislation by polls.

The GOP isn't standing a taking it to the mat because this is not an issue to go to the mat over. Republicans know that this isn't going to end with a supreme court decision. Best result, it ends up like Roe, litigated forevermore. Worse result, it ends like the other failure, court ordered integration.

And you continue to be confused – a lot.

Roe wasn’t solely about abortion; in fact the primary issue was privacy rights. And the Roe Court wasn’t determining if abortion was ‘right’ or ‘wrong,’ but whether or not the states were authorized to violate citizens’ privacy rights concerning a decision to have a child or not.

The same is true with regard to same-sex couples’ access to marriage law, where the primary issue is equal protection rights, not whether homosexuality is ‘right’ or ‘wrong.’

Come on we need more transgendered as well, lets toss in some drag queens!!!!!!!!!

[
Here's where you are a little confused.

Abortion was already accepted before Roe v. Wade. Every woman knew "someone who could take care of that" when they got unexpectedly pregnant. Even the "back alley" abortion was a bit of an exageration, most abortions were performed in doctor's offices.

All they did was legalize what was already happening by overturning unworkable laws.

Now, just because the Republicans have got you religious whacks voting against your own economic interests by keeping you really mad about abortion doesn't mean that the rest of the world hasn't already moved on...

And thus it will be with gay marriage. Except the GOP isn't even standing and fighting on that one. They just want to throw the religo-nuts under the bus on that one.

yeah I want liberal economics and a gigantic government......suuuuure

no, you want all the benefits of big government without having to pay for them.

Because somehow, I think you like the fact that you get to drink clean water and breathe clean air....

you just don't like the fact government makes that possible, you rugged individualist, you.

The legislators already did, that's the point of the Prop 8 case. You cannot take away rights already granted.

The Supreme Court made interracial marriage legal despite public opinion being overwhelmingly against it. Should they have waited until the 1990s?

are you comparing gays to blacks, again? OMG, i'm sure MLK was thinking about homos when he was marching.....suuuure he was
and blacks cant change being black....gays can change who they have sex with....

No darlin' you got it wrong. It's not race that is being compared to orientation although both are immutable traits that cannot be changed. What IS compared and comparable is the discrimination. You even use much of the same language used against interracial marriage.

Those that wanted to marry outside their race could have chosen from their own race couldn't they?

You've lost this one.

No darlin' you got it wrong. It's not race that is being compared to orientation although both are immutable traits that cannot be changed. What IS compared and comparable is the discrimination. You even use much of the same language used against interracial marriage.

Those that wanted to marry outside their race could have chosen from their own race couldn't they?

You've lost this one.

A Black Man and a White Woman can Create Life.

No Two Men or Two Woman can... Ever.

Sexual Deviation and Race are NOT Analagous.

Find Validation on your own. :thup:

:)

peace...

is that why you got married, mal? to seek validation from your government?

Supreme Court to take up Same Sex Marriage...

I was WONDERING how long it was gonna take....for Tony Scalia & Clarence Thomas to "come-out"!!

:clap2:

Here's hoping the happy-couple will (finally) get the attitude-adjustment they're badly in-need-of.

You've lost this one.

peace...

hello? i asked you a simple question as a challenge to your post here. you clearly have no point about "validation", so you obfuscate.

every point you attempted to make is beside the point... what a buffooooon.

a simple yes or no will do. ^

Last edited:

You've lost this one.

peace...

hello? i asked you a simple question as a challenge to your post here. you clearly have no point about "validation", so you obfuscate.

^I LOVE it when Ravir gets Frustrated... :rofl:

peace...

Dogs can get married, yet gays can't. The Supremes are about to show us how free this country really is.

^I LOVE it when Ravir gets Frustrated...

peace...

so i take it you DID get married just to seek your government's approval.

why would anybody do that???

^I LOVE it when Ravir gets Frustrated...

peace...

so i take it you DID get married just to seek your government's approval.

why would anybody do that???

:rofl:

peace...

You've lost this one.

peace...

did you need the government's approval to make babies too...???

Forum List

Back