Supreme Court to take up Same Sex Marriage...

Why do you continue to insist you know what was important to me in the past? You make yourself look foolish. And all our problems stem from congress. A president signs law he doesn't create it. And these problems, mostly fiscal, go much further back than Bush. That accusation makes you look even more inept.

Our problems are generations in the making. A president can make them worse or better but he does not create them without the congress.

And who was running Congress during most of Bush's years?

Oh, that's right.

In 2000, we were posting 400 Billion dollar surpluses. If we had kept that up, we'd have probably paid off the debt by now. Instead we gave huge tax breaks to millionaires and put a war on a credit card. And here we are.

If they want to be on the right side of history, they will find against same sex marriage. If they want to be on the same wrong side of history as all the other failed civilizations that normalized homosexuality that's what they will do.

After the fiasco of Roe v. Wade, they might just rule against same sex marriage and let it be fought out where it should be, in legislatures.

Fuck you and your bigotry

You two are deserving of each other. Idiots.

I CLEARLY stated to each his own and that we have more pressing issues than this nonsense.

I should neg you both for being so stupid....but I won't.

I agree, we do have more pressing issues.

But the reason that we do is because we elected the semi-retarded son of a failed president because he kept going on about this morality shit.

We had most of those 'problems" resolved in 2000. Unemployment, debt, crime... they had all but vanished by then. Then along came Bush (whom I'm ashamed to admit I voted for... twice) and now they are real problems.

Now that these issues - gays nad abortions- aren't working for you politically anymore, you don't want to talk about them. You want to talk about the very pressing issues.

Okay... I'm good with that. Feel free to start a thread on them, and I'll comment on it.

Why do you continue to insist you know what was important to me in the past? You make yourself look foolish. And all our problems stem from congress. A president signs law he doesn't create it. And these problems, mostly fiscal, go much further back than Bush. That accusation makes you look even more inept.

Our problems are generations in the making. A president can make them worse or better but he does not create them without the congress.

My guess is he is going off your history of stupid posts and the fact that you rarely get it right.

If the Supreme Court shows intelligence, which I doubt since Kagan and Sotomayor, they will not use this case to overturn Prop 8 and impose same sex marriage on an unwilling public. They will leave it to legislators and voters to make that decision state by state.

Roe v. Wade didn't work. It imposed abortion, but it never made abortion acceptable and it has been under continual attack since the day it was decided. The justices can do the same thing to same sex marriage insuring endless years of conflict or leave it alone where it will succeed or fail on it's own merits.

If the Supreme Court shows intelligence, which I doubt since Kagan and Sotomayor, they will not use this case to overturn Prop 8 and impose same sex marriage on an unwilling public. They will leave it to legislators and voters to make that decision state by state.

Roe v. Wade didn't work. It imposed abortion, but it never made abortion acceptable and it has been under continual attack since the day it was decided. The justices can do the same thing to same sex marriage insuring endless years of conflict or leave it alone where it will succeed or fail on it's own merits.

Abortion is still legal...so how did Roe v. Wade didn't work?

Abortion is still legal...so how did Roe v. Wade didn't work?

It didn't work to settle the issue. Abortion is legal and as you are quick to point out, continually under attack every day someplace. Most legal analysts and honest academics realize that Roe was a failure - to settle the issue. After 40 years it's still being litigated because it was always opposed by the majority. If the majority didn't oppose Roe, it would be law by fiat, state by state. It would never have needed a Supreme Court decision.

If the Supreme Court imposes same sex marriage on the nation, it will end up like Roe, or worse, like court ordered integration another abject failure.

Here's where you are a little confused.

Abortion was already accepted before Roe v. Wade. Every woman knew "someone who could take care of that" when they got unexpectedly pregnant. Even the "back alley" abortion was a bit of an exageration, most abortions were performed in doctor's offices.

All they did was legalize what was already happening by overturning unworkable laws.

Now, just because the Republicans have got you religious whacks voting against your own economic interests by keeping you really mad about abortion doesn't mean that the rest of the world hasn't already moved on...

And thus it will be with gay marriage. Except the GOP isn't even standing and fighting on that one. They just want to throw the religo-nuts under the bus on that one.

Having the right of the minority being voted on by the majority, are you half cocked? If that we're the case the right wing would be gone. Also rights are rights and should not be up for a vote.

Abortion was already accepted before Roe v. Wade. Every woman knew "someone who could take care of that" when they got unexpectedly pregnant. Even the "back alley" abortion was a bit of an exageration, most abortions were performed in doctor's offices.

All they did was legalize what was already happening by overturning unworkable laws.

Now, just because the Republicans have got you religious whacks voting against your own economic interests by keeping you really mad about abortion doesn't mean that the rest of the world hasn't already moved on...

And thus it will be with gay marriage. Except the GOP isn't even standing and fighting on that one. They just want to throw the religo-nuts under the bus on that one.

If abortion was already accepted before Roe, there wouldn't be a single abortion case today. There wouldn't be one anti abortion protest. The issue wasn't settled by the Roe decision. It's still being fought and abortion is opposed by more today than was opposed the day Roe was passed!

If abortion or same sex marriage is supported by the majority, there need be no Supreme Court decision. It would be decided legislatively with the full support of the voting majority, not by manipulated polls because we don't have legislation by polls.

The GOP isn't standing a taking it to the mat because this is not an issue to go to the mat over. Republicans know that this isn't going to end with a supreme court decision. Best result, it ends up like Roe, litigated forevermore. Worse result, it ends like the other failure, court ordered integration.

The legislators already did, that's the point of the Prop 8 case. You cannot take away rights already granted.

The Supreme Court made interracial marriage legal despite public opinion being overwhelmingly against it. Should they have waited until the 1990s?

If they are smart, the sooner the better.

[

If abortion was already accepted before Roe, there wouldn't be a single abortion case today. There wouldn't be one anti abortion protest. The issue wasn't settled by the Roe decision. It's still being fought and abortion is opposed by more today than was opposed the day Roe was passed!

I know you really, really need to tell yourself that. But Abortion will always be legal in this country and there ain't shit you can do about it. Suck it.

If abortion or same sex marriage is supported by the majority, there need be no Supreme Court decision. It would be decided legislatively with the full support of the voting majority, not by manipulated polls because we don't have legislation by polls.

Actually, the states were already legalizing aboriton on their own before Roe, and 10 states have legalized gay marriage so far. All a court decision does is save us time getting to where we were going to start with.

[
The GOP isn't standing a taking it to the mat because this is not an issue to go to the mat over. Republicans know that this isn't going to end with a supreme court decision. Best result, it ends up like Roe, litigated forevermore. Worse result, it ends like the other failure, court ordered integration.

Ummm... actually, court ordered integration has worked just fine. I look to my left and see a black woman at work on my right and an Asian woman on my right, and frankly, that'd have never happened 50 years ago.

The legislators already did, that's the point of the Prop 8 case. You cannot take away rights already granted.

The Supreme Court made interracial marriage legal despite public opinion being overwhelmingly against it. Should they have waited until the 1990s?

Race is not Analagous to Sexual Deviancy.

:)

peace...

yeah I want liberal economics and a gigantic government......suuuuure

Forum List

Back