Support for Gay Marriage Outweighs Opposition in Polls

I'm thinking that for every vote that goes to the Democrats over the gay marriage issue, 2 or 3 will go Republican. There are still a hell of a lot more Christians than homosexuals in this country.

Not that I agree with your Premise that Only Gays will support this.

Just wanted to point out that A recent Poll found that Americans have a seriously Inflated idea of how Many Gay people there are.

The Average response was 25% when in Fact less than 3% are.

A direct Result of Hollywood and other Media pushing the idea that everyone has a Gay Friend, and gays are all over the place by the Millions. In their Noble Attempt to make people accept it, they have falsely Convinced Millions of Americans that there are roughly 10 times as many Gay people in American, than there really are.

Last edited:
I think the 'support' in polls depends on how it is stated... I think you will find many libertarians and conservatives supporting it if you are stating that people should be with whomever they want, get government out of the nitty gritty of marriage, and recognize family units for the contracts that they are and have every family unit recognized by government with the same benefits of power of attorney, taxation, inheritance, etc..... but if you try and mandate or legislate acceptance, keep government huge in 'marriage' etc, you would get lesser support

Marriage is a civil right and has been forever. Churches and religions have no more authority than is "granted them by the state".

Churches can refuse to marry anyone. Many churches have traditionally refused to recognize marriages from other faiths.

Please tell me how gay marriage affects the quality of your marriage. It doesn't.

Gay equality is the civil rights cause of this century. It will probably be just as horrific and disgusting as the last century's battle.

Look! I don't care who you sleep with, who inherits your money or who gets to be your power of attorney. Sign a civil union contract and get on with your life.
Just don't call it marriage. A marriage is the union of one man and one woman.
You do yourselves more harm than good with your activism. Your gay pride days and protests gain you resentment from people inconvenienced or disgusted by your vulgar displays much the same as the race pimps prolong racial resentment with their demands for special treatment.

Another losing battle for you righties: Support for Gay Marriage Outweighs Opposition in Polls

Support for Gay Marriage Outweighs Opposition in Polls - NYTimes.com

And yet in every State that has it on the ballet it loses. And the Courts step in to thwart the will of the people. Go figure.

And Yet...everytime it goes to a vote, it loses by a smaller margin...and the out of state opposition has to spent millions more in their lies.

Last edited:
This isn't at all about the morality of ending slavery. The poll is the untruth that support for same sex marriage is on the rise and as the elections continually show, it isn't.

Support for same-sex marriage is without a doubt on the rise. Are you trying to tell us that if you were to poll the population in 1950 about what they thought about two guys marrying, and pull the population today about two guys marrying, that the 1950's crowd would be more accepting? Don't think so.

How about this; let's all focus on ending hunger, war, and poverty, and THEN (once those problems are solved) we can debate about whether or not gay marriage will adversely affect your life in some sort of immeasurable abstract way. Until then, get over it and focus on your own marriage vs that of your neighbor.

Last edited:
Let's remember...we couldn't even get an up vote on the ERA....which said this:

Section 1. Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Section 3. This amendment shall take effect two years after the date of ratification

I'm thinking that for every vote that goes to the Democrats over the gay marriage issue, 2 or 3 will go Republican. There are still a hell of a lot more Christians than homosexuals in this country.

Not that I agree with your Premise that Only Gays will support this.

Just wanted to point out that A recent Poll found that Americans have a seriously Inflated idea of how Many Gay people there are.

The Average response was 25% when in Fact less than 3% are.

A direct Result of Hollywood and other Media pushing the idea that everyone has a Gay Friend, and gays are all over the place by the Millions. In their Noble Attempt to make people accept it, they have falsely Convinced Millions of Americans that there are roughly 10 times as many Gay people in American, than there really are.

I didn't make that premise at all. One need look no further than voting on gay marriage proposals to see how little support there is for it. Couple that with some resentment over the methods gays use to push their agenda, and gay marriage is a loser for the left.

Of course young people are going to support same sex marriage. They go to homosexual madrasses known as public schools where they are indoctrinated. We have a mass media doing its own indoctrination. In supporting same sex marriage the schools are no different than the schools in Gaza that tell children to behead Jews and infidels. Or television shows in the middle east where the hero fights and eventually kills the evil Christians.

They certainly ended up with a population where 98% hates Jews and Christians.

Another losing battle for you righties: Support for Gay Marriage Outweighs Opposition in Polls

It's only in those annoying things called elections that a majority of people reject it every time.

Just like those annoying elections that never got rid of segregation. Oh, wait....and slavery.

yeah slavery was ended by WAR....you know that thing that liberals say never solves anything?

And yet in every State that has it on the ballet it loses. And the Courts step in to thwart the will of the people. Go figure.

And Yet...everytime it goes to a vote, it loses by a smaller margin...and the out of state opposition has to spent millions more in their lies.

yeah we need more sexual perversions, man I cant wait until a time where NAMBLA is a legitimate part of the Democratic party, man that will be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course young people are going to support same sex marriage. They go to homosexual madrasses known as public schools where they are indoctrinated. We have a mass media doing its own indoctrination. In supporting same sex marriage the schools are no different than the schools in Gaza that tell children to behead Jews and infidels. Or television shows in the middle east where the hero fights and eventually kills the evil Christians.

They certainly ended up with a population where 98% hates Jews and Christians.

Yes, Katz, encouraging the population to be accepting of diversity and interpersonal differences is EXACTLY like encouraging the population to "behead Jews and infidels". Give me a break.

And really? You're going to compare the social progressives to the radical Islamic psychos? I think you're pointing the finger in the completely wrong direction.

YOU (the Authoritarian Christian) are the one who is teaching your children that a certain group within the society is bad, perverted (just like the radical Islamic clerics teaching their worshipers that the Jews are evil). YOU (the Authoritarian Christian) are the one who is teaching your children that life can only be lived in a single acceptable fashion; all others are 'straying' from the path of God (just like the radical Islamic clerics).

In contrast...

My side (social progressives) teaches our children to be accepting of all walks of life and all practices so long as they are not hurting others.

What side are you on?

Last edited:
It's only in those annoying things called elections that a majority of people reject it every time.

Just like those annoying elections that never got rid of segregation. Oh, wait....and slavery.

Umm, You might want to re-read History. It took much more than an election to end Slavery. It took a war, and it took Lincoln Abusing the Constitution, as the SCOTUS later said he did.

Had we had to wait on the Ballot Box to end slavery it would have taken a much longer time.

That is debatable, though you are probably right.
Since the 1790s, abolitionists had been demanding that the United States put an end to its international slave trade. The Pennsylvania Abolition Society, the Quakers in New York, and other organizations presented anti-slave trade memorials to Congress. In January 1800, free black people in Philadelphia petitioned Congress to end the trade. In the meantime, though, the cotton boom spurred slaves imported from Africa: 20,000 came to Georgia and South Carolina in 1803 alone. Finally, on January 1, 1808, Congress did officially ban the international slave trade, a right granted it under the terms of the U.S. Constitution. Black communities throughout the country celebrated the long-awaited event. Absalom Jones gave a sermon at Philadelphia's African Church, commemorating the day as one of thanksgiving. Even following the ban, however, an illegal international slave trade continued.

• Jones's sermon on the abolition of the international slave trade

The cotton boom and the resulting demand for slaves brought increased danger for northern free blacks: the possibility of being kidnapped and sold into slavery in the South. The practice of kidnapping was frighteningly widespread. The 1793 Fugitive Slave Act enabled any white person to claim a black person as a fugitive, unless another white person testified otherwise. Blacks were not allowed to testify against whites in court according to southern law. Absalom Jones petitioned Congress for the protection of free blacks, to no avail. Children were highly vulnerable to kidnapping rings. Often indentured and living away from their parents, they could disappear without anyone noticing, since their employers assumed they had gone to their families. And since children changed so much as they grew, there was little likelihood of their being recognized and rescued after years of slavery. Many southern slaveowners took a "no questions asked" approach to purchasing slaves. Kidnapped free blacks joined the slaves who had been imported into the lower South, where they were work conditions were difficult and unhealthy.

• Kidnapping in Pennsylvania
• Kidnapping a Free Negro to be sold into Slavery
• Petition of the People of Color . . . Philadelphia
• The Author noting down the narratives...
• A Slave is Tortured

The spread of slavery westward led to bitter debate in Congress, as new states entering the Union could tip the balance between proslavery and free voting blocs. The Missouri Compromise of 1820 resolved a crisis over the admission of Missouri as a slave state, and for a while, established a boundary for slave lands westward across the Louisiana purchase territories. But as the century progressed, the spirit of compromise would prove increasingly fragile.

• List & Inventory of Negroes...
• The Missouri Compromise

Africans in America| Part 3 | Narrative: Growth and Entrenchment of Slavery

yeah we need more sexual perversions, man I cant wait until a time where NAMBLA is a legitimate part of the Democratic party, man that will be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying that Democrats support NAMBLA?

Only a party of Totalitarians would suggest that the government should regulate private sexual activities between two consenting adults...

Only a party of Totalitarians would suggest that the government should regulate private sexual activities between two consenting adults...

Or ten consenting adults, for that matter.

Or ten consenting adults, for that matter.

Group-sex about as American as you can get.

You know what? You gay people are not the fucking center of the universe! We have bigger problems than whether Gays can pretend to be normal.

I don't care if gays want to pretend they are normal. When they want ME to pretend they're normal, that's a different story.

Forum List

Back