Support for Gay Marriage Outweighs Opposition in Polls

I think the 'support' in polls depends on how it is stated... I think you will find many libertarians and conservatives supporting it if you are stating that people should be with whomever they want, get government out of the nitty gritty of marriage, and recognize family units for the contracts that they are and have every family unit recognized by government with the same benefits of power of attorney, taxation, inheritance, etc..... but if you try and mandate or legislate acceptance, keep government huge in 'marriage' etc, you would get lesser support

Another losing battle for you righties: Support for Gay Marriage Outweighs Opposition in Polls

Support for Gay Marriage Outweighs Opposition in Polls - NYTimes.com

It's only in those annoying things called elections that a majority of people reject it every time.

Just like those annoying elections that never got rid of segregation. Oh, wait....and slavery.

You are mistaken. Slavery was abolished through the normal legislative and constitutional process, not through polls.

Another losing battle for you righties: Support for Gay Marriage Outweighs Opposition in Polls

Support for Gay Marriage Outweighs Opposition in Polls - NYTimes.com

It's only in those annoying things called elections that a majority of people reject it every time.

Just like those annoying elections that never got rid of segregation. Oh, wait....and slavery.

You are mistaken. Slavery was abolished through the normal legislative and constitutional process. Not through "polls".

Our Country is as stake.. Queers shouldn't be part of the equation.

What gets me is that most of the people with this attitude are talking about someone in their own family. They don't just sprout in NYC or SF, you know. They're coming out of the heartland or should I say "driven out"?

Umm, You might want to re-read History. It took much more than an election to end Slavery. It took a war, and it took Lincoln Abusing the Constitution, as the SCOTUS later said he did.

Had we had to wait on the Ballot Box to end slavery it would have taken a much longer time.

But the GOP is still hell bent on defending DOMA (at great cost to the taxpayers).

Boehner appeals DOMA cases to Supreme Court

You mean the same Court that just upheld Obamacare, and shot down the AZ immigration bill? Lucky for him this happening now, and not at the beginning of the year. A third political case going in Obama's favor could have been devastating to the GOP come November.

I'm wondering if the court will even recognize the House as having standing.

Umm, You might want to re-read History. It took much more than an election to end Slavery. It took a war, and it took Lincoln Abusing the Constitution, as the SCOTUS later said he did.

Had we had to wait on the Ballot Box to end slavery it would have taken a much longer time.

Psst, I think that was the point....

This isn't at all about the morality of ending slavery. The poll is the untruth that support for same sex marriage is on the rise and as the elections continually show, it isn't.

The battle for same sex marriage isn't over and the one for polygamy has already started with California considering on whether or not children can be the legal child of more than two parents.

California Children Could Have More Than 2 Parents Under Bill « CBS San Francisco

It's for the children. Surely no one would object to the parents of children being married. No matter how many parents there are.

I think the 'support' in polls depends on how it is stated... I think you will find many libertarians and conservatives supporting it if you are stating that people should be with whomever they want, get government out of the nitty gritty of marriage, and recognize family units for the contracts that they are and have every family unit recognized by government with the same benefits of power of attorney, taxation, inheritance, etc..... but if you try and mandate or legislate acceptance, keep government huge in 'marriage' etc, you would get lesser support

Marriage is a civil right and has been forever. Churches and religions have no more authority than is "granted them by the state".

Churches can refuse to marry anyone. Many churches have traditionally refused to recognize marriages from other faiths.

Please tell me how gay marriage affects the quality of your marriage. It doesn't.

Gay equality is the civil rights cause of this century. It will probably be just as horrific and disgusting as the last century's battle.

I'm thinking that for every vote that goes to the Democrats over the gay marriage issue, 2 or 3 will go Republican. There are still a hell of a lot more Christians than homosexuals in this country.

Forum List

Back