Sunni thinks his wife is property

If money is paid to the bride, it is for security of the woman once they get divorced.But in most cases money isn't paid and at wedding ceremony the woman is given 24 Carat Gold in all forms.

Male's family side gives most of Gold to the woman. Guests also give small amount of Gold, but generally they tend to give money.
After wedding, all gold is given to woman and money is given to "new family" (includes the male).

A wedding has at least 500 guests.

So you go into the marriage already planning for the divorce.

Seems that's one way that Islam is americanized lol.

Christians find it hard to understand the dedication that Muslims have to Islam.

I was a Christian for many years and went to church. Most of the Christians that I knew did what they wanted to during the week. Saturday night they went out partying and then showed up to church on Sunday morning. Most knew what the Bible said but generally did their own thing.

Basically, Christianity is a one half day per week religion.

Islam on the other hand is a 24/7 religion.

You pray five times per day.

Attendance at the Mosque is mandatory for certain functions.

Your house and marriage plus the raising of kids follows Islamic guidelines.

The mosque is the focal point for most social events.

The religion is your life and your life is the religion. :cool:

so sunni you are in need of a lot of external containment?

myself, i rely pretty much on internal containment.....my values and moral are within me...i do not need a church or gathering to booster my beliefs...i sure the hell dont need a rigid religion that governs my thoughts and actions 24/7

Even the Bible says: "that every man thinks he is right in his own mind"

What you call containment we call freedom.

No matter what culture or society you live in there are boundaries and guidelines.

We live within Islamic rules and laws set forth by God.

And are quite happy with the restraints on certain aspects of human nature that defines our lives and religion.

Christians find it hard to understand the dedication that Muslims have to Islam.

I was a Christian for many years and went to church. Most of the Christians that I knew did what they wanted to during the week. Saturday night they went out partying and then showed up to church on Sunday morning. Most knew what the Bible said but generally did their own thing.

Do you go around killing infidels, as Allah commands you in the Quran?

You did not answer my question about the penalty for premarital sex.

But if we are to take you at your word, that "religion is your life and your life is the religion", then we can agree that there are no moderate Muslims. I know you have said this, but I think it bears repeating.

Most Americans are "moderate" in their beliefs - be it religion, politics, values, etc. and are tolerant towards those who are different. Islam - not so much. And that is why we cannot have Sharia in the U.S. It is the antithesis of our American ideal of liberty.

But if we are to take you at your word, that "religion is your life and your life is the religion", then we can agree that there are no moderate Muslims. I know you have said this, but I think it bears repeating.

Most Americans are "moderate" in their beliefs - be it religion, politics, values, etc. and are tolerant towards those who are different. Islam - not so much. And that is why we cannot have Sharia in the U.S. It is the antithesis of our American ideal of liberty.

Well he's wrong, most muslims are moderate, including Sunni Man.

If he weren't a moderate he would ignore US law, follow only the Quran, and he would've been jailed long ago for doing what the Quran commands of him.

Last edited:

I was
a Christian for many years and went to church. Most of the Christians that I knew did what they wanted to during the week. Saturday night they went out partying and then showed up to church on Sunday morning. Most knew what the Bible said but generally did their own thing.

If he weren't a moderate he would ignore US law, follow only the Quran, and he would've been jailed long ago for doing what the Quran commands of him.

Dr. Drock - I did not make that up. Ask sunni man.

Yes you did make that up.

I have stated before on several threads that I consider myself a moderate.

But in your mind because I follow the Quran it makes me an extremist.

Would you call a Christian who attends church regularly and believes and strives to do what the Bible says an extremist?

culture and society only have so much effect on my boundaries....i would not go to a dog fight because its legal in the country i am in....what you have are situational ethics.....

I'm not concerned about his words, his actions would've left him in jail if only followed the Quran including times that it went against US law.

Most gods man has thought up have commanded their followers to do things that would break todays US laws, so about 99% of followers of those religions are moderates.

One argument though is which contradiction to take more seriously, the one that says to kill non-believers, or the one that says killing is one of the worst things a person can do. Both the Quran and the Bible contain such contradictions.

culture and society only have so much effect on my boundaries....i would not go to a dog fight because its legal in the country i am in....what you have are situational ethics.....

I do understand where you're coming from.

Especially in your part of the country where everything is relative.

Even boyfriends and girlfriends :eusa_angel:

Baloney. You have stated on more than one occasion that the term "moderate" is a western invention. When I have more time, I will prove you wrong.

I have NEVER stated that you support terrorism. Is that your definition of "moderate"?

A Christian who supports the criminalization of homosexualituy, advocates a different justice system, and tries to spread their faith 24/7 is a religious extremist. No matter what church they belong to.

Forum List

Back