Atlanta property owner is left exasperated after THIRTY squatters take over his land - with one freeloader even suing him for $190,000

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
These squatters & their so called rights, have gotten out of hand. Personally, I think the local and state government aren't doing anything because once a squatter finds a place to squat, they're not considered homeless. Therefore, it reduces their homeless rates.
None the less, property owners lose the right to their property.

Atlanta property owner is left exasperated after THIRTY squatters take over his land - with one freeloader even suing him for $190,000 - as he begs for them to leave so he can build affordable housing

An Atlanta property owner says he is at his wits' end with the people who have been living on his land for years without his permission.

David Morris, who now resides in California, says squatters have been living on his property in southeast Atlanta since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, and it's been an uphill battle getting them to move elsewhere.

While there was once as many as 30 unwanted occupants living on his property, the number Morris is dealing with today is eight.

David Perrie, his attorney, said Morris was granted a Writ of Possession last week.

The court order is one a landlord must obtain when seeking to terminate a tenant's right to possession when the tenant refuses to vacate the premises.

Fuck the courts hire some goons to take care of the problem.

Proof of ownership and a trespass request from the property owner, should be enough for the cops to either remove the squatters or have them jailed.

Trespassing is still against the law. But it's not enforced unless the place is a business. This is what makes me think there's more to squatters rights than just squatters rights. There's a reason why the local & state justice system isn't trespassing these squatters.

Proof of ownership and a trespass request from the property owner, should be enough for the cops to either remove the squatters or have them jailed.

Trespassing is still against the law. But it's not enforced unless the place is a business. This is what makes me think there's more to squatters rights than just squatters rights. There's a reason why the local & state justice system isn't trespassing these squatters.
You can't trust the cops.

These squatters & their so called rights, have gotten out of hand. Personally, I think the local and state government aren't doing anything because once a squatter finds a place to squat, they're not considered homeless. Therefore, it reduces their homeless rates.

Atlanta property owner is left exasperated after THIRTY squatters take over his land - with one freeloader even suing him for $190,000 - as he begs for them to leave so he can build affordable housing

An Atlanta property owner says he is at his wits' end with the people who have been living on his land for years without his permission.

David Morris, who now resides in California, says squatters have been living on his property in southeast Atlanta since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, and it's been an uphill battle getting them to move elsewhere.

While there was once as many as 30 unwanted occupants living on his property, the number Morris is dealing with today is eight.

David Perrie, his attorney, said Morris was granted a Writ of Possession last week.

The court order is one a landlord must obtain when seeking to terminate a tenant's right to possession when the tenant refuses to vacate the premises.
This is a problem in every state and needs to be changed. Way back in the day when I was still surveying. Two types of jobs I would run from and not just walk away were adverse possession and flood certs. Easy to get mired in a mess and not get payed. I never understood why there were not better ownership rights. I was floored by the amount of adverse possession cases there were. I am always extremely careful who I let in my home. If they are invited in they can be very difficult to get rid of.

Just reading this morning that there are 21 states that allow squatters rights after a period to time the house is vacant or taxes not paid and Georgia is one of those. Each state has a differrent time period. The state legislatures have to change the law. But moon is right, hire a bunch of goons.

Good! While Georgia is basically red, it would be nice to turn Atlanta red too. Leftists are starting to make this easy.

Just reading this morning that there are 21 states that allow squatters rights after a period to time the house is vacant or taxes not paid and Georgia is one of those. Each state has a differrent time period. The state legislatures have to change the law. But moon is right, hire a bunch of goons.
I have had to show a little cray-cray in my neck of the woods and streets to let them know not to mess with me or what's mine.

I got a good idea.

Go to the inner city, hire a few thugs, and tell them they'll get paid $100 when they remove the squatters.

There's still trespass laws that could be enforced.

Too easy for landlords to abuse ... remember, 95% of these f*ckers are evil bastards who deserve death by slow torture ... landlords are the enemy and squatters need our protection ... just what kind of Christian are you? ...

In Oregon ... squatters get a 24 hour notice ... then a court case is filed ... the landlord gets to hire a sheriff deputy for civil service of the complaint ... hopefully, this squatter has a warrant out and the deputy will simply arrest him and the case is now moot ... otherwise, the case is docketed in seven days and landlord gets his judgement ... back to the sheriff's office and they have 96 hours to remove the squatter with all due force ...

Landlord loses two weeks rent ... meh ... just raise rent on the next tenant, shouldn't cost the landlord a penny ... in fact ... squatters are a great opportunity to increase profits ... for all damages real and imagined ... just take it out on the next tenant ... and don't forget to double charge tenants for added margins ...

Never leave a house vacant ... ever ...

Forum List

Back