Sunni thinks his wife is property

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
So, in another thread, Sunni calls his wife a possession and his property.

Anyone else think this way?

Any Muslims want to confirm or deny this sentiment?

There is nothing in Islam against having nice things.

But there is a restriction as to the type of metal that men and women wear.

Men can only wear "silver" rings, watches, chains, etc.

Where as, "gold" jewlery is only worn by women.
Why? What's the reasoning Sunni?

As with all things in Islam. There is a separation of the genders. Gold is the most expensive and prices of all metals. Thus it is reserved for our most precious property; our wives. Underneath those abayas and burqas that the Muslim women wear. Are long strands of gold chains and gold coins. They are presents given to the Muslim woman by her husband as a sign of respect and love. Many times weighing several pounds.

Another prohibition is silk. Only Muslim women wear articles made of silk cloth. It is forbidden for a Muslim man to wear any form of silk apparel. I wear suits sometimes and it is difficult to find men's neck ties not made out of silk. They are available made out of other materials but the selection is very limited.
Thus it is reserved for our most precious property; our wives.
And the mask slips completely off.
:lol:

"Property".

"Property".

Most men in the West refer to their spouse as "my wife" ?

Doesn't the word "my" denote exclusive ownership?
:cuckoo:

My state (well, commonwealth) is Virginia. I don't own it. I certainly don't call it my my precious 'property', either.

And the mask slips completely off.

"Property".
Yep. Disgusting, isn't it?

"Property".

Most men in the West refer to their spouse as "my wife" ?

Doesn't the word "my" denote exclusive ownership?

No. Marriage is a partnership.

A man's wife is his most treasured possession.

Much more then his house or car or anything else. :cool:
Wives are not property, neanderthal.

Wives are not property, neanderthal.
This thread is about wristwatches .

If you wish to discuss how your wife has made you PW

Then start a thread and I will post on it. :cool:
I'm not a dyke, so I don't have a wife.

And PW, as far as I know, is an abbreviation for 'password'. I have no idea what you are abbreviating with PW.

And, I will take you up on that.

Last edited:
Sunni once offered to make me one of his wives, to dress me in fine silks and drape me in gold. I told him that I'd end up killing him while he slept. :lol:

Having said that, I like Sunni, and I think he loves and respects his wife, and I don't think that his perspective is all that different from many men who are not Islamic. My southern baptist ex-husband definitely thought I was his property.

He's an anti-semite who believes that Jews should be rounded up from around the world and made to live on an island somewhere.... for their own protection. He wants Shariah law to be the law of the land in the USA. And he treats women as property.

Yea, he's a real sweetie. If you like anti-semitic, misogynistic, unAmerican little shits.

Sunni once offered to make me one of his wives, to dress me in fine silks and drape me in gold. I told him that I'd end up killing him while he slept. :lol:

Having said that, I like Sunni, and I think he loves and respects his wife, and I don't think that his perspective is all that different from many men who are not Islamic. My southern baptist ex-husband definitely thought I was his property.

That makes him kind of an asshole. (probably the reason for the "ex.")

If I had a wife I can't concive of thinking of her as property, the concept just eludes me.

Let's be fair guys, did he mean like California oceanfront property or like inner city Detroit property?

He's an anti-semite who believes that Jews should be rounded up from around the world and made to live on an island somewhere.... for their own protection. He wants Shariah law to be the law of the land in the USA. And he treats women as property.

Yea, he's a real sweetie. If you like anti-semitic, misogynistic, unAmerican little shits.

Sunni's wife, if you'd ever taken the time to ask, is highly educated. I think she's a physician who currently practices medicine. I doubt she'd hold to him treating her like a possession. I suspect she'd slit his throat. She's from Africa, and homey don't play that shit.

I'm sure that Sunni would like to see Shariah law instituted in the U.S., no moreso than many fundamentalist Christians would like to see the Bible be the law of the U.S. Neither of these groups are likely to get their way, anytime soon, for which I'm thankful.

I've known Sunni for years, on a couple of different boards. I've ridden his ass hard on a variety of subjects, but I wouldn't call him an America-hater. Nor is he truly misogynistic. He talks a good game, but like many men who talk a good game, I suspect that his wife is fairly forceful in person.

Sunni's always liked me, I think that's because he secretly enjoys strong women with opinions who will stand up to him.

Last edited:
That makes him kind of an asshole. (probably the reason for the "ex.")

If I had a wife I can't concive of thinking of her as property, the concept just eludes me.

Kind of an asshole, but not a unique sort of asshole. I suspect that if you queried average American guys, while they might not use the term "property," they do in fact believe that their wife is a possession that belongs to them.

And to be brutally honest, I love and adore my boyfriend, but I can be fairly possessive. If he took up with another woman, there'd be hell to pay.

Sunni's wife, if you'd ever taken the time to ask, is highly educated. I think she's a physician who currently practices medicine. I doubt she'd hold to him treating her like a possession. I suspect she'd slit his throat. She's from Africa, and homey don't play that shit.

I'm sure that Sunni would like to see Shariah law instituted in the U.S., no moreso than many fundamentalist Christians would like to see the Bible be the law of the U.S. Neither of these groups are likely to get their way, anytime soon, for which I'm thankful.

I've known Sunni for years, on a couple of different boards. I've ridden his ass hard on a variety of subjects, but I wouldn't call him an America-hater. Nor is he truly misogynistic. He talks a good game, but like many men who talk a good game, I suspect that his wife is fairly forceful in person.
Meh, I go with his words. And, words that he confirms.

He thinks of his wife as property. Irrespective of what his wife is, that is his mentality. He also calls himself a good Muslim.

Kind of an asshole, but not a unique sort of asshole. I suspect that if you queried average American guys, while they might not use the term "property," they do in fact believe that their wife is a possession that belongs to them.

A possession/property, no... but there are still some of us in the younger generations who do harken back to the older, more traditional views on gender roles and relationships. It's probably one of the main reasons that I am single and will likely remain that way for the rest of my life.

Now, you'll try to tell us he really didn't call his wife property and a possession.

I am familiar with his initial quote, I read the thread. But I also have enough context about Sunni to not rush to judgement about him simply because he's a muslim male.

I've often felt that my children are the most precious thing in my life, and have accidentally slipped to say that they are the most precious possession I own. Do you think that I think they are property? Sometimes, it is difficult to convey such sentiments in words without sounding like you are objectifying someone.

Si isn't judging him for being a 'Muslim male', she judges him on his attitude towards women.... and Jews. However, if you prefer to kowtow to those people, rather than to stand up for what is right, if you are so afraid of being labelled anti-Muslim that you'll support anti-semitism, that's your right. Makes you an ass though.

Now, you'll try to tell us he really didn't call his wife property and a possession.

I am familiar with his initial quote, I read the thread. But I also have enough context about Sunni to not rush to judgement about him simply because he's a muslim male.

I've often felt that my children are the most precious thing in my life, and have accidentally slipped to say that they are the most precious possession I own. Do you think that I think they are property? Sometimes, it is difficult to convey such sentiments in words without sounding like you are objectifying someone.

Si isn't judging him for being a 'Muslim male', she judges him on his attitude towards women.... and Jews. However, if you prefer to kowtow to those people, rather than to stand up for what is right, if you are so afraid of being labelled anti-Muslim that you'll support anti-semitism, that's your right. Makes you an ass though.
Pretty much.

I'm surprised it's not posting in blue.

A possession/property, no... but there are still some of us in the younger generations who do harken back to the older, more traditional views on gender roles and relationships. It's probably one of the main reasons that I am single and will likely remain that way for the rest of my life.

I am not much of a traditionalist, but I do believe in absolute fidelity between partners. My partner belongs to me, in a sense, and I belong to him as well. There are parts of me that no one else gets to see.

Where it becomes annoying is when a romantic partner starts putting limits on you, where you can go, what you can wear, what job you can do. In essence, some men treat a woman like a beautiful but useless object to be placed on a shelf. Not like a real person, at all. However, while I know Sunni sees his wife as something precious and beautiful that belongs to him alone, she is also a woman who has a well-respected professional career, and he respects her for being so well-educated, intelligent, and capable. That's not really treating her like property, in my book.

I've never been a fan of one person putting limits on another in a relationship whatsoever. You put limits on yourself, then it's up to your partner to trust you to stay within your own limits.

If those limits you've set for yourself aren't enough for your partner to not feel insecure in himself/herself, then it's probably not going to work anyways.

I am not much of a traditionalist, but I do believe in absolute fidelity between partners. My partner belongs to me, in a sense, and I belong to him as well. There are parts of me that no one else gets to see.

I am VERY MUCH the traditionalist. It's the way I was raised and it's become even more part of me as I've moved into my own life. I do commend you for your belief in fidelity. That's something we don't see enough of these days in society.

Where it becomes annoying is when a romantic partner starts putting limits on you, where you can go, what you can wear, what job you can do. In essence, some men treat a woman like a beautiful but useless object to be placed on a shelf. Not like a real person, at all.

In my mind it's not the partners who place the limitations on each other but rather society and the traditional morals/values that I believe in. A Man cannot be a woman. Nor can a woman be a Man. That's just the natural order of things. When we mess with the natural order, things go badly. It's just that simple.

Most women are looking for a man who will sweep them off their feet.

Respect them and value their opinions.

Protect them and provide comfort for them in times of need.

And realize that the key to a woman's heart is through her intellect not her physical attractions.

But when it's all said and done; a true man will be the one to make the final decision on many issues.

Because secretly all women like a take charge type of Man.

It's just the natural way that women and men are programed by nature. :cool:

And realize that the key to a woman's heart is through her intellect not her physical attractions.

But when it's all said and done; a true man will be the one to make the final decision on many issues.

That's what all women want, eh?

And remember, if a woman doesn't like being owned, her husband is pussy-whipped.

Right, Sunni?

Forum List

Back