Zone1 Suicide leaves me with no words of comfort to say

Exactly the evidence that oxygen exists in no way depends on who is looking.

You said it depends who is looking for evidence of a god's mercy to exist it either exists or it doesn't and there is no evidence of any merciful gods
We need not rely on you for an explanation of God's mercy.

I'm Catholic. My Church teaches that suicide is a mortal sin. Since a suicide does not have the opportunity to repent, a suicide goes to hell.
That’s a red flag right there. Why in the world would you subscribe to a faith that teaches such horrible things?

When you prove God does not exist then I can listen to you. Right now, you admit you don't know.

I don't have to prove something doesn't exist. Besides it is impossible to prove a negative anyway. It should be easy to prove if gods exist though and no one has done it.

I never said I was an atheist anyway.

Personally I don't know if any gods exist or not and I really don't care if gods exist or not. I have seen no evidence that the god of the bible exists. I think that IF gods exist that they are nothing like the god in the bible.

I don't have to prove something doesn't exist. Besides it is impossible to prove a negative anyway. It should be easy to prove if gods exist though and no one has done it.

I never said I was an atheist anyway.

Personally I don't know if any gods exist or not and I really don't care if gods exist or not. I have seen no evidence that the god of the bible exists. I think that IF gods exist that they are nothing like the god in the bible.
It does not matter what you think, only what you know. And you don't know that God does not exist, you only believe it.

A friend, who might have been more, killed herself a few months ago.

Recently, my daughter's friend killed himself.

In both situations, I had no words of comfort for those grieving the loss.

To the sister of the woman, I said, "I don't even know what to say."

To my daughter, I said, "I'm sorry."

I'm Catholic. My Church teaches that suicide is a mortal sin. Since a suicide does not have the opportunity to repent, a suicide goes to hell.

Some have told me that this could not possibly be true, God is merciful.

My mother killed herself when I was eighteen. I am plagued with visions of her in hell.

What do you think?

I'm not looking for answers from people who don't believe in God and think the notion of hell is silly.

I'm looking for answers from Christians.
Don't go where you're not invited.

It does not matter what you think, only what you know. And you don't know that God does not exist, you only believe it.
reread that post
I said I don't know if gods exist or if they don't and I don't care if they do or not.

I never said gods do not exist .

I agree. If in the space of the grieving, simply say, "I am sad for your loss," and keep your mouth shut the rest of the time.
People who commit suicide- cause great guilt and sadness to the ones left behind.
It's kind of a greedy thing to do. The folks left behind feel as tho they should have helped- done something. Very sad.

Fuck you. I'll post what I want when I want All I said was I have seen no evidence of any godly mercy and you got your giant panties in a twist.
Why so angry over a God who loves you than you don't believe in? Suicide should be an individual matter, and I personally disagree with the Catholics on the matter.

A friend, who might have been more, killed herself a few months ago.

Recently, my daughter's friend killed himself.

In both situations, I had no words of comfort for those grieving the loss.

To the sister of the woman, I said, "I don't even know what to say."

To my daughter, I said, "I'm sorry."

Some have told me that this could not possibly be true, God is merciful.

My mother killed herself when I was eighteen. I am plagued with visions of her in hell.

What do you think?

I'm not looking for answers from people who don't believe in God and think the notion of hell is silly.

I'm looking for answers from Christians.
I am only nominally Christian. So, feel free to gloss over this reply. But it is my understanding that most people who commit suicide have suffered from serious mental health issues, many probably not even recognized or diagnosed.

Are we supposed to believe that God eternally condemns the souls of those whose behavior reflects that they were so mentally injured that they found more comfort in death than in continuing to live?

I find that impossible to believe.

Why so angry over a God who loves you than you don't believe in? Suicide should be an individual matter, and I personally disagree with the Catholics on the matter.
Not angry

And once again you need to reread my post. Slow down and follow the words with your finger. You can even move your lips if you have to, no one will see.

I SAID that I don't know if gods exist or not and that I don't care if they do or not.. If a god revealed itself to me I would have to believe that at least that god did exist.

I still would not worship any gods though

Ad homs mean nothing, Blues Man. Suicide is an individual matter, and whether you believe in God or not is your business and adds nothing to the discussion.

Forum List

Back