Zone1 Suicide leaves me with no words of comfort to say

I don't believe I would do that. If I did, it would have been that God will not punish the suicide. It is the person's decision.
Calling God on the phone.? Being a wise guy. Fooling around.
I'm not really that religious.. Brought up Christian. Lutheran. But I played a BAD little game... I picked up the phone pretending -and called God. Why not ask The Big buy! No and it wasn't Biden.
My gripe was I needed money? whined. boo hoo- me?poor me!
Do you know two days later - I got a letter in the mail. From a man I didn't know. Have no clue how he got my address. He told me his wife was dying.. and she so luved to look at the things I made.
I got my answer Very fast- You BRAT! It humbled me.
so I left it with the thought- Do not mock what you don't understand. :) That is a true story!

Last edited:
Calling God on the phone.? Being a wise guy. Fooling around.
I'm not really that religious.. Brought up Christian. Lutheran. But I played a BAD little game... I picked up the phone pretending -and called God. Why not ask The Big buy! No and it wasn't Biden.
My gripe was I needed money? whined. boo hoo- me?poor me!
Do you know two days later - I got a letter in the mail. From a man I didn't know. Have no clue how he got my address. He told me his wife was dying.. and she so luved to look at the things I made.
I got my answer Very fast- You BRAT! It humbled me.
so I left it with the thought- Do not mock what you don't understand. :) That is a true story!
Superb.

A friend, who might have been more, killed herself a few months ago.

Recently, my daughter's friend killed himself.

In both situations, I had no words of comfort for those grieving the loss.

To the sister of the woman, I said, "I don't even know what to say."

To my daughter, I said, "I'm sorry."

I'm Catholic. My Church teaches that suicide is a mortal sin. Since a suicide does not have the opportunity to repent, a suicide goes to hell.

Some have told me that this could not possibly be true, God is merciful.

My mother killed herself when I was eighteen. I am plagued with visions of her in hell.

What do you think?

I'm not looking for answers from people who don't believe in God and think the notion of hell is silly.

I'm looking for answers from Christians.
LISTEN. PERIOD. LISTEN. DONT TALK. DONT GIVE ADVICE. LISTEN.

Forum List

Back