Zone1 Suicide leaves me with no words of comfort to say

Don't say that to all who vo!unteer for.combat. There are some degrees of selfisness but it is a matter of degrees.
They are volunteering for their own reasons. So they are still serving their own self interest in one way or another.

What exactly is hell? I don't really believe hell is a literal eternal fire where you spend eternity burning. I think hell is the eternal regret one can have for not choosing good over evil and foregoing the blessings one could have had had they made better decisions. One of the blessings of Jesus upon us all is that we all will resurrect and live eternally in a body of flesh and bones which I believe gives mankind a greater degree of joy. The righteous will receive all the blessings of the kingdom of heaven while those who are not allowed into the kingdom will live in a lower kingdom of glory. The extremely wicked will live in a place devoid of glory. As mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15:40-43 there are varying degrees of glory. The highest degree is a celestial glory. Then comes a terrestrial glory, then a telestial glory, and then those who receive no glory.

1 Corinthians 15:40-43
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

Based on our faithfulness and willingness to repent and become a good being and do good to ourselves and others, we are judged. Each of us will rise in the resurrection of the dead to a degree of glory based on God's judgement. We cannot receive a more fair judgment than from God himself. The good thing about God is he has blessed us all to resurrect to a certain degree of glory unless we are so wicked that we deserve no glory at all. Those who inherit a lower kingdom of glory will not be allowed to come to those in a higher kingdom of glory, however, those of a higher kingdom of glory will be able to visit those who are assigned to a lower kingdom of glory. All the kingdoms of glory will be greater than the glory we have in this world. There will be no death nor deterioration of our bodies in the worlds to come.

Doctrine and Covenants 76

That they do WB

all i can say is, it's your right to leave, just don't leave a bad 'last image' for those 'loved ones'.....~S~

there is an uptick during the holidays - my neighbors son committed suicide crismas morning ... a very loving kid who was just overwhelmed with living ... i think for him it was the right time obviously not for anyone else.

A friend, who might have been more, killed herself a few months ago.

Recently, my daughter's friend killed himself.

In both situations, I had no words of comfort for those grieving the loss.

To the sister of the woman, I said, "I don't even know what to say."

To my daughter, I said, "I'm sorry."

I'm Catholic. My Church teaches that suicide is a mortal sin. Since a suicide does not have the opportunity to repent, a suicide goes to hell.

Some have told me that this could not possibly be true, God is merciful.

My mother killed herself when I was eighteen. I am plagued with visions of her in hell.

What do you think?

I'm not looking for answers from people who don't believe in God and think the notion of hell is silly.

I'm looking for answers from Christians.
No real Christian is taught a literal hell, only blind guides that do not know God teach a literal place of eternal suffering. Gods justice scales alone prove its not literal but symbolic.

Catholics also believe that if a baby dies before it's baptized, it also goes to hell.

So I wouldn't really take what the catholic church preaches seriously.

1590387561_untitled-design-2020-05-25t114823.782.png

~S~

Forum List

Back