Suggestion - Israel forum with its sub-forum of I/P Conflict

Interesting.. Kinda like a 2 "forum" solution.. Wouldn't go for it with the Palestine Conflict as SUBforum tho.

Somehow would have to be structured to make "Israel forum" a "non-conflict" issues zone. Last thing we need is a NEW war zone to moderate. Any ideas how to do that?

Same with a Palestinian Forum..

List of issues/topics/news that would be discussed in a Palestine forum that are "non-conflict" and don't involve Israel?
Trouble is they are intertwined,

I don't think adding another forum would work - everyone would want their own country subforums and that would cause difficulties imo. I think an Israel only forum would turn into an anti-semitic flame zone and likewise with a Palestinian only forum given the nature of a number of folks.

We should honor all the Euro-sniveling about the 'dominance of American culture ruining European culture', and just make them all covered by the American forums; we wouldn't want to anger them by claiming they're full of crap, do we? That will leave plenty of room for an Israeli forum. An Israeli sub-forum is necessary so people can discuss Israeli issues without the clown car with the swastikas on the doors pulling up outside every single thread and unloading all those morons with the big feet and horrendous body odor and spamming endlessly.

Daniyel is right though - we do need to patrol IP more. The problem isn't that IP has a huge number of posters - it has a very dedicated group of posters who only post there and it gets a lot of activity. It also attracts people with extremely strong points of view on both sides and threads flare up into flaming with very little provocation.

How would you guys feel if we moved non-conflict threads out and then patroled the conflict threads a bit more strictly for a while?

This would mean too that we would need your help in reporting threads that don't belong so it brings it to our attention (it doesn't mean it will always be moved, we might not agree that it needs to) but it will alert us. We have some posters in Politics that do that and it's a big help.

Just a thought. :)

Might work, though obviously it probably would require more policing than a mod team would have time for?

Interesting.. Kinda like a 2 "forum" solution.. Wouldn't go for it with the Palestine Conflict as SUBforum tho.

Somehow would have to be structured to make "Israel forum" a "non-conflict" issues zone. Last thing we need is a NEW war zone to moderate. Any ideas how to do that?

List of issues/topics/news that would be discussed in a Palestine forum that are "non-conflict" and don't involve Israel?

Of course, that's the idea. I bet some will enter the board to try and hijack it, some people don't feel comfortable unless they do, but we can cross the bridge once we reach it.

Of course, that's the idea. I bet some will enter the board to try and hijack it, some people don't feel comfortable unless they do, but we can cross the bridge once we reach it.

I can see the difference and your reasoning. Can't yet see how to keep the peace. We could actually restrict folks from any forum. Creating a separate but equal ugly apartheid.. Not very satisfying.

Do Interest Groups still exist on this new Forum S/W? On the old forum -- we had essentially private rooms for interest groups that were "invite only"..

I don't think adding another forum would work - everyone would want their own country subforums and that would cause difficulties imo. I think an Israel only forum would turn into an anti-semitic flame zone and likewise with a Palestinian only forum given the nature of a number of folks.

We should honor all the Euro-sniveling about the 'dominance of American culture ruining European culture', and just make them all covered by the American forums; we wouldn't want to anger them by claiming they're full of crap, do we? That will leave plenty of room for an Israeli forum. An Israeli sub-forum is necessary so people can discuss Israeli issues without the clown car with the swastikas on the doors pulling up outside every single thread and unloading all those morons with the big feet and horrendous body odor and spamming endlessly.

An Israeli subforum would still have that - it would attract the anti-semites since much of their content has little to do with the actual conflict unless you want it to be a special protected forum. I don't understand what you mean by your first sentence.

Daniyel is right though - we do need to patrol IP more. The problem isn't that IP has a huge number of posters - it has a very dedicated group of posters who only post there and it gets a lot of activity. It also attracts people with extremely strong points of view on both sides and threads flare up into flaming with very little provocation.

How would you guys feel if we moved non-conflict threads out and then patroled the conflict threads a bit more strictly for a while?

This would mean too that we would need your help in reporting threads that don't belong so it brings it to our attention (it doesn't mean it will always be moved, we might not agree that it needs to) but it will alert us. We have some posters in Politics that do that and it's a big help.

Just a thought. :)

Might work, though obviously it probably would require more policing than a mod team would have time for?[/QUOTE]

It's been done before but it really helps to have folks willing to report violations. Unless we participate in them we don't read every thread looking for violations.

I can see the difference and your reasoning. Can't yet see how to keep the peace. We could actually restrict folks from any forum. Creating a separate but equal ugly apartheid.. Not very satisfying.

Do Interest Groups still exist on this new Forum S/W? On the old forum -- we had essentially private rooms for interest groups that were "invite only"..

Interesting question...I don't know but that could be a solution.

Another solution is - you guys might want to spread out a bit. Just for example, threads that have to do with fun stuff like holiday well wishing or - Lipush you once posted a thread with old family pictures - you could put those in the Lounge where it has the most strict moderation for trolling/flaming.

If we had an Israel forum - what would you see put in it?

What Daniyel said.

What Daniyel said.

Hi Lipush, I don't think we've been formally introduced as of yet. Anyways, as an aspiring chef, I'm trying to perfect my matzah bread recipe to cater to Israeli tourists to the midwest. Any suggestions on what ingredients to use? Yay or nay for including the blood of a gentile?

Thanks.

Roshan Nair-----the only NAIR (s) I know are indian hindus----
are you an indian hindu?-------I would be delighted with ----
HINDU/JEWISH fusion. cooking-----there is a restaurant in
Manhattan NY that bills itself "HINDU VEGETARIAN---and kosher too!!! " very popular with religious jews.
Some of the completely vegetarian hindus I have known in the past (like jains and some tamils) did not eat eggs------the dish
to which you refer----includes EGGS----kinda like matzoh French toast.. A Mumbai jew friend of mine did it with Indian style spices -----YUMMY. Kosher vegetarian is the CUISINE of the future -------EVERYONE CAN EAT IT. Blood is extremely optional-------as O approaches infinity

No, I'm not Hindu. Also, most Tamils aren't Vegetarian and Jains are not Hindus.

What Daniyel said.

What Daniyel said.

Hi Lipush, I don't think we've been formally introduced as of yet. Anyways, as an aspiring chef, I'm trying to perfect my matzah bread recipe to cater to Israeli tourists to the midwest. Any suggestions on what ingredients to use? Yay or nay for including the blood of a gentile?

Thanks.

Manhattan NY that bills itself "HINDU VEGETARIAN---and kosher too!!! " very popular with religious jews.
Some of the completely vegetarian hindus I have known in the past (like jains and some tamils) did not eat eggs------the dish
to which you refer----includes EGGS----kinda like matzoh French toast.. A Mumbai jew friend of mine did it with Indian style spices -----YUMMY. Kosher vegetarian is the CUISINE of the future -------EVERYONE CAN EAT IT. Blood is extremely optional-------as O approaches infinity

No, I'm not Hindu. Also, most Tamils aren't Vegetarian and Jains are not Hindus.

sheeesh-----you are touchy----you MUST BE A TAMIL-----I have known tamils
who were absolute vegetarians. I do not claim EXPERTISE in the subject

What Daniyel said.

What Daniyel said.

Thanks.

sheeesh-----you are touchy----you MUST BE A TAMIL-----I have known tamils
who were absolute vegetarians. I do not claim EXPERTISE in the subject

Lol, no! Sorry if I came off that way, Ma'am. I just wanted to input an FYI.

Forum List

Back