Stunned: The left is coming out against.....the FBI in Portland?

I want them to catch the guys with the real bombs, not just getting lucky because the fuses won't stay lit.

Color me unimpressed.

Yeah me too.

But how cool would it be if our FBI was good enough to catch the guys before they even got the real bomb assembled??? Then we wouldn't risk the chance they'd set it off before we could arrest them, or set it off as they're being arrested, thus killing our agents.

Oh, and our military is over there helping kill some of the scum that have more access to real bombs.

I think some folks are just pissed that the guy was a Muslim, yet again.

I want them to catch the guys with the real bombs, not just getting lucky because the fuses won't stay lit.

Color me unimpressed.

Yeah me too.

But how cool would it be if our FBI was good enough to catch the guys before they even got the real bomb assembled??? Then we wouldn't risk the chance they'd set it off before we could arrest them, or set it off as they're being arrested, thus killing our agents.

Oh, and our military is over there helping kill some of the scum that have more access to real bombs.

Yeah, the pompous ass mayor of Portland who suddenly has a mosque burning on his hands.

Yes, and the FBI giving kids fake bombs who could not otherwise get them is not "security."

The FBI got a tip from a bunch of his Muslim friends he was getting radical. That..and they saw him contacting people in the middle east.

I'd say they had enough to let the young man tie his own noose with..

Then why the drama with the fake bomb?

Because the charge is "Attempting to Use a WMD". So to show attempt in court, they must allow him the chance to actually attempt it, else the defense will say the muslim kid was never really serious and wouldn't have followed through with it. The fake bomb allowed him to "put his money where is mouth is" and actually attempt to use what he thought was a WMD.

Can't charge him with "attempting" to use a WMD unless he attempts it.

If they didn't do it that way, what would they charge him with? Nothing. His speech was protected under 1st amendment. He wasn't providing material support to any terror group. And the items he bought to assemble the bomb were all legal, because he BOUGHT them in civilian markets, so if he legally bought them, he was legally possessing them.

It's only when they were assembled into a fake bomb and he attempted to use it was the crime committed.

So, there ya go. Without the attempt, the feds had no case. Luckily, the moronic, sick, twisted, evil MUSLIM kid had 100% intent to kill people and we caught him before he could.

Color me unimpressed.

Yeah me too.

Yeah, the pompous ass mayor of Portland who suddenly has a mosque burning on his hands.

Yeah, he does.

And it's scary. Because the average American citizens will only take so much of this Islamic extremism in our backyards before they fight back. Not the feds or cops or military. Regular Joe Blow. Unfortunately, that mosque burning is a sign of that.

The Muslims better get their religion in check. All the other major religions over the years have gotten more peaceful, and reeled in and rooted out the violent radicals in theirs. Islam seems to be getting more violent and radical as history progresses though:eusa_eh:

The FBI got a tip from a bunch of his Muslim friends he was getting radical. That..and they saw him contacting people in the middle east.

Because the charge is "Attempting to Use a WMD". So to show attempt in court, they must allow him the chance to actually attempt it, else the defense will say the muslim kid was never really serious and wouldn't have followed through with it. The fake bomb allowed him to "put his money where is mouth is" and actually attempt to use what he thought was a WMD.

If they didn't do it that way, what would they charge him with? Nothing. His speech was protected under 1st amendment. He wasn't providing material support to any terror group. And the items he bought to assemble the bomb were all legal, because he BOUGHT them in civilian markets, so if he legally bought them, he was legally possessing them.

It's only when they were assembled into a fake bomb and he attempted to use it was the crime committed.

So, there ya go. Without the attempt, the feds had no case. Luckily, the moronic, sick, twisted, evil MUSLIM kid had 100% intent to kill people and we caught him before he could.

Damn good post. Right on it evidence wise.

Yeah me too.

Yeah, he does.

And it's scary. Because the average American citizens will only take so much of this Islamic extremism in our backyards before they fight back. Not the feds or cops or military. Regular Joe Blow. Unfortunately, that mosque burning is a sign of that.

The Muslims better get their religion in check. All the other major religions over the years have gotten more peaceful, and reeled in and rooted out the violent radicals in theirs. Islam seems to be getting more violent and radical as history progresses though:eusa_eh:

How was that mosque involved in this?
The terrorists WANT religion to be tied into this. That is their goal. The Bush doctrine was not to go that route and that is still the policy.

Just amazing. Its on this site and others. People actually accusing the FBI of wrong doing. I'm the biggest right winger around.......and I applaud the Obama Admin for getting this guy. Good job FBI, good job President Obama.

Someone posted a link, rawnews dot com I think, in this very thread, where they are blaming this on the fact that the MUSLIM kid was on a terror watch list, and thus couldn't fly, and thus couldnt go to Alaska to take a summer job. As implied that if only he'd been allowed to go take a summer job, he wouldn't have wanted to murder hundreds of people (my how our youth have changed).

Well, looks like he was on a watch list for good reason.

Good job Feds. Round up all the rest of the Muslim extremists who fantasize about blowing up Christmas tree lightings. Every one of us knows damn well that there are 1,000 more Mohammed Muhammed's out there that haven't been arrested yet.

Great job and salutes to the FBI suits in the field and their intelligence operation that do a great job doing their job while their bosses pose for press conferences and publicity photos.
That is the real world for undercover 'gators.

According to the news this morning, the FBI gave this guy several opportunities to back out including reminding him that there would be hundreds of children killed. He liked that. He's a monster.

Just amazing. Its on this site and others. People actually accusing the FBI of wrong doing. I'm the biggest right winger around.......and I applaud the Obama Admin for getting this guy. Good job FBI, good job President Obama.

Someone posted a link, rawnews dot com I think, in this very thread, where they are blaming this on the fact that the MUSLIM kid was on a terror watch list, and thus couldn't fly, and thus couldnt go to Alaska to take a summer job. As implied that if only he'd been allowed to go take a summer job, he wouldn't have wanted to murder hundreds of people (my how our youth have changed).

Good job Feds. Round up all the rest of the Muslim extremists who fantasize about blowing up Christmas tree lightings. Every one of us knows damn well that there are 1,000 more Mohammed Muhammed's out there that haven't been arrested yet.

Great job and salutes to the FBI suits in the field and their intelligence operation that do a great job doing their job while their bosses pose for press conferences and publicity photos.
That is the real world for undercover 'gators.

It was his father who reported him. Yesterday the attempted murderer pleaded not guilty to an alleged plot to blow up a car bomb at an Oregon Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Portland.***

"The indictment and plea come as Attorney General Eric Holder defended federal agents's action in the case. The FBI set up a sting operation to investigate Mohamud after receiving a tip. Holder rejected the suggestion that Mohamud was a victim of illegal entrapment by the FBI.

"Once the undercover operation began, the suspect "chose at every step to continue" with the bombing plot, said Holder.

"He was told that children -- children -- were potentially going to be harmed," the attorney general added."

Somali-American Pleads Not Guilty in Alleged Plot to Blow Up Ore. Christmas Tree Ceremony - FoxNews.com

Yeah, he does.

How was that mosque involved in this?
The terrorists WANT religion to be tied into this. That is their goal. .

Make it a holy war... make it a crusade...

Oregon is a commie state. I live here, believe me. We have a very active criminal underground because the left is sympathetic to them, and the left runs Oregon.

Well, Allie, no one is keeping you here. If you feel that this state is so bad, why don't you go to one that you like?

The left runs Oregon? Well, we are more liberal than most states. But then, we have a higher percentage of educated people than most states.

Allie is vicious about "liberals" or anyone who doesn't support her cockamany viewpoints. She attacked me in another thread even though I agreed with her!! Calling me trailer park trash looking for a government handout, when I was actually arguing that I was tired of all the slackers taking government handouts and getting away with it. Once Allie has your number (perceived liberal) locked into that thing she calls a brain atop her head, she's like a rabid dog attacking a bone already chewed to dust. She's a feminazi, so just ignore her, like I eventually do.

Oregon is a commie state. I live here, believe me. We have a very active criminal underground because the left is sympathetic to them, and the left runs Oregon.

Well, Allie, no one is keeping you here. If you feel that this state is so bad, why don't you go to one that you like?

The left runs Oregon? Well, we are more liberal than most states. But then, we have a higher percentage of educated people than most states.

Lol...and there you have it, folks..what I hate most about Oregon...the arrogant, pontificating liberal types who think they are entitled to the rest of the state because they are just so much better.

I'm on the east side of the state, dickweed. I'm not going anywhere. Where people have land that attracts the attention of elitist assholes like you, who try to take it away. Portland is a tiny portion of the landmass of Oregon. Thank God. You guys all sit there with your peters in each other's asses, and the rest of us dummies will enjoy living where the air is clean and there isn't a cop on every corner to make immasculated morons like yourself feel okay about the fact that you are immasculated and often mistaken for your own mother, who lives upstairs.

:lol: I rest my case, Old Rocks!!

WIngnuts would rather whine than act

And yet, despite all those sensible words, you still seem to think it's the lefties who are complaining about the FBI

You don't know Oregon, do you?
People can't act in Oregon because the population centers, filled with liberal, anti-American, generally non-native, assholes control the entire state. Hence the anger east of the Cascades. We have no say in anything. I'm not sure what you would have us do, short of rebellion or something drastic like that. We own land...but we're not allowed to build, produce or subdivide. We have great resources...which we're not allowed to touch.

Color me unimpressed.

Yeah me too.

Yeah, that's it...:cuckoo:

Just catching someone building a bomb and alleging intent is fraught with potential legal loopholes that a good criminal defense attorney would use to free the person on technicalities. Catching him in the act closes those doors. It's a no-brainer.

Exactly.

You don't know Oregon, do you?
People can't act in Oregon because the population centers, filled with liberal, anti-American, generally non-native, assholes control the entire state. Hence the anger east of the Cascades. We have no say in anything. I'm not sure what you would have us do, short of rebellion or something drastic like that. We own land...but we're not allowed to build, produce or subdivide. We have great resources...which we're not allowed to touch.

WIngnuts always have an excuse for thier incompetence.

One of my business partners got NY State to change a law, all by himself. You just don't have what it takes. Millions of people are thriving in OR, but you can only whine.

Forum List

Back