Stunned: The left is coming out against.....the FBI in Portland?

Oregon is a commie state. I live here, believe me. We have a very active criminal underground because the left is sympathetic to them, and the left runs Oregon.

Then why is Oregon's violent crime rate lower than a majority of states? In 2006 they were ranked 38th when it came to violent crimes. I think someone should check their facts before they speak out of their ass.

commies protect criminals, moron. That's why they love Oregon. We're crawling with terrorists, black market thugs, a BOOMING drug industry. And yet our crime rate is low! Go figure!

Oregon is a commie state. I live here, believe me. We have a very active criminal underground because the left is sympathetic to them, and the left runs Oregon.

Then why is Oregon's violent crime rate lower than a majority of states? In 2006 they were ranked 38th when it came to violent crimes. I think someone should check their facts before they speak out of their ass.

commies protect criminals, moron. That's why they love Oregon. We're crawling with terrorists, black market thugs, a BOOMING drug industry. And yet our crime rate is low! Go figure!

That's a big 10-4. Crime is just another entitlement!

I'm shocked. Throughout this site, and others, I've seen repeated posts from dedicated lefties whose only overriding opinion on the Portland incident is that the FBI was wrong somehow!!! That somehow the Muslim got an unfair deal or something.

Do you lefties know about gathering evidence? Lets say they arrested him earlier. When he was simply "conspiring" to do this, which is a weak charge that probably wouldn't have stuck.

What then? They have little evidence that the 1st amendment wouldn't protect. AND, his lawyer would get him off easy by saying "My client was led astray, BUT he never truly intended to go through with this plan."

NOW they have his attempt to follow through with it. A potential life sentence. And BARGAINING chips to get him to rat on any friends with similar intents.

Brilliant police work by the FBI.

I'm disappointed that the left is for some reason coming out against the FBI.

ummmmm, ijit... it was the righties all whining about how the weasel wanna-be terrorist was somehow "set up" by the FBI.... not the left.

but i'm sure you have a credible link for your assertion....

not.

:cuckoo:

"A very similar thing happened last month when the FBI announced that it had arrested someone who was planning to bomb the DC Metro system when, in reality, "the only plotting he did was in response to instructions from federal agents he thought were accomplices." That concocted FBI plot then led to the Metro Police announcing a new policy of random searches of passengers' bags.

Meanwhile, in Oregon, the mosque sometimes attended by Mohamud was victimized today by arson. So the FBI did not stop any actual Terrorist plots, but they may have helped inspire one."
:eusa_eh:

They compare it to a sting operation.

I say we need to consider the Delorean case when we look at this and see whether we're looking at sting or entrapment.

From what I gather, it seems he initiated the attempts to contacts terrorist groups, making this a good sting operation.

"A very similar thing happened last month when the FBI announced that it had arrested someone who was planning to bomb the DC Metro system when, in reality, "the only plotting he did was in response to instructions from federal agents he thought were accomplices." That concocted FBI plot then led to the Metro Police announcing a new policy of random searches of passengers' bags.

Meanwhile, in Oregon, the mosque sometimes attended by Mohamud was victimized today by arson. So the FBI did not stop any actual Terrorist plots, but they may have helped inspire one."
:eusa_eh:

I say we need to consider the Delorean case when we look at this and see whether we're looking at sting or entrapment.

From what I gather, it seems he initiated the attempts to contacts terrorist groups, making this a good sting operation.

Hmm. That's not the way Muslims and Somalis see it.

Really, all Muslims?

Do you have any evidence to suggest entrapment?

The only misdeed I've seen evidence of the FBI committing in this case is that which I posted earlier- and that does not constitute entrapment. Just being dicks.

And we care...why?

I don't, but it's funny, and ironic.

Yeah, it's ironic the FBI is getting its big dicks out to protect mosques when they are the ones who whipped a kid into a bombing plot and started it.

The Muslims and Somalis just told you that.

It's doubly ironic it's happening in Portland, the bigest concenctration of phony tolerance on the planet.

Portland is a testament to phony tolerance...but then it's lefty. I say let the FBI tear it up.

There are many civil libertarian types on both the left and right that oppose the Patriot Act. That is obviously what was employed here. The Daily Beast said that is both comforting and discomfitting (sp?). Personally, I think its working well. How many plots have been thwarted?

You need a good shrink, honey. You're getting worse.

There are many civil libertarian types on both the left and right that oppose the Patriot Act. That is obviously what was employed here. The Daily Beast said that is both comforting and discomfitting (sp?). Personally, I think its working well. How many plots have been thwarted?

No. The patriot act didn't come into play here until after people who knew the kid reported him. Then they started monitoring him. they'd have been able to get a warrant anyway...

The problem here is the right is whining every time this administration does anything in regard to security. they're hypocrites and wouldn't have said boo if it were bush doing it.

Well, Allie, no one is keeping you here. If you feel that this state is so bad, why don't you go to one that you like?

The left runs Oregon? Well, we are more liberal than most states. But then, we have a higher percentage of educated people than most states.

By the way, very good work for the FBI. The kid was given warning. Several times the operatives spoke about the damage that such an attack would do. Each time he stated that was what he wanted.

Forum List

Back